Bkk To Cm By Air

paulnuek

If you are travelling up as soon as you arrive in Don Muang its not worth pre-booking. Your flight maybee delayed and then you could well miss your connection and would spend half your very long journey worrying about it.

when I fly back from the UK I go straight to terminal one, go to the nearest Nok Air, One 2 Go and Thai Airways booking offices and see who's got the next flight to CM, normally I can be up in the air and on my way home within one and a half to two hours :o There is a few hundred baht difference between Nok/1,2,Go and Thai Airways, but after a long haul I just dont care, I juat wanna get home.

If you are travelling up as soon as you arrive in Don Muang its not worth pre-booking. Your flight maybee delayed and then you could well miss your connection and would spend half your very long journey worrying about it.

when I fly back from the UK I go straight to terminal one, go to the nearest Nok Air, One 2 Go and Thai Airways booking offices and see who's got the next flight to CM, normally I can be up in the air and on my way home within one and a half to two hours :o  There is a few hundred baht difference between Nok/1,2,Go and Thai Airways, but after a long haul I just dont care, I juat wanna get home.

I agree with TP, usually there is a Thai service with seats.

If you book in advance, especially with AirAsia, you can be screwed two ways. One, as TP says, they are often delayed.

Two, if your flight is late, then you may miss the AirAsia flight and lose your money

so not usually worth while to book

You know.. After a long and expensive flight, with every hour eating away at your day-time in Chiang Mai, I'd book a Thai Airways ticket online. If you're very late then no harm done, they book you on the next flight. If you're a little bit late then you'll be surprised how fast they have you in that transit van racing straight from International to your plane's back-side door. So you can actually book a tight connection, with Nok Air (best IMHO of the cheapies) or Air Asia you have to check in at domestic like 45 minutes before, plus going through immigration, pick up your bags, get the shuttle bus, get a ticket...

And the TG flight is usually just 700 baht or so more.. And there's one leaving at 8:15 am.. be on it!

(And if you miss it, there's one 9:20, 10:25, etc. ) Give yourself some convenience and luxury after a long flight!

You know.. After a long and expensive flight, with every hour eating away at your day-time in Chiang Mai, I'd book a Thai Airways ticket online. If you're very late then no harm done, they book you on the next flight. If you're a little bit late then you'll be surprised how fast they have you in that transit van racing straight from International to your plane's back-side door. So you can actually book a tight connection, with Nok Air (best IMHO of the cheapies) or Air Asia you have to check in at domestic like 45 minutes before, plus going through immigration, pick up your bags, get the shuttle bus, get a ticket...

And the TG flight is usually just 700 baht or so more.. And there's one leaving at 8:15 am.. be on it!

(And if you miss it, there's one 9:20, 10:25, etc. )  Give yourself some convenience and luxury after a long flight!

Thanks for the timetable,hopefully we are on time and she can catch the 9.20

Having done the London-BKK-CNX trip a few times now, I agree that it's a plus to have Thai look after you all the way - for all the reasons given.

One reason NOT to do it is that you will pass through customs in CNX and not BKK. BKK always seems to be a walk-through - but I'm told that that the CNX guys usually have nothing much to do and tend to regard arriving international passengers as an "opportunity".......... :o

For that reason, even when I've arrived in BKK with Thai, I've always cleared customs in BKK and picked up a ticket with the next available domestic carrier for BKK-CNX - even though I have nothing for customs to find. And I like the break after the long haul from London - the domestic departure lounge is pleasant enough.

Paul - i saw on some website yesterday (Hendaki or something) that Thai were offering 350.00 quid - i wass p*ssed off cos i just booked on emirates for 450.00 (cheapest half decent airline i could get) - hope you aint booked to soon like me...(i make this mistake every year).

My friend has tried to book a similar time to be and was quoted £1200...

I paid £620 this is from Newcastle-Amsterdam-Bkk

Thai was £800 from London and I had to make my owm way to London..

i book as early as possible,China Airlines have been full for these dates for about 3 months now...

My friend has tried to book a similar time to be and was quoted £1200...

I paid £620 this is from Newcastle-Amsterdam-Bkk

Thai was £800 from London and I had to make my owm way to London..

i book as early as possible,China Airlines have been full for these dates for about 3 months now...

i relly struggled to get a flight from 20th dec - 18th jan

manchester-dubai-bangkok £826 i got lucky,hardly any left,ones left are over £1000.if i would of flown january flights only 550.but wanted to experience xmas/new year in c mai.anyone else arrive around the 20th dec

£826 yes you certainly did get lucky Foxy.

Flights are really hard to get this time of year.

A friend of mine is travelling late jan for £480 inclusive of local departure from Newcastle.

But then again he misses out on a Xmas and New year in the sun.......

It`s a dirty job but someone.......... :o