Chiang Mai Fishing Park

Impkenai

Does any one know the location of this fishing park or fished there before? How is the catch there and what species are there? Type of bait? Price?

Other than some videos on YouTube, I could not find any other info on Google. The videos are all in Thai, which I do not understand.

BTW, I'm not associated with this park, just a fisherman from outside Thailand trying to find new fishing places in Chiang Mai besides Borsang Fishing Parkl.

Thanks for any info.

Impkenai

I looked at their website and it is a great place to fish. However, the prices are quite stiff. Will check it out. Thks for the tip.

Many of these fisheries aiming for tourists not for expats who like cheaper venue's. I go to the real expensive ones once in a while. But have a cheaper home lake (i fish a couple of times a week) Shadow is my home lake together with Bungsamran (price not so stiff if you have a Thai drivers license).

I might go to IT monster or Gillams when my family is here.

I have never fished in Chaing Mai but must say the venues look great.

I had fished at BSR before and it's a great lake. There are big fishes and even for a beginner, it's like shooting ducks in a bathtub, but it's fun. However, I found out the hard way that for a lone fisherman, it's tough to land a larger size fish. The farang price is still OK with me.

I had also done Sakuna for a couple of times using bait mixed by the staff, with very bad results. Next time (and there'll be a next time at Sakuna) I'll mix my own bait. LOL

Up in Chiang Mai, Borsang Fishing Park is my fav for now. I can do it alone with good success, and don't have to net the fish at all. Just trying to find more location 'cheapo' locations to see what they are like.

Cheers!

I had fished at BSR before and it's a great lake. There are big fishes and even for a beginner, it's like shooting ducks in a bathtub, but it's fun. However, I found out the hard way that for a lone fisherman, it's tough to land a larger size fish. The farang price is still OK with me.

I had also done Sakuna for a couple of times using bait mixed by the staff, with very bad results. Next time (and there'll be a next time at Sakuna) I'll mix my own bait. LOL

Up in Chiang Mai, Borsang Fishing Park is my fav for now. I can do it alone with good success, and don't have to net the fish at all. Just trying to find more location 'cheapo' locations to see what they are like.

Cheers!

Shadow lake can be done el cheapo and people will help you. In bungsamran i always go with a friend but if not the thais will help me.

Would like to try Shadow Lake the next time I'm in BKK. Do you have a phone number or address of this place?

I assume it'll be the various catfish species. Do they have predators too?

No real predators and its a hard lake, i like the challenge. Its only 150 bt a rod.