Yong Lee To Call It A Day

dek_shai_khing

I think everyone knows this fine eating establishment located on the corner of Soi 15.

This place has been running for 80 years, most of them by Yong Lee himself. But it seems an end of an era is looming. His siblings say 'they have no wish to continue the restaurant when Yong Lee falls of his perch.

I will truly miss watching Yong swotting the cockroaches off the walls with his dishcloth whilst i enjoyed supping my Chang aperitif.

A preservation order should be put on this place before Starbucks, or Mc Donalds clamber for its prime location.

That's a prime corner and end of an era alright. I've always wondered when they'd sell out and what would replace it. Wonder who the new tenant is and how much baht?

There's another place right beside the Ruamnchit hotel (more famous for the old Thermae holding up the basement;). Also prime retail space but under used as a simple beerbreak watching post with a few temp tables and used books for sale. There's some construction going on in the back now.

Edit/ also, what's the sellbuy date for the little hardware place opp corner to Robinson I wonder? Great location. But that would eliminate one of the few lower suk options and send us to line up at homepro ploenchit for a simple philips screwdriver or a bit of plumbers teflon etc...

Edited by baht&sold

yes , it will be sad to see it go , along with that hardware shop. its a sign of the times i'm afraid. it cant be stopped.

perhaps subway will open another vomitorium.

mrs. yong lee reminds me of one of those old foul tempered british landlady types from sit coms on the bbc.

to watch and listen to that old b1tch as she yells and shouts at the staff and especially the old waiter guy in there (mr. yong lee i presume) is one of the highlights of eating there.

service with a smile , forget it.

it must also have the dirtiest walls and ceiling in s.e.asia.

her plastered on make up is a sight for sore eyes too.

lots of places like that in chinatown ,... run by fearsomly ugly and bad tempered ladies. dirty walls and good food though.

Edited by taxexile