You Know You'Re Becoming A Local When...

Riggi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. you ride your motorcycle the wrong way on the shoulder of the highway for 2-300 metres to get to an intersection because if you rode in the right direction you'd have to go 2 or 3 kms before you could make a U-turn,

Next step is using the mirrors to squeeze zits or plucking facial hairs out while waiting at the red light,

I hated motocycs using the side walk but sorry to say it did,nt take me long to start doing the same in traffic jams :unsure:

Ohh god, just did this sidewalk run today for first time.. yeahhhhhhhaaaa Im local

2. you ride your motorcycle the wrong way on the shoulder of the highway for 2-300 metres to get to an intersection because if you rode in the right direction you'd have to go 2 or 3 kms before you could make a U-turn,

Next step is using the mirrors to squeeze zits or plucking facial hairs out while waiting at the red light,

I hated motocycs using the side walk but sorry to say it did,nt take me long to start doing the same in traffic jams :unsure:

Ohh god, just did this sidewalk run today for first time.. yeahhhhhhhaaaa Im local

Did you actually knew that this practice is allowed in Thai traffic law?

Thai traffic law? What is that? Never heard of and probably not many other know there is a Thai traffic law.

Btw, who has the right in the only roundabout in town, the one at the New Clocktower?

The one inside (coming from the right), biggest truck or highest speed?

:rolleyes::huh::o

Thai traffic law? What is that? Never heard of and probably not many other know there is a Thai traffic law.

Btw, who has the right in the only roundabout in town, the one at the New Clocktower?

The one inside (coming from the right), biggest truck or highest speed?

:rolleyes::huh::o

If you had really become a local you wouldn't even need to ask that last question Sven...

A local wouldn't even look when driving into the roundabout so it wouldn't matter what he had to give way to.

You tell the wife you have to turn the water off because you have to put the engine in the Edan to drive into town to buy beer....

:thumbsup:

Thanks, But I still give my top vote to:

"You are a local when you go into the bathroom and the muddy footprints on the toilet seat are your own."

• 1 year later...

You have passed your Thai driving test and now realise its actually LEGAL to drive the wrong way on the hard shoulder of a main road for a "short distance"

The threat of another Coup makes you just shrug your shoulders and think will the 7/11 still be open.

When a farang sticks his camera out of a minibus to take a picture you, the wife, 2 kids on a Honda click doing 80 outside Mae Sai - shopping stacked on the driver hook and a blowup rubber Donkey and a Cow under each the wifes arms.

Do not harp on about the safety aspects, I tried that with the mrs

Don't you love it when they agree on the safety aspects of crash helmets but insist there's no need to put them on for short trips around the village? rolleyes.gif

Or stacking a bike with all the crap the wife wanted me to carry - drove through a police checkpoint with that... not a blink.

When the police are driving home - I rarely see them with helmets on :\

Edited by krobert6