American Breakfast

hong

Where do you go for an American Breakfast in CM? Those that are about 60 to 80 baht per pax? I heard there is many American Breakfast Buffet in CM? Any good recomendation?  :D

Sorry Hong, no buffets at any of the bars/restaurants that I know of, and 60-80 baht won't get you much either, just the basics.

If you want a full buffet American breakfast, any of the major hotels cater for this, but be prepared to pay for it :o

I usually go to the Fish and Chip shop opposite the Irish Pub. It opens about 7:30 am.

Cheap and cheerful.

Place near me on the river, Pun Pun Guest House sells a very good American Breakfast for 79 Baht. The owner has been threatening to increase the price but its been that price for 5 years now. Has a thing that I usually get called a Superman Breakfast, 3 eggs, French Bread Toast, OJ, Coffee, 2 breakfast meats, choosing from Bacon,Ham, or Sausage, along with homefries done with peppers and onions. 110 Baht..... Has a good smoked sausage patty too... They open usually before 7am.. That early you may have to put up with some of the church crowd though.

Place near me on the river, Pun Pun Guest House sells a very good American Breakfast for 79 Baht. The owner has been threatening to increase the price but its been that price for 5 years now. Has a thing that I usually get called a Superman Breakfast, 3 eggs, French Bread Toast, OJ, Coffee, 2 breakfast meats, choosing from Bacon,Ham, or Sausage, along with homefries done with peppers and onions. 110 Baht..... Has a good smoked sausage patty too... They open usually before 7am.. That early you may have to put up with some of the church crowd though.

There is quite a few Guest House in CM that provide with American B'fast, which have their own unique taste. I olso heard that there is cheap buffet around too. :o

I had an American breakfast across the street from the Prince Hotel recently.  It included pork and beans and fried tomatoes-WRONG, but good :o

Sounds part way towards a real breakfast. Nobody knows how to arrange a proper morning breaking of the fast like the British. Have stayed in a private house where the standard breakfast fayre, when they had guests, included such delicasies as the normal cereals and porrige with salt or sugar. Eggs, boiled, scrambled, poached, omelette or as you prefer, Kippers or poached smoked Haddock, deviled kidneys, calves liver grilled or fried, minute steaks, bacon, sausages in various varieties, black pudding, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, potatoes boiled fried mashed or as bubble & squeak. HAssorted hams, cheeses and fresh or dried fruits. Assorted breads etc. with choice of estate teas and coffees by pot or cup and various juices, Bloody Mary, Pimms 1, 4 or 6 Cup, Claret, Bucks Fizz or straight Champagne.

Now, that is a breakfast spread. Something, I'm afraid, the ex-colonials lack sufficient couth to appreciate. I avoid this horrible concoction, the "American Breakfast" like the plague.

MMMmmmmemories.

Now, that is a breakfast spread. Something, I'm afraid, the ex-colonials lack sufficient couth to appreciate. I avoid this horrible concoction, the "American Breakfast" like the plague.

MMMmmmmemories.

P1P !!!! You old enough to remember the plague ?????? WOW.....and still has his memory

:o

PS and whats this I ain't got no couth, sh*t ?????

I had an American breakfast across the street from the Prince Hotel recently.  It included pork and beans and fried tomatoes-WRONG, but good :o

Sounds part way towards a real breakfast. Nobody knows how to arrange a proper morning breaking of the fast like the British. Have stayed in a private house where the standard breakfast fayre, when they had guests, included such delicasies as the normal cereals and porrige with salt or sugar. Eggs, boiled, scrambled, poached, omelette or as you prefer, Kippers or poached smoked Haddock, deviled kidneys, calves liver grilled or fried, minute steaks, bacon, sausages in various varieties, black pudding, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, potatoes boiled fried mashed or as bubble & squeak. HAssorted hams, cheeses and fresh or dried fruits. Assorted breads etc. with choice of estate teas and coffees by pot or cup and various juices, Bloody Mary, Pimms 1, 4 or 6 Cup, Claret, Bucks Fizz or straight Champagne.

MMMmmmmemories.

Your making me sick ! :D

There is quite a few Guest House in CM that provide with American B'fast, which have their own unique taste. I olso heard that there is cheap buffet around too. :o

Hey could you narrow this one down a little for me "near the river" it sounds great and dirt cheap!

I went to the Imperial rip off and for 3 of us it was right around 1600 baht <deleted> rip off....

P1P  !!!!    You old enough to remember the plague ??????    WOW.....and still has his memory

:o

PS  and whats this I ain't got no couth, sh*t  ?????

Sorry Mate, no offense. You're probably the exception that proves the general rule. Couth is hard to find on either side of the pond these days anyway.

As regards my age, been known to use a Zimmer, but the old geezer fell down when chasing me.

Felt bad about that...

Last time I faced such a breakfast spread was barely twenty years ago, although I have presented some since then, but in a catering environ.

One classic dish I forgot to mention was Kedgeree. Now this is something I miss. Never found a supply of smoked Haddock to be able to make it here. If anybody knows a supplier, I would be very grateful for a pointer.

Tried smoking my own local fish in various varieties, but the flavour is nowhere near the same.

You need juniper bushes to get the right flavour on smoked fish.

Have a couple of kilos of Juniper berries, which I use in the brine, but reproducing the flavour of good Oak smoke and the texture and flavour of haddock is proving impossible.

Otherwise, my smoked Macarel, Kapong and Samlee are proving popular.

Hey could you narrow this one down a little for me "near the river" it sounds great and dirt cheap!

I went to the Imperial rip off and for 3 of us it was right around 1600 baht <deleted> rip off....

East side of the river, north of the Rimping Condo and on same side, just before you get to the next bridge, [Rama IX]. Next door to the no name condo with all the roofs. [Embassy Condo][Rimping Paradise] those are some of the names but no sign of any sort around.

Anyhow there is a new Pun Pun GH Sign up now.

Hurry though . Talked to the crotchety gimpy owner and he said is working on the new menus finally :o