Hifi Distributors In Thailand

stgrhe

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic work strghe! Much appreciated. To add to the list:

Adam Audio GmbH distributed by KDM trading, contact David English; www.kdm.co.th

I am pleased that you appreciate the list and it was a massive job that grew and grew the more I dug. KDM Trading and Adam Audio GmbH, as well as other similar companies, were left out because they deal in professional audio equipment, not HiFi meant for home users. Also TVs and projectors were left out for the same reason.

Professional audio is a complete different ball game although studio monitor speakers are over-lapping because of dual use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OMG!!!!!!!! and I never say that normally - this list is mental!!!! all I wanted was a rough idea if i should buy small amp and speakers for home cinema in uk and bring with me in my suitcase and risk all the problems of getting charged import tax, it breaking - or buy in thailand.

thanks for the spreadsheet

• 7 months later...

Thank you very much stgre. Now there are hifi shops in Siam paragon too. But prices are very very expensive when compared to their official website. They even sell some of the products higher than msrp. Stgre I am looking for onkyo recceivers and polk speakers. I want the price to be similar to the ones on amazon or newegg. If not i can pay max 20 Percent more. Can you shed me some light on this stgre?

Center: Polk Audio Monitor CS2 @ $130 each X 1

Surrounds: Polk Audio Monitor 30s @ $120/pair X 2

Front L&R: Polk Audio Monitor 70s @ $200 each X 2

I got these prices from newegg through a link on avsforum but i have never purchased from internet and I am worried about defects, customs and hassle to send back when there is problem. I Badly need advice thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally I would buy in Thailand & save myself massive headaches. Yes the prices are 30% higher but you have a warranty & you don't pay customs duties, shipping costs etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 year later...

Have not down loaded your info by all comments it looks like you did a thorough job. Well done.

So what is your interest in HiFi are you ex sales or electronics person in the electrical game or just a keen Audiophile person like my self

What equipment do you currently own or looking at buying ??

I am currently looking at the 2 items below Compared UK discount prices works out about the same price to purchase local in BKK

If anyone knowns a good shop thats sell either please let me know

Marantz Melody Media model MCR-610

Q Acustics Model - 2020i Book shelf speakers

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/10/2011 at 7:55 PM, stgrhe said:

Well, it is for real but it took me about a year to finish it. The more I dug the more I found.

Hi Stgrhe,

Thank you for the list.  I would like to take you all back to 2012 when I decided to do something for my home in Chiangmai. Although I was working in Bangkok, I made time to visit 5 or 6 of these places on the list.  Many where good, but since I was in the think of paying for international schools etc I wanted to keep my budget under 80-100,000baht.  On a New Years break in Chiangmai I wondered past a shop on the fourth floor of the Central Kadsuan Kaew, the original Central building which appears to be on the wind-down.  In a little shop at the back section towards the bowling alley I came across a shop owned by Mr Sawanwut (Khun Wut).  In his little shop he had many imported Japanese vintage stereos. For those in the know, some of the vintage equipment with well made Japanese transformers are still up there with the best sounds produced today. All be in a personal preference I am sure that many will disagree. Anyway, Mr Wut has Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, Sansui, Accuphase, Dennon.  Because of my budget I thought what a good idea to entertain a listening of something old. I had always loved the sound of my Yamaha R5 bought in 1986.  Anyway, Mr Wut hooked up the 100V transformer to a Sansui AU-alpha777 DG made in 1988.  What I heard was a pure sweet soundstage. The next question was what speakers were they playing from.  As with most real audiophiles of which I am but a learner, we choose only 2 speakers. No need for surround this surround that.  This is the cracker.....  Mr Wut made and sells the speakers himself. The tweeters are made of coconut fibre. The entire tweeter are made of coconut wood outer, and the inner dome is a coconut fibre proceed and set into the domed speaker piece. The sound is soft and warm.  

I went away and looked at another 5 or 6 shops, listened to there best, but time and time again I could not hear that sound stage I wanted.  In the end I returned back to Mr Wut a month later. The Sansui became mine along with a set of his speakers. The whole setup cost me less than 50,000 baht set up with high end cabling on the speakers and between CD drive.  I could not be happier, and as I result I have further bought another vintage Sansui direct from Japan for my Australian home. 

I know that Mr Wut will soon close his Chiangmai shop as his 20 year lease will soon finish, if not already, but I would appreciate you adding him to the list by his direct mobile number:

Mr Sawangwut.  Brands mentioned above, but all Japanese 100V vintage imports @ 0818439953

Happy listening guys.  BTW, the Sansui is also connected to my Samsung 55" TV for amazing sterio movie listening.  Don't think the old stuff can only be for tapes and LP's.  

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/12/2017 at 5:30 AM, Jai Dee said:

Due to upgrades to the Forum software the link to the original list was lost.

I contacted the OP who kindly forwarded a soft copy of the original list (attached below).

It may be a bit dated so if members find errors please advise and we can update the list.

HiFiDistributorsinThailand.xls 978.5 kB · 62 downloads

OMG what a big list. You have really done a great job!! Is it possible to search? I am interested about Audio Net stuff. I understand that there are Chinese stuff that are very good. Is that true? I was thinking if able to find something from China the prices are better. Or is it the same high import taxes from China as well? I heard there are no taxes from them into Thailand. But that is maybe wrong.

14 hours ago, Captor said:

OMG what a big list. You have really done a great job!! Is it possible to search? I am interested about Audio Net stuff. I understand that there are Chinese stuff that are very good. Is that true? I was thinking if able to find something from China the prices are better. Or is it the same high import taxes from China as well? I heard there are no taxes from them into Thailand. But that is maybe wrong.

Audionet has a distributor in Thailand.

http://en.audionet.de/distributors/

For Chinese gear, Cayin seems to get decent reviews.  Prices being “better” is all relative.

7 hours ago, Airalee said:

Audionet has a distributor in Thailand.

http://en.audionet.de/distributors/

For Chinese gear, Cayin seems to get decent reviews.  Prices being “better” is all relative.

Hi, yes I have talked with the distributor in Bangkok but I did not get a straight answer about the Audionet prices in Thailand. I only know that there is huge import tax and that all HiFi (except from China) is very expensive. It would be nice to know the prices because I am considering to bring my old DAC DNA 1 when moving to Thailand. Or maybe I buy the DNA 2 and bring that. Maybe you have any idea about the import taxes fo HiFi and prices for Audionet in particular?

30 minutes ago, Captor said:

Hi, yes I have talked with the distributor in Bangkok but I did not get a straight answer about the Audionet prices in Thailand. I only know that there is huge import tax and that all HiFi (except from China) is very expensive. It would be nice to know the prices because I am considering to bring my old DAC DNA 1 when moving to Thailand. Or maybe I buy the DNA 2 and bring that. Maybe you have any idea about the import taxes fo HiFi and prices for Audionet in particular?

No idea what exactly the import taxes are but the items I have purchased new were all actually less than what I would have paid stateside (PMC & B&W speakers). Amps likewise. Bryston, Sugden...same price as home.  Every so often, there are promotions that make it less expensive than back home.  Facebook marketplace is also a good place to shop second hand gear but you have to be patient.

7 minutes ago, Airalee said:

No idea what exactly the import taxes are but the items I have purchased new were all actually less than what I would have paid stateside (PMC & B&W speakers). Amps likewise. Bryston, Sugden...same price as home.  Every so often, there are promotions that make it less expensive than back home.  Facebook marketplace is also a good place to shop second hand gear but you have to be patient.

Really? That is very good news for me. So then maybe I will not be ruined after all? I have always heard that HiFi is so very expensive. Also I have been in some malls in Bangkok and looked into some HiFi shops many years ago and I remember it was very expensive so I did not even start a discussion with them in the shop I just escaped out quick ????. That time I was not interesting in moving there so no big deal. But now I have decided to move so now it is of interest to know more. PMC I don´t know about but B&W I know and they are also on my wish list. Or maybe Focal. I have JM Lab speakers today which was the companys name before the changed to Focal.

I am also interested in Second hand. How can I search at Facebook marketplace? I have never been in Facebook Marketplace. I mean ever! Is it just going to Thailand Marketplace and then search for audio? Or HiFi? I have tried right now but nothing comes up.

18 minutes ago, Captor said:

Really? That is very good news for me. So then maybe I will not be ruined after all? I have always heard that HiFi is so very expensive. Also I have been in some malls in Bangkok and looked into some HiFi shops many years ago and I remember it was very expensive so I did not even start a discussion with them in the shop I just escaped out quick ????. That time I was not interesting in moving there so no big deal. But now I have decided to move so now it is of interest to know more. PMC I don´t know about but B&W I know and they are also on my wish list. Or maybe Focal. I have JM Lab speakers today which was the companys name before the changed to Focal.

I am also interested in Second hand. How can I search at Facebook marketplace? I have never been in Facebook Marketplace. I mean ever! Is it just going to Thailand Marketplace and then search for audio? Or HiFi? I have tried right now but nothing comes up.

OK, I found out how to search. I did not get so many hits. Maybe I need to write in Thai. Are there other sites for selling/buying HiFi that you know about?

2 hours ago, Captor said:

OK, I found out how to search. I did not get so many hits. Maybe I need to write in Thai. Are there other sites for selling/buying HiFi that you know about?

Facebook is the best.  Kaidee is the only other one but there isn’t much there.  There is a Thai Audio Forum but, as you say, you have to search in Thai and they are all selling on Facebook anyways. There are also a few different second hand stores that have Facebook pages such as HiFi-99 and others that will show as related pages.  The best mall in Bangkok is Fortune Town as there are a number of stores there with many different brands and there are a few other high end stores scattered about Bangkok representing just about every brand you can think of.  If you haven’t shopped around for high end audio gear since Focal was JM Lab, then be prepared for prices that have tripled or quadrupled since that time (2002) and not just in Thailand, but every country.

When searching in the Facebook marketplace, no need to use Thai language.  Just search by brand.  It’s pretty hit or miss and the good stuff goes rather fast.  Unfortunately, there is no Audiogon here.  

17 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Facebook is the best.  Kaidee is the only other one but there isn’t much there.  There is a Thai Audio Forum but, as you say, you have to search in Thai and they are all selling on Facebook anyways. There are also a few different second hand stores that have Facebook pages such as HiFi-99 and others that will show as related pages.  The best mall in Bangkok is Fortune Town as there are a number of stores there with many different brands and there are a few other high end stores scattered about Bangkok representing just about every brand you can think of.  If you haven’t shopped around for high end audio gear since Focal was JM Lab, then be prepared for prices that have tripled or quadrupled since that time (2002) and not just in Thailand, but every country.

When searching in the Facebook marketplace, no need to use Thai language.  Just search by brand.  It’s pretty hit or miss and the good stuff goes rather fast.  Unfortunately, there is no Audiogon here.  

Hi again, O I have shopped around since my loudspeaker change name but just not loudspeakers.

The mall I mentioned before was Paragon or maybe some Central I don´t remember anymore. Fortune I have hear about but never been there. OK, next time in Thailand after the Covid I will for sure go there, thank you very much for that. You seem to know everything to know about this subject do you happens to know if there are some shops in Phuket town as well or is all in Thailand concentrated on Bangkok? I ask because it look like that is a strong candidate for where we will settle down because of the better air quality there compare to all the other bigger cities in Thailand. The air is not very good there too, but better and we do not want to go further south. So if we like it there we will probably stay there. That's why I asking.

Do then I will keep an eye on the Facebook marketing from now on, thank you. If something interesting comes up my wife who lives in Bangkok can buy it for me when I am not there. Also it is good to know some one who is good at repairing as things sometimes must be fixed. So that is also on my list to find.