Where Can Thai People Go Without Visa?

Many thanks for the link, says that the short stay visa waiver programme has been running since July 2011.

I'm sure that when i researched back in 2012 about taking my Thai wife to Eire, she already had a UK visit visa, that a Schengen Visa was required! 

Learn something new everyday. Hope the link helps other TV members thinking of making the trip. 

18 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'm sure that when i researched back in 2012 about taking my Thai wife to Eire, she already had a UK visit visa, that a Schengen Visa was required!

Ireland, like the UK, has never been a member of the Schengen area.

Unless covered by the Irish short stay visa waiver programme linked to by NewlyMintedThai, the appropriate Irish visa is required to enter the Republic.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As of this month Thai passport holders can enter Hainan Province in southern China for up to 30 days without a visa. There is a requirement to book the trip through an official travel agency and I do not know the precise ins and outs of doing this, but if you do it you'll get in. 

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-04/18/c_137120441.htm

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, Zayo said:

Can thai go to canada for vacation without visa?

Is there a way for anyone to travel to canada who is thai for visit only?

My wife was denied a Canadian tourist visa twice even when she had leave to remain in the UK. It's a hard visa to get.

Taiwan did extend its visa-free policy for another year, through 31 July 2019, but reduced the duration from 30 days to 14 days (and maybe the total number of entries?).

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30353661

I was surprised about Turkey, and South Africa.

http://thairesidents.com/local/32-countries-visa-free-thailand-passport-holders-updated-2019/

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, riclag said:

Is it a fact that Thai’s can go anywhere without a visa if they are in a group tour ,such as shore excursions on a cruise

No, most definitely not.

In fact, anyone who books a cruise without the required visas will not be permitted to embark on day one. You cannot say, "I'm not going to get off the ship."

You will not be allowed onboard without the visa(s).

Edited by macahoom

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/15/2016 at 11:03 PM, Colabamumbai said:

Thanks now. Can they extend that? I have a job offer there and am wondering if my Thai G/f could come and live there with me and or find work there to stay long time.

Shuda looked at the date before answering. -  Monitors:  Can you remove these old questions, a post expiration date should be required.  Stop wasting our time.    Thank You

Edited by TunnelRat69

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Come on guys does a Thai need a visa for a short holiday in Singapore ?

No.  But at least in the past they can expect a certain amount of questioning about their intentions.  My wife had her return flight and date written into her passport and was told under no circumstances to miss it, didn't want her getting lost in OT I guess (trying to find me perhaps).

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

Come on guys does a Thai need a visa for a short holiday in Singapore ?

No.

Thais do nto need a visa to travel to Singapore.

MOST nationalities can enter Singapore visa free, only a short list of exceptions.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2011 at 11:47 AM, Turboadam said:

hmmmmmmmmm, I recall my TGF required to get the V.O.A flying in the Siem Reap airport - ie. I had to pay 2*$20.

TGF also informs me that by road it's 1000THB for entry (visa?)

My Thai GF and her Thai Niece got free Cambodian entry just prior to Covid closures.

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

No.  But at least in the past they can expect a certain amount of questioning about their intentions.  My wife had her return flight and date written into her passport and was told under no circumstances to miss it, didn't want her getting lost in OT I guess (trying to find me perhaps).

Well I live in Oz now and I like to meet with my lady friend for about 1 week in Singapore after my nephews visit in OZ he will go back to LOS so we deceided to spend a week in Singapore

together since it will be very hard to optain a tourist visa for OZ. Now this will not happen till the end of the year so many rules can change by then.