Photographer Moving To Thailand

rodin

Hello,

I'm an American photographer with a BA in both Photography and Anthropology, and will be moving to Thailand in the beginning of 2006. I would love to be able to find a job in the industry in some way, and have been looking, but nothing seems to come up. Is there any way a farang can find work in the photography industry - either shooting, in production, galleries, etc? I'm getting a little frustrated, and may have to come in to teach just to get my foot in the door. Any advice would be welcome.

I might be wrong but I thought photography was one of the areas you can't get a work permit in ???

There might be ways round it...ask about.

There is an English photographer called Dan White based in Bangkok who knows friends of mine...google and find his site.

He might have some info.

Good luck. And let me know how you get on...I'm a snapper too!!!

:o

Edited by RAZZELL

I can't find Dan White's website address at the moment but he's represented in the UK by Panos.

They might be able to help you get in touch with him.

Thank you for your advice.  Ya, I saw that photography is incompassed in the no work permit area, but, because it is such a broad industry, I'm hoping to find a way around it.  I found his website at danwhite.org, and he has beautiful, soulful images.  With your permission, I'll approach him for some input as well.

Thanks again,

Rodin

:o