"O" Ring Seals

PETERTHEEATER

I have a leaking mixer tap (faucet) MODONA brand. It is (was) leaking from the base of the swan neck which has two 'O' ring seals located in grooves; quite usual since this allows the swan neck to be swivelled across a double sink unit.

I went to HomePro where the tap was purchased a couple of years ago and asked for spares. The staff said that the store does not stock spares and that they are unavailable. I queried with several different staffers who concluded that I would have to buy a new unit at 3500 Baht! I have since e-mailed MODONA in Bangkok but as yet no response.

These are commonly used on plumbing connections and appliance manufacturers would design their products to use standard sizes readily available and not special to type.

I have tried a few shops here and there without luck and wonder if anyone can give me a pointer to where I might find new seals?

There is a shop on the Pala U Road that sells O-rings. Pass the railway crossing with the round-about, turn right, continue left at the bend where the canal road starts, pass the large school on the left hand side and continue a few hundred meters. There is a hardware store on the right hand side that sell, among others, blue water pipe. I have bought O-rings there before.