Where Can Thai People Go Without Visa?

Hi Everyone. This is my first post on the website. I have recently met a girl whilst on holiday in Samui. I have been back since to spend another couple of weeks with her. I like thailand but would like to explore other places around the world and take her with me. Where can she go without getting a visa. I just cant be doing with all the paper work of taking her to europe, aus etc. I had a uk visitor application declined end of august (didn't know enough, enough said!) I now realise its going to be a year or so and loads of evidence of a relationship before she comes here. Not a problem with me, I need some holidays! I read somewhere they can go all over asia? south africa? how correct is this (visa on arrival would be fine)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The countries or regions that grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival to personal Thailand passport holders are:

Cambodia (Visa on arrival - tourist for $20, business for $25)

No visa required for a Thai national entering Cambodia.

EDIT: Actually Thais get 14 day no visa entry.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

This is a great list. Thanks. is this worthy of pinning? because to manually search for a list on visa sites is not so easy. This does have it all in one place and then the onus is on the traveller to further check this is still valid. Great place to start anyway

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The countries or regions that grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival to personal Thailand passport holders are:

hmmmmmmmmm, I recall my TGF required to get the V.O.A flying in the Siem Reap airport - ie. I had to pay 2*$20.

TGF also informs me that by road it's 1000THB for entry (visa?)

hmmmmmmmmm, I recall my TGF required to get the V.O.A flying in the Siem Reap airport - ie. I had to pay 2*$20.

Thats all changed...they can stay 14 days visa free..."spoonman" is 100% correct

so no hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....required

Edited by Soutpeel

Thats all changed...they can stay 14 days visa free..."spoonman" is 100% correct

so no hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....required

Cool saves my money!

• 1 month later...

A slightly different take on this - can a Thai go to any of the bordering countries with ID card only, no passport? I think a Thai used to be able to go across the Mae Sai crossing into Myanmar with ID card only... but how about Cambodia, for example?

Just curious, cos I'm doing a trip to Phnom Penh next Friday and the gf has just lost her passport...

Edited by wedders

Myself & Thai partner travelled to South Africa for a week , no Visa required and no immigration questioning

Thai Nationals get 30 days visa waiver in SA, if they want to stay longer, tourist visa/extension can be done in country upto period of 180 days/year, after which not allowed back in for a period of 6 months.

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

Myself & Thai partner travelled to South Africa for a week , no Visa required and no immigration questioning

Thai Nationals get 30 days visa waiver in SA, if they want to stay longer, tourist visa/extension can be done in country upto period of 180 days/year, after which not allowed back in for a period of 6 months.

Excluding the Asian countries on the list, SA is the only decent, non third world place worth visiting unless you can afford the presumably massive airfares to travel to South America

No visa required for Thais visiting Taiwan if they have a valid US, UK, Canadian, or Japanese visa in their passport. Just submit the info online and print out before traveling.

Smart Taiwanese... save on Immigration admin costs

What immigration admin costs? The visa fees would cover those, as well as a healthy profit.

First and foremost - attribution should be made and the link included:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_countries_can_Thai_citizens_go_to_without_a_Visa

Second, there are a few of these out there if people would bother to seach for them.

Finally, there are loads of lovely places to visit on this list and why is the label of third world or developing off putting, still some of the best adventures to be had on the planet!!!

The only places I have zero interest in that list are a few African countries, Bangladesh and Philippines. That includes Syria present conditions accepted. My girlfriend and myself will gladly accept any free tickets. Thanks.

• Like 1

Now i am concerned as i was told that my Thai partner did not need a visa for 14 days to Vietnam.

Please, anybody, where does she stand, she has a current Thai passport.

I travel to Vietnam 4 or 5 times per year. Thai passport holders get stamped in for 30 days.