Pregnant Thai

Charley

A friend of mine is having a baby with a Thai national in mid january.He lives in the UK she in Khorat,how he is going to work that out I dont know....but I would like to know is there anything to see and do in Khorat as he expects us to be there for the birth.Also she told him that he cannot be with her for the birth as this is frowned upon unless he pays the doctors???sounds suspect to me. : :o

A friend of mine is having a baby with a Thai national in mid january.He lives in the UK she in Khorat,how he is going to work that out I dont know....but  I would like to know is there anything to see and do in Khorat as he expects us to be there for the birth.Also she told him that he cannot be with her for the birth as this is frowned upon unless he pays the doctors???sounds suspect to me. : :o

theres planty of thai girls just waiting to have your babies ... as long as you have the money to pay the doctors ....

and answer me this .. just why is your friend insiting that you have to be there for the birth ??? hmm ....

A friend of mine is having a baby with a Thai national in mid january.He lives in the UK she in Khorat,how he is going to work that out I dont know....but  I would like to know is there anything to see and do in Khorat as he expects us to be there for the birth.Also she told him that he cannot be with her for the birth as this is frowned upon unless he pays the doctors???sounds suspect to me. : :o

Don't know about paying the Dr.......... :D

Thai men do not attend the birth, they sit in the waiting room playing with their mobile phones........ :D

At least that was my experience when my son was born at the Korat Ratchasima Thonburi Hospital....... :D

Its probably free to a Thai unless there is a Farang there , then they know they can pay for it . Get a blood test !

Charlry, I am assuming from your post, that you will be in Khorat when your English friends Thai girlfriend has their baby. And as you will be there, he has asked you to drop in and say hello, as he can not make it due to work commitments. Please correct me if I am wrong :D

Anyway, some answers for your friend. I just spoke to my thai wife and asked her the following.

1. Is a thai man allowed to see the birth of his baby in hospital. YES.

2. Does a Thai man have to pay the doctor to do this. NO

3. Is a Falang man allowed to see the birth of his baby. YES

4. Does a Falang man have to pay the doctor to do this. NO

Now you may wonder why I asked about the Thai mans situation first. I find it puts everything into perspective in relation to the topic being discussed :D:D I actually actually do this a lot, and I always seem to get more coherent answers :D

i asked the thai guys here if they were attendant at the birth: got incredulous looks ... no way!!!!!!!! wait outside smoke cigarettes etc.... (issaan guys), the ones that were actually in the coutnry at the time their wives gave birth (many have not seen their kids two or three years born after gone to work overseas , yes THEIR children ... they leave the wives pregnant and go overseas to work... )....

Charley - tell him not to send any more money untill he see's the pic of an expanded belly and his Thai girl, you need a face pic with the belly so he knows it's her (ever heard of 419 scams? Here it's babies and sick 'kwai'), if he really loves her let him do what he wants to do because YOU will be the offender.

If she's in a private hospital for the birth there will be a bill but there will be no extra for some 'father' attending and some Thai husbands do attend the birth.

Think about it - a rich falang who's not here often and a Thai girl looking to make some money. Not to say she's ripping him of but just put some thought into it before sending the next £1000 by bank transfer.

Howdy Charley,

First off I would have the friend verifiy that the girl is pregnant and it is his.Two,there is no problem with him being there to watch the birth just stay out of the way and no comments .There is no"fee" to be there,just the usual medical bill.He should wait to see the bill before paying .And pay the hospital not give the money to his "girlfriend" to pay it.

About things to do in Korat.Many things to do in and around,it is a large city.As you enter the city from the south on A2 to the left right before the MALL is a tourist office with a ton of info about Nakhon Ratchasima and the sorounding areas.Enjoy your time in Beautifull Issan.

Hey Charley, I asked my GF who is a pharmacist in a Hospital and it is not a problem watching the birth. Only thing is you must get doctors permission. She has never heard of a fee for watching your/a child be born. :o

My GF is also 5 months pregnant and insists that I be in the room during the birth. She made it sound like a very normal thing. :D