Nana Plaza And Bible Thumpers

britmaveric

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Bible reading Christian I'd like to add my thoughts.  I dislike this type of preaching (although I have not witnessed this particular scene so I'm going on the info in the post)  However, my comments are the same.  The message of the Christian gospel is not one of Damnation but one of Salvation!  And no where in their bibles does it tell them to spread this message in this way, it's their own choice - if they weren't Christian fundamentalists they would be some other sort of fundamentalist!

Didn't Jesus say that you shouldn't put your lamp under a bushel but you should set it up on a stand so that it would shed light to everyone?

It's true that Jesus did say in 3 of the Gospels that we should not put our candle under a bushel, here's the quote from Matthew 5.15-16

"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

I think the key words here are 'good works' we should be doing our good works to glorify God. I could never interpret this as bible bashing. In my experience bible bashers who preach hellfire and damnation have a negative effect whereas the quotes containing the 'letting your light shine' are all positive. This is how I interpret the Gospel message.

Very nicely put!

s say that you shouldn't put your lamp under a bushel but you should set it up on a stand so that it would shed light to everyone?

Umm I think that means the way you live your life day to day... Not going out and making an idiot of your self..

I think that the operative priciple here is what the bible thumpers think it means, not what you think it means.

s say that you shouldn't put your lamp under a bushel but you should set it up on a stand so that it would shed light to everyone?

Umm I think that means the way you live your life day to day... Not going out and making an idiot of your self..

I think that the operative priciple here is what the bible thumpers think it means, not what you think it means.

They think! :o