The New Airport On New Years Eve

bkkjames

I just finished reading a report that Mr T. wants to give 120 million baht to Grammy, Ministry of Communication, TAT etc to promote an new year's bash at the new (yet uncompleted) airport so that CNN and the like can show it like they show the countdowns from world cities such as New York, London, Paris, Sydney etc.

Now is it just me but don't you think its a bit funny to put Suvarhnabumi (dont blame me for my spelling) alongside the Eiffel Tower, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Great Pyramids and so forth.

I can see it now, CNN reporter "And now it's 12 am in Hong Kong with fireworks and celebrations over Disneyland - what a magical site". One hour later the same reporter comes on and says "The people of Thailand welcomed in the new year by setting off millions of baht in fireworks over the construction site of the new su-wanna-poom international airport in Bangkok. Those Thais really know how to usher in the new year!" :o

I think we should open the forum up to alternatives for consideration.

I will start it.

"The Chiang Mai Night Safari" the who's who of owls will be there

"Siam Paragon" it won't be finished yet either

I think we should open the forum up to alternatives for consideration.

I will start it. 

"The Chiang Mai Night Safari" the who's who of owls will be there

"Siam Paragon" it won't be finished yet either

I heard that His Imperial Wiseness is in Kenya trying to get some cheaters and other animals for the Night Safari.

As for Siam Paragon "The Pride of Bangkok" being opened in December for Christmas .... that's like 3 weeks away. Have you seen the mess there. Lucky if it's ready by March.

It's in full view of the Saiam skytrain station. Who are they fooling? :o

Edited by ratcatcher