Reliable White Magic !

aginns

I think if magic was anything more than smoke and mirrors then everyone would have some kind of Hero's type power. I totally, 100%, think it's fake.

40 years ago I got involved for a brief time with a white magic group practising the Cabala (I think) in Wolverhampton. The leader claimed the group was under attack by Crowley and voodoo forces around Wolverhampton. One evening 'she' the leader felt some opposing forces from a caravan parked some way across a field. She asked people to concentrate as it had to be moved. It 'spontaneously' burst into flames some 10 minutes later. A strange story I know and it is open to ridicule here. But it happened and I accept that there may be a logical, sinister or other explanation. The image, however, has stayed with me for 40 years. Shortly after this I left this group and had no more involvement with this stuff.

[

I am always amazed at the violent disbelief of the so-called scientific community - as if science in itself was also a religion. That is not true. Science is based on empirical evidence for one, and understanding. Although, by and large, empirical evidence much more than understanding as our understanding of things is usually a cobbled-together model that just happens to fit the empirical data as far as we can see. It's all Newton's Mechanics - a working model in specific circumstances rather than an absolute truth. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But a true scientist cannot dismiss empirical evidence such as the above. It must be taken seriously. If you seek out white magic, then this monk in Saraphee might be a good starting point. Maybe the word "magic" is a distraction - it needs to be defined as "things we do not understand" rather than "hooey".

Personally, the way in which western medical science has closed itself to eastern teachings is nothing short of mind-boggling. It's more like a strict orthodox church than like a scientific community. Things we don't understand are dismissed as charlatanerie. In part this might be explained by the long tradition of charlatanerie in the west, where ineffective medical practice was sold as the real deal for very long periods of time. It's not an excuse though.

I've only had this experience with Reiki. My wife had back pains and couldn't move, it got very bad; so we went to the university hospital in the middle of the night (this was in Germany, very high standard of medical care). They took an X-Ray. Then a surgeon explained to us that there was liquid coming out somewhere, clearly visible on the X-Ray. However, he said, there's no treatment he could recommend. Back surgery has severe side effects and might make things worse - there is no guarantee it would fix this problem. He was very frank about that. He recommended to lay in bed.

My father knew a Reiki teacher so we went to her the next day; she'd been teaching(!) reiki for over 20 years. first she checked my wife's legs - they were different lengths by just over 1cm. So she pulled one out, and after they were the same length. Then she gave her a 1 hour treatment and told her to avoid chicken in the cold climate. The back pains went away and never came back. This was 6 years ago. And a single treatment!

There are many 'Roads that lead to Rome'

For each of us we must choose our own path and how we wish to travel.

Ultimately the only criteria for success - is does it work. It worked for me. I am not selling any oher philosophy or religion. Only relating my personal experience.

Life is very short, precious and fragile.

Peace and Love,

Be and stay well

Gladiator

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

Hello,

Anybody has a contact for this monk Gladiator was talking about?

Or for any other monk / healer?

I have "strange" health problems and I think somebody like that could help.

I am in Chiang Mai for a few days then I will go on to Kraby then Phuket, then Bangkok

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

What is the colour of belief ? There are caves within 150 Km of CM where you can tie a string to your head and 'transfer energy'. Look for the white robed male monks.  It is all marketing. Of course effective marketing requires 'belief'. You should know that 'the bad monks' have been exiled from Chieng Mai for centuries towards Muang Ngnai . There are villages within 120 km that are historically known as where the 'bad monks' were sent and where EU/Canadian/ US Thai women send money to regularly for 'magic' so their husbands will continue to love them. This is splendid Animism with a Buddhist hint. It takes awhile , but Thais are not Buddhists.....as Westerners believe. Doesn't matter.....still damned interesting. Just as foolish as the jeeebus thing.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2011 at 7:10 PM, Semper said:

Magic is the claimed art of manipulating aspects of reality either by supernatural means or through knowledge of occult laws unknown to science. Be it white or black. ;)

"supernatural power", magic, laws unknown to science..."

Science knows very little about it. It's been ostracized for too long and no "respectable" scientist would touch it.

It is changing lately. Energetically we are all connected to some degree.

Keep your eyes open. This only beginning of science confirming what ancients knew for millennia.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Teak said:

There are caves within 150 Km of CM where you can tie a string to your head and 'transfer energy'. ... bad monks' have been exiled from Chieng Mai for centuries towards Muang Ngnai .

Sources ?

thanks, ~o:37;