Sacred Heart Nazi Sports Academy

mallmagician

Sacred heart school sports day yesterday had students unfurling huge Nazi banners from the Windows. Nazi characters on posters included bin laden, Mr bean and square jaw himself.

To top it off the students goose stepped out in full salute with matching Nazi uniform......

All apparantly approved by teachers.....

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure...

It's called freedom of expression.......

Exactly the response I would expect from someone who expects others to take into account his historical hangups

I would be interested to know what the performance was intended to convey......the inclusion of Mr Bean is interesting.......

More info.... I have seen pics, but the source of them won't let me post them for employment reasons....

It was the red team on the sports day that wore the outfits and goose stepped and proudly paraded the nazi banners and swastikas.

Concerns were raised, but the teachers said it isn't bad in this country and allowed it to continue....

Anyway, I was disgusted, but thought I'd share here.

From what Ive heard Sacred Heart has gone down the spout. A hell of alot of farang teachers walked out. Apparently alot of the kids have been leaving too as the parents have noticed that the whole place is just a big scam.

I actually used to teach there, the headmaster always came across as a bit of fake. Regarding the Nazi outfits that really does show how desperate and insecure some higher level people are here. Im sure they are well aware what it means to many westerners but believe me they would have let it go ahead to feel some sense of power over us.

Anything spiteful here is always fuelled by insecurity and wanting to regrain some perception of lost strength, they never grow up.

Sure...

Exactly the response I would expect from someone who expects others to take into account his historical hangups

I would be interested to know what the performance was intended to convey......the inclusion of Mr Bean is interesting.......

I said nothing about a hang up. I personally think it's very bad taste, and from a school, is unforgivable. But that's my opinion. You're entitled to your own opinion, so please carry on. But don't make this an attack on me, I'm just reporting what I've seen and heard...

Do you work at the school, or are you as ignorant as they are? Just wondering....

I wonder what they were intending to express.

That's probably the problem "not a lot". It was probably a crazy idea created by some teenager, slightly lacking in the grey stuff that fits between the 2 ears. In that scenario it would probably be better if one of the wise teachers could advise them to reenact the invasion of Chiang Mai by the Burmese instead.

From what Ive heard Sacred Heart has gone down the spout. A hell of alot of farang teachers walked out. Apparently alot of the kids have been leaving too as the parents have noticed that the whole place is just a big scam.

I actually used to teach there, the headmaster always came across as a bit of fake. Regarding the Nazi outfits that really does show how desperate and insecure some higher level people are here. Im sure they are well aware what it means to many westerners but believe me they would have let it go ahead to feel some sense of power over us.

Anything spiteful here is always fuelled by insecurity and wanting to regrain some perception of lost strength, they never grow up.

Good post 'james24'……Interesting.

As for '473geo' comment…….. "It's called freedom of expression".......Well that OK then, they decided to 'express' the happy, smiley,'goose' stepping Nazis, and not the xenophobic fookwits they really were.

I have to say, poor old MR Bean………This could put Thailand off the counties to visit on a world tour for him…That is of course unless he's really a closet 'brown shirt'

As for '473geo' comment…….. "It's called freedom of expression".......Well that OK then, they decided to 'express' the happy, smiley,'goose' stepping Nazis, and not the xenophobic fookwits they really were.

I have to say, poor old MR Bean………This could put Thailand off the counties to visit on a world tour for him…That is of course unless he's really a closet 'brown shirt'

As is evident on this thread there are always differing views of the same topic.......and various levels of tolerance.....

As is evident on this thread there are always differing views of the same topic.......and various levels of tolerance.....

True!

However, on a sliding scale of tolerance, from; freedom of expression>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mass murder where would you place the following;

Charles Manson, Timothy J. McVeigh

& Terry Nichols ( body count 168)

and MR Bean?

Are they displaying swastikas as a Nazi theme or swastikas as a Buddhist thing?

Monks don't do the goose step and for the kids to have Nazi paraphernalia and know about the goose step then l assume they have watched videos on this stuff. ;) Wonder if anyone wore a Belson uniform.

To most Thais the use of Buddha images as ornaments in the West is just as offensive. I know a Thai restaurant in the UK that has a large bust of Buddha on the floor next to the mats to brush the soles of shoes. This is also an example of ignorance.

I don't think the students wanted to express their support for Nazis and Hitler.

They just needed a (funny) theme for their team.

Those symbols don't mean much over here, Hitler has even been used as a advertisement lately in Pattaya. They don't know much about the mass murders.

So I wouldn't loose too much energy in getting worked up about that.

But the school certainly failed in its educational mission.

It's not a public school it is a private christian school. From that point, a student individual freedoms should be limited if they are in conflict with the philosophy the school not to mention the philosophy of the world in general. Freedom of speech be damned in this case. The director of the school should resign and students punished.

Edited by richard10365

what sort of age range are we talking here, too young to know better, or and age of awareness?

Sounds pretty crass anyway!

David

I saw them marching by. The children looked to be between 7 - 10 years of age. I'm certain that they were unaware of the meaning of the revolting desplay, which begs the question; what was the point?

The teachers that gave it the ok were made aware of the offensive nature, and were fully aware of the meaning to the west.

The kids were all ages on the team, from youngsters to teens.

All with nazi uniform etc etc. So no, they weren't using it in the Buddhist sense of the symbol...

When western staff said it wasn't right, they were told that it is ok, and they were allowed to continue.

Shocking. I have been told a school in bkk did this once, and had to make a public apology for it.

I'm just trying to raise awareness of it. I for one will never place a child in that school if this is something they are ok with. What next? ....

what sort of age range are we talking here, too young to know better, or and age of awareness?

Sounds pretty crass anyway!

David

I saw them marching by. The children looked to be between 7 - 10 years of age. I'm certain that they were unaware of the meaning of the revolting desplay, which begs the question; what was the point?

There were older kids too, but not in the march they did off site....

As far as I understand it, it was the kids idea, that the teachers approved of, even when told how offensive it could be....