Sacred Heart Nazi Sports Academy

mallmagician

I think there is a similar Budhist symbol so don't get your panties in a know before you know for sure and like someone said "freedom of expression". One may not agree with something but everyone should have a right to freedom of expression.

If you read my posts, there is no confusion with the symbol. It's very clear if you bother to read the previous posts.

The kids werent expressing anything, so get off the high horse. It's the fact that the staff allowed it to go ahead when they were fully aware of the meaning hat is so shocking to me. The kids should have been educated when they suggested it, and asked if they still think it's appropriate... Certainly not encouraged...

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the WEST! It's not offensive here! It's not revolting for them. You are in Thailand not your country. Most Thai can't tell a different between a Jew a German or an Italian and so forth. They are all Farang!

Sure. I understand your point... But they have western students, teachers and staff there. It is simply not right IMHO, given that they were told of the meaning. But, each to their own...

I think there is a similar Budhist symbol so don't get your panties in a know before you know for sure and like someone said "freedom of expression". One may not agree with something but everyone should have a right to freedom of expression.

If you read my posts, there is no confusion with the symbol. It's very clear if you bother to read the previous posts.

The kids werent expressing anything, so get off the high horse. It's the fact that the staff allowed it to go ahead when they were fully aware of the meaning hat is so shocking to me. The kids should have been educated when they suggested it, and asked if they still think it's appropriate... Certainly not encouraged...

Maybe it is someone's warped sense of humor... I don't expect they will be bombing London tomorrow so relax and enjoy the day...

Maybe it is someone's warped sense of humor... I don't expect they will be bombing London tomorrow so relax and enjoy the day...

I'm not outraged or anything. I find it shocking, yet amusing in a t.I.t sort of way.

But! I think it speaks volumes of the school management, which is why I posted the info here.

Why is it everytime Thais do something wrong someone defends them and says they arent aware of they're doing. They get away with so much here and to be honest its because we let them.

It gets clearer by the day, we have all been completely manipulated and have become a bunch of little bitches.

Edited by james24

To most Thais the use of Buddha images as ornaments in the West is just as offensive. I know a Thai restaurant in the UK that has a large bust of Buddha on the floor next to the mats to brush the soles of shoes. This is also an example of ignorance.

No it's not. The Buddha is everywhere. Perhaps you think the Buddha is not on the soles of your feet.

Also, it's a Christian school, so you would have thought that morality would be high on the agenda...

It has now become clear that it is a Christian school in name only. Next they may be encouraging children to march in Klansman garb. Unbelievable!

Interesting concept some have, Thailand not directly having felt the grip of Nazi's, can play the 'nothing to do with us card'

Last I checked Thailand is part of the human race and one thing we human are very good at, that's repeating over and over others mistakes in history that lead to things like the Nazi's gaining control.

I think it's funny how I am told by Thai apologists that I have to be respectful of the Thai way, show empathy and understanding for all things Thai…..Where is Thailand's empathy and understanding for the rest of the world. The people that allowed this to go ahead knew what they were doing!

So would it be OK for me and my mates to hold a 'Tsunami' party at a local swimming pool in Thailand. After all the tsunami had 'Nothing to do with me'…..did it.

Edited by Tonto21

pics or a video of this would definitely go viral

Well pics do exist, and may even appear on their own webpage as I'm told the school had a photographer there. Unless they see this thread of course....

Where is Wikileaks when you need them?

Also, it's a Christian school, so you would have thought that morality would be high on the agenda...

I'm not so sure.

" I am convinced that I am acting as an agent of our Almighty Creator. By fighting the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work"

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, page 65

I'm simply highlighting that Christianity (or any belief) does not necessarily equate to morality.

The kids probably did nothing wrong, they are most likely completely ignorant of the significance of the swastika in combination with the goose step. However, I feel terribly sorry for anyone who pays good money to send their kids to a school where they just learn to be idiots.

Why is it everytime Thais do something wrong someone defends them and says they arent aware of they're doing. They get away with so much here and to be honest its because we let them.

It gets clearer by the day, we have all been completely manipulated and have become a bunch of little bitches.

How kind of you to let them little brown natives get away with so much, o benevolent one. They humbly beg you o generous one, that if it so pleases you, can you grant them the light to see the error of their wicked ways.:jap:

I agree. I wonder how the school officials would feel and what they would say after a couple of days of international exposure and freedom of expression?

How kind of you to let them little brown natives get away with so much, o benevolent one. They humbly beg you o generous one, that if it so pleases you, can you grant them the light to see the error of their wicked ways.:jap:

????? I think you misread the post or took it the wrong way. When I say "let them" its not out of generosity, its more to do with the sentence I wrote afterwards.

Everyone gets away with a lot in Thailand, ever notice that? There are downsides, but all in all It's one of the things that I really like about this country.

Students parading around as Nazis - seems to be a bit of a tradition. Previous ThaiVisa threads haven't really come to a conclusion what it all means - most likely a combination of ignorance and a misunderstanding of history (i.e., Nazis are "cool" in some history books - surely some mistake). Maybe some day the participants will realize this. Maybe they'll never know.

One thing is for sure though: There is no danger of Thailand developing Neo-Nazis or suddenly becoming a Nazi state. Those that run around in Nazi regalia obviously have no clue about the history. Those who don't probably have never heard of it. There are other problems in this country, if you've noticed.

Is it ignorant? Sure. Evil? No.

Everyone gets away with a lot in Thailand, ever notice that? There are downsides, but all in all It's one of the things that I really like about this country.

Students parading around as Nazis - seems to be a bit of a tradition. Previous ThaiVisa threads haven't really come to a conclusion what it all means - most likely a combination of ignorance and a misunderstanding of history (i.e., Nazis are "cool" in some history books - surely some mistake). Maybe some day the participants will realize this. Maybe they'll never know.

One thing is for sure though: There is no danger of Thailand developing Neo-Nazis or suddenly becoming a Nazi state. Those that run around in Nazi regalia obviously have no clue about the history. Those who don't probably have never heard of it. There are other problems in this country, if you've noticed.

You know I see your point but I just don't agree anymore. I used to think it was misunderstanding and perhaps ignorance but now I really do see it as evil intention to hurt.

Thais smile when they are around people but alot of them are right miserable inside. Unhappiness in Thailand seems to create anger and anger creates hate and what's the easiest way to vent hate in a state like Thailand where any criticism of Thailand is frowned upon or brings an uneasiness around.... towards the obvious target, us.

They knew exactly what they were doing. What is so confusing to anyone a genocide/holocaust? Its pretty simple there is nothing confusing, at all. Regaridng are they aware of how it makes people feel, yes they are aware but care more about what they want to do.

You know its funny but I dont think you'd see this in Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos or Burma, I just dont think it would happen but Im not there so cant be 100% about that.

I really think it all boils down to plain and simple jealousy, things like this are just ways to disguise it.

Someone needs to release the photos, you send this to the western papers and there is a big chance they will run it on their site, we have to stop putting up with this crap

Guys if your kid plays the part of the artful dodger in the school play you would be proud if he performed well.......

Because he is playing a part, and it does not make him a thief.......

Get a grip

The artful dodger didn't kill millions of innocent people.

You know I see your point but I just don't agree anymore. I used to think it was misunderstanding and perhaps ignorance but now I really do see it as evil intention to hurt.

Thais smile when they are around people but alot of them are right miserable inside. Unhappiness in Thailand seems to create anger and anger creates hate and what's the easiest way to vent hate in a state like Thailand where any criticism of Thailand is frowned upon or brings an uneasiness around.... towards the obvious target, us.

They knew exactly what they were doing. What is so confusing to anyone a genocide/holocaust? Its pretty simple there is nothing confusing, at all. Regaridng are they aware of how it makes people feel, yes they are aware but care more about what they want to do.

You know its funny but I dont think you'd see this in Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos or Burma, I just dont think it would happen but Im not there so cant be 100% about that.

I really think it all boils down to plain and simple jealousy, things like this are just ways to disguise it.

Someone needs to release the photos, you send this to the western papers and there is a big chance they will run it on their site, we have to stop putting up with this crap

Maybe they are just being patriotic, they were allies during the war.

Ok then, freedom of expression is a two way street.

Get some leaflets printed in Thai that describes in detail Thailand's contribution in WWII, and hand them around outside the school gates.

Wear your running shoes.

Guys if your kid plays the part of the artful dodger in the school play you would be proud if he performed well.......

Get a grip

I didn't say he did........try to see the real point in the post.....play acting/dressing up/performing....never do it?......and if you did, ever give a thought to how people in Crete would feel about the way you dressed up?

Get a grip

I didn't say he did........try to see the real point in the post.....play acting/dressing up/performing....never do it?......and if you did, ever give a thought to how people in Crete would feel about the way you dressed up?

Youre right dressing up like a Nazi is just as fun and non offensive as dressing up like a character from Oliver Twist.

Crete lol your clutching at straws, get a grip mate.

Tussaud's waxworks in Pattaya had this hoarding up for several weeks on the outskirts of Bangkok.

Hitler in Bangkok

Showing similarly poor taste the Finnish Air Training Wing, where Finland's fast jet pilots are trained, has this as their unit flag:

Finnish Air Trg Wing

Which, sadly just goes to show that a lack of respect or historical good sense is not restricted to LOS.

But of course Thailand was a formal ally of Japan and declared war on both the UK and USA (though the latter declaration was never formally delivered), and the UK in turn declared war on Thailand. Thailand saw an opportunity to grab territory from France in Laos & Cambodia and the UK in the Shan states/Karen areas of Burma plus the northern provinces of Malaya. This was a highly opportunistic act designed to regain territories either ceded to the colonial powers to cling on to independence or were regarded as being part of a Greater Siam sphere. Whilst formally annexed during WW2 by Thailand all these areas were subsequently returned in 1946.

So parading around in Nazi uniform at least historically is not totally inappropriate but is probably a reminder of a piece of history that is often glossed over in present day Thai history lessons.

Unfortunately I think you are giving too much credit to what the children have learned at the Sacred Heart school. Based on

my experience, most Thais know very little about history, both their own and the rest of the worlds. While this does not make

them any more stupid than others, it does sometimes make them look so to the rest of the world, especially when events like

this occur.

I would be very surprised if any of the children knew what their actions symbolize, and thus think it would be wrong to consider it evil

intent on their behalf.

As the saying goes, never attribute to malice what can easier by explained by ignorance or stupidity. Perhaps the children saw some videos

about marching nazis and thought it looked cool.

This on the other hand sounds like a good idea. Hopefully the idiot tag will then be put where it belongs, on the school and the

teachers there. If it's published wide enough it might also make the parents, who may be equally uneducated about this particular segment

of the worlds history, more aware about the level of education their children receive.

After all, what parent would like his child to look like an idiot to the rest of the world due to bad teachers?

Ignorance on the childrens part is excusable, but ignorance on the teachers part is not. Teachers who are so poor at their job

should be put to more appropriate use, such as cleaning the bathrooms at hospital wardens for those suffering from food poisoning.

Strangely enough I've previously read positive comments about the Sacred Heart school here on TV. If I had a kid in that school now

I would however very seriously consider whether I was getting my moneys worth, even if my kid was there on a scholarship with all expenses paid.

The teachers that gave it the ok were made aware of the offensive nature, and were fully aware of the meaning to the west.

The kids were all ages on the team, from youngsters to teens.

All with nazi uniform etc etc. So no, they weren't using it in the Buddhist sense of the symbol...

When western staff said it wasn't right, they were told that it is ok, and they were allowed to continue.

Shocking. I have been told a school in bkk did this once, and had to make a public apology for it.

I'm just trying to raise awareness of it. I for one will never place a child in that school if this is something they are ok with. What next? ....

Didn't Prince Harry do that once too?

Objecting to the content of someone else's free expression is also part of freedom of expression.

That aside, it's a cop out to pretend that this has something to do with Buddhism.

I can think of making a farce out of certain people in Thailand (out of complete ignorance of course, under the guise of 'freedom of expression'), 'that would upset and offend a lot of people.

Mind you I wouldn't do it and I especially wouldn't do it on Thai soil. ph34r.gif