Fishing Hua Hin

UKJASE

hi guys - we have just moved from bangkok to hua hin, and am looking for some help in finding some places to go fishing in the area. we will be living here for at least 6 months so have plenty of time to explore..... :rolleyes:

so far, i have gathered the following info, by visiting a few places i have spotted by the road, and from looking thro TV

can anyone tell me if they know much about these places, or if they know of any other places to go within an hour or so of hua hin...... as i say i will be here a while and would like to go out and do lots of freshwater fishing

so far my list / notepad research looks like this...........

Lady in fishing shop on Huay Mongkol road says #1 for fishing is the army place just north of hua hin (boutique fishing?) but she says only fishing satday and sunday... so maybe there are 2 spots here as i saw someone fishing on a monday?

also - this looks nice - http://www.fishinginhuahin.com (Green Field) - lad on phone today said 300B for family lake - near banyan golf course

also - there is hua hin fishing lodge - on huamongkol road, then follow road signs..... this was about 500b i think and looked ok

then there is the lagoon south of hua hin..... turn left on main road, signposted koa tao i think. i saw lots of thai ppl fishing here and looked like they were catching a few catfish, but only small. i think free to fish

Boonsong Boport Fishing Park - Hua Hin - cant find any info on this, except for it's location

Also Cha am Fishin park - i heard this was ace

palm tree lagoon - 30 mins south of hua hin - looks good - http://www.siamfishi...treelagoon.html

sorry the list is a bit jumbled, but it started out as just notes for myself, then i thought i could share it on here and ask if anyone else knew of anywhere else, or has fished any of the above??

If i would not know any better seems like your affiliated with them. You bring them up in every thread and try to discredit the bad news about them.

I have talked about them with many of my fellow anglers what happened to me there. Also told them that if they would not have tried stunts like that i would go there again.

They all agree not treating ppl fair is worse then raising prices a bit.

To be fair the lake has potential (nice fish) but is on the small side.

The price is more justified for tourist or occasional visits of expats, for expats its not viable to consider it their home lake and go often (because of the pricing)

Me and the girlfriend had a ride out on the bike to Green Field yesterday for a bit of a reccy, off soi 112, but the road got a little bumpy for the mrs as we got near to the destination tho (she doesnt trust my farang driving skills) so she asked me to turn back....

as we were getting near tho, the area was getting more and more beautiful...... near to the hills, very quiet, lots of lush scenery etc...... going to definitely go back in the next few days and give it a go..... the lad on the phone said 300B for the family lake so it sounds reasonable....... has anyone else fished it? any reports / tips?

made it to Green Field, off soi 112 on Sunday for a look. The 2 ponds look great..... the upper pond has smaller fish in it (one lady told me to 3kg, another lady later told me to 10kg) and looks really nice to fish. No one was fishing it when i was there, and the price is 300B.

the lower pond is bigger and has some real big arupaina and alligator gar in etc. 2 guys were fishing here, and he showed me a couple of photos of some 10kg+ beautifully conditioned, red tail catfish he had caught earlier in the day. they were fishing dead bait, and had a couple of good bites whilst we were watching.

The place looks awesome, but the catch is it is 5,500 B for a days fishing (you wouldnt want to nod off in your chair if you were paying that sort of cash!!)

So we ended up going to the Boutique Fishing spot just north of hua hin on the southbound side of the road. Ate some good food in the restaurant at cheap prices, and had a fish, plus bait for only 50B, but didnt catch anything. A couple of locals were fishing on bamboo canes and pulling in little (2 oz) silver fish..... nice looking pond...... will have to go back again

made it to Green Field, off soi 112 on Sunday for a look. The 2 ponds look great..... the upper pond has smaller fish in it (one lady told me to 3kg, another lady later told me to 10kg) and looks really nice to fish. No one was fishing it when i was there, and the price is 300B.

the lower pond is bigger and has some real big arupaina and alligator gar in etc. 2 guys were fishing here, and he showed me a couple of photos of some 10kg+ beautifully conditioned, red tail catfish he had caught earlier in the day. they were fishing dead bait, and had a couple of good bites whilst we were watching.

The place looks awesome, but the catch is it is 5,500 B for a days fishing (you wouldnt want to nod off in your chair if you were paying that sort of cash!!)

So we ended up going to the Boutique Fishing spot just north of hua hin on the southbound side of the road. Ate some good food in the restaurant at cheap prices, and had a fish, plus bait for only 50B, but didnt catch anything. A couple of locals were fishing on bamboo canes and pulling in little (2 oz) silver fish..... nice looking pond...... will have to go back again

Cha Am is a great lake, the owners are very nice people and the price for fishing(I have not been for a long time, was 200 bht per rod, buy their bait which again is very reasonable, their are huge Mekong and Phraya catfish mixed in with lots of smaller stuff, I love the place and hoping to go back soon, obviously BSR is the place to go for non stop action but I have always had non stop action at Cha Am, give it a try I am sure you will not be disappointed, some people get annoyed when this place is advertised because they think it will no longer be their special place which of course is rubbish, it is at least 200 kms from Bangkok which means Cha Am will never be over run!!!