Id This Little Sail-Boat

jaapfries

I recently purchased a little sail-boat, also referred to as a "Pocket-Yacht". This boat is approx.5.30 m L.O.A. with a beam of 1.85 m. It was imported (years ago) from Australia. The boat has a Steel-Retractable 'Swing-Keel'. Sofar, this is what I know about it.

I have started the arduous process of restoring her from the bottom up and really look forward to the day I can take her out for her new 'maiden-sail'.

Any help as to her origins would be highly appreciated.

post-10410-0-64513800-1318120178_thumb.j

This could be a great boat,wonder how it got to Thailand as the size is quite small to sail it from Aussie to thai ? If you ever want to sell it let me know, that's a great boat.

Looks like a Sonata 6 to me.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes; having been around sail-boats all my life (I sailed 'solo' before I turned 5 ! - my Dad forced me !?!) I can tell you that whoever designed this boat, made it his first & foremost priority to build a boat that would sail well. In other words; judging by the ratio LOA <> Beam, this boat would sail well within 20 degrees to the wind - and should be quiet a little mover.

With regards to how this boat got here from OZ; I reckon the previous owner shipped it here in a Container.

Cheers,

JaapFries

This could be a great boat,wonder how it got to Thailand as the size is quite small to sail it from Aussie to thai ? If you ever want to sell it let me know, that's a great boat.

Looks like a Sonata 6 to me.

Thanks for the input; but even-though there are some similarities; this ain't no Sonata-6. I'll keep on searching.

It looks a great little diversion.. I personally enjoy 'wet' sailing and dinghy sailing (large dighys, as a big lump lasers are a bit tight for me) or small cat sailing even more than real day sailers or other water craft.

I am curious where you intend to sail this ?? The couple of dams I have seen all seem to be within steep hillsides.

It looks a great little diversion.. I personally enjoy 'wet' sailing and dinghy sailing (large dighys, as a big lump lasers are a bit tight for me) or small cat sailing even more than real day sailers or other water craft.

I am curious where you intend to sail this ?? The couple of dams I have seen all seem to be within steep hillsides.

Hi there sailor,

Maybe you have the miss-conception that I live in CM or CR. The truth is;I live in Jomtien (have for the past 19.5 yrs.) and so I will obviously be sailing this little ship in the Gulf-of-Siam.

There are heaps of small Islands around here,so it should be fun.

I am also a Laser sailor and back in Holland,I used to sail anything from Tjotters (Frysian Flat-Bottom) to FJ's and FD's.

Have a look at the Tjotter pic.

post-10410-0-23874700-1318303231_thumb.j

Hi there sailor,

Maybe you have the miss-conception that I live in CM or CR. The truth is;I live in Jomtien (have for the past 19.5 yrs.) and so I will obviously be sailing this little ship in the Gulf-of-Siam.

I am also a Laser sailor and back in Holland,I used to sail anything from Tjotters (Frysian Flat-Bottom) to FJ's and FD's.

As a matter of interest why did you post on the Cm thread ;)

Hi there sailor,

First time I have had a 'hello sailor' in a while ;)

Yes totally miss understood, thought this was local..

Enjoy using it, looks like a lot of fun for the sea you have and I would guess not a massive cost to be on the water (yachts being holes in the ocean to pour money in ;))

Hi there sailor,

As a matter of interest why did you post on the Cm thread ;)

Ha,ha, ha:I had NO idea that I was doing that: I may be a reasonable sailor, but I am very 'vague' when it comes to web-matters . . . . .

Thank you for 're-configuring' my compass !

Cheers