Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

Sorry if this has already been answered, but 10 pages already.

Now that it is less than 100 days till my appointment I want to check if the appointment I made long ago is still valid after the 100 days limit was introduced, but when I look at the appointments, there are no names showing, and when I enter my details, it won't take the time and won't go on so I can't see if I'm in my time slot ( all appointments are full for that day ).

Is there any way I can check?

Thanks in advance.

BTW in the event that my appointment has been cancelled for any reason, can you still just go very early, and get a queue number to do the extension, as before the online system introduction?

How early is early enough not to miss out ( I don't live in C M )?

Thanks again.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that it is less than 100 days till my appointment I want to check if the appointment I made long ago is still valid after the 100 days limit was introduced, but when I look at the appointments, there are no names showing, and when I enter my details, it won't take the time and won't go on so I can't see if I'm in my time slot ( all appointments are full for that day ).

Thanks in advance.

BTW in the event that my appointment has been cancelled for any reason, can you still just go very early, and get a queue number to do the extension, as before the online system introduction?

Thanks again.

I extended my visa last Wednesday without an appointment and got there at 6 AM. I was #19 on the sign-up sheet and was completely processed by 11:15. Talked to a fellow that was # 4 on the list and he signed up at 5 AM. The office seems more orderly and efficient, but they do have a high volume.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.

I extended my visa last Wednesday without an appointment and got there at 6 AM. I was #19 on the sign-up sheet and was completely processed by 11:15. Talked to a fellow that was # 4 on the list and he signed up at 5 AM. The office seems more orderly and efficient, but they do have a high volume.

Thank you for your promt reply. That's a relief to know, in the event that the online appointment disappears.

Yes, the volume of customers is way too high for the number of officers, but I'm not holding my breath...................................

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.

If your appointment was made before they introduced the 100 day rule then it will be honoured.

I made my booking last September for early this September........called me at 11am on the dot.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks again.

If your appointment was made before they introduced the 100 day rule then it will be honoured.

I made my booking last September for early this September........called me at 11am on the dot.

Thank you.

I made my appointment in May for my June appointment - about 25 days before. Got lucky?

I once went to Immigration at like 6:15 in the morning to get something done. I forget now, it was a few years ago. There was no one else there and the gate was closed. I felt stupid. I guess with all the influx of people here now this has changed?

There is the government information line, 1111 where you can also get information from immigration. They are known to correct an officer who doesn't comply to the rules and give an officer instructions on how to handle.

But many things are a result of miscommunication. Always stay calm and try to find out what the problem is and if need be ask to speak to a superior officer.

+1 But communicating with them still requires being prepared and clear.

I made mine 8-9 months in advance for end of September. 11:00 AM and called nearly exactly that time. You can e-mail them if you want to be certain. You can find it in the pinned On-line queue topic. I verified mine though by just entering my queue number for the date I reserved in the online queue page and it showed my slot assigned to me.

Oh, wow! The first open slot isn't until December 26. It will probably now be commonplace for people to start gathering at the gates of Immigration at 6 am like they used to.

Quite a few slots up to 17th January,100 days in advance,so just a little planning should avoid the hassle? It is only once a year after all.

Just wondering if other members had suggestions. I need to pick up a single re-entry permit in the next couple of weeks. Got the paperwork in order, etc. Should I join the 6 a.m. queue, or can I stroll in at some other time(s) of day and avoid the killer, coffeeless early morning wait?

Just wondering if other members had suggestions. I need to pick up a single re-entry permit in the next couple of weeks. Got the paperwork in order, etc. Should I join the 6 a.m. queue, or can I stroll in at some other time(s) of day and avoid the killer, coffeeless early morning wait?

You might get lucky strolling in around 2 PM. Regarding the coffee pain, once you sign in at the early hour you can go to 7-11 and get your coffee to be back by 8:00 AM when they hand out the queue numbers.

After 3pm when all the ticket holders have been served is usually a good time.

Thanks to those responding. Figured the big storm we had through the noon hour might discourage the casual visitor, making it a good time to go. Made it there for 1 pm and got number 43 with 39 being served. My lucky day! Not quite. Still took about an hour from start to finish as I suspect the storm interrupted the staff's lunch hour and only 1 person was served in the first 40 minutes. Never mind - just 1 less hour in front of the computer, or worse.whistling.gif

• 2 months later...

I am having trouble this year 2013 in making an appointment via Queue system. My visa expires the 27 of February and I'm unable to set a time for that day. Any information as to how to proceed would be accepted.

I am having trouble this year 2013 in making an appointment via Queue system. My visa expires the 27 of February and I'm unable to set a time for that day. Any information as to how to proceed would be accepted.

By my 10 years of experience with a 'retirement' visa you may renew up to 30 days before the expiration date but not one day after. If I were you I would search every day from 28 January to 27 February and take any open date available. If none pick any day during this period and go in early with all paperwork completed......................Good luck

By my 10 years of experience with a 'retirement' visa you may renew up to 30 days before the expiration date but not one day after. If I were you I would search every day from 28 January to 27 February and take any open date available. If none pick any day during this period and go in early with all paperwork completed......................Good luck

First open dates appear to be after mid March so looks like a long early day is in the future.

In getting "moved in" to my 2013 calendar/diary, I made a point of noting not only the expiration date for my retirement extension, but also the date 100 days before so I can get onto the queue appointment system. It seems the appointments are booking up 75-80 days in advance. It would be nice if they opened it up, like they used to. I made the 2013 appointment right after I did my 2012 extension.

In getting "moved in" to my 2013 calendar/diary, I made a point of noting not only the expiration date for my retirement extension, but also the date 100 days before so I can get onto the queue appointment system. It seems the appointments are booking up 75-80 days in advance. It would be nice if they opened it up, like they used to. I made the 2013 appointment right after I did my 2012 extension.

What was the reason for changing it to 100 days?

people die? move? forget?

that would be my guess.... maybe they changed just because.......

I guess too many people abusing the system with bookings for 90 days and not turning up etc.

At least they kept it going,could easily have dropped it completely, and 100 days in advance should be more than enough time for most people to book their slot?

1507625.GIF

I guess too many people abusing the system with bookings for 90 days and not turning up etc.

At least they kept it going,could easily have dropped it completely, and 100 days in advance should be more than enough time for most people to book their slot?

Yep, we don't want people abusing the system and spoiling it for others, I'd hate the thought of spending more than an hour a year at that place.

Good call immigration.smile.png

• 1 month later...

My visa expires on 28 February. On 2 Jan I checked the online system to get an appointment. At that time, the earliest appointment available was for the end of March. There was a recent recommendation to note the date 100 days before your visa expires to make an appointment. As you can renew a 1-year visa up to 30 days before expiration, you should begin looking for a reservation up to 130 days before the expiration date of your visa. The system is developing such a backlog that you need to begin checking out the situation as early as possible.

I just checked the online queue today (5 February), and the earliest appointment available is for 20 April.

Good luck all!! I will be driving up from Lampang and in line early tomorrow morning to do my renewal.

Edited by kdefay

• 1 month later...

Bad news.

Went to do my 90 day report today which was reasonably quick.

But, an American woman jumped to the front of the queue brandishing an online booking slip for 4pm,she handed it to the officer and it was duly processed. Being next in line with my ticket I asked why they were accepting "online bookings" for 90 days and he simply shrugged and said it's OK!

Hope none of you visa guys might have needed that slot.

Senseless! 1512039.gif

Bad news.

Went to do my 90 day report today which was reasonably quick.

But, an American woman jumped to the front of the queue brandishing an online booking slip for 4pm,she handed it to the officer and it was duly processed. Being next in line with my ticket I asked why they were accepting "online bookings" for 90 days and he simply shrugged and said it's OK!

Hope none of you visa guys might have needed that slot.

Senseless! 1512039.gif

I was in a few weeks ago and as you say reasonably quick in and out elapsed time 33 minutes. I met a fellow there who told me that you could now book your 90 days on line now.

Seems kind of pointless for a three minute appointment. That is assuming you are ready for it.