Grid References For Bangkok

Khun Bob

Hi - does anyone know a good source for grid refences for the bangkok and greater bangkok area ? Also do you know what system is used ?

I have had a look at a few maps and it appears that there is no system on their to uniquely reference a specific place to say within 10 meters.

I have recently bought the thinknet bangkok map and there doesnt seem to be any grid reference system on there. Also I am in touch with the publishers and they dont seem to be responding to this query as quick (as in no response) as when i asked where i can buy !

Cheers

I like the ThinkNet MapMagic software map of Bangkok. I use it all the time. It does display longitude and latitude to 5 signifcant digits, and does offer accurate distance measuring. You can search by lon/lat. Google Earth is OK but not what I would call useful as a map for Bangkok?

p.s. I am talking about the ThinkNet MapMagic software CD which comes with a large paper map for 199 baht. The software displays lon/lat. the paper map doesn't have any grid lines, at least mine doesn't.

Edited by lomatopo

Thanks lomatopo - you sould work for thinknet as their support is apalling even for the question i have asked above - 2 emails and 5 days later nothing - TV - response within 1 hour !

Perhaps it is my fault as i havent iknstalled the sw yet and like yourself my paper map doesnt have any grid lines which made me beleive the software may be the same.

Thanks for your help...

I'll have a look at google earth - actually i havent used the thinknet cd yet - just wondered if you wanted to expand a bit on why you are dissapointed with it ?

I bought the 2006 version (299bt) and it doesn't even list Khao Lak, unlike the 2003 version.

I haven't figured out if it works as a street map of BKK yet.

Best scale I can get is 1:50,000

Best paper map with a comprehensive index in English & grid refs, is the "A 2 Z Bangkok Map" by Bangkok Guide ISBN : 9748352456 for only 100 bt.

The isbn number refers to the 1st edition, maybe there is a 2nd by now as a search on google drew a blank!

The same mob do an excellent bus route map.....

Enjoy ! :o

Hi - does anyone know a good source for grid refences for the bangkok and greater bangkok area ?  Also do you know what system is used ?

I have had a look at a few maps and it appears that there is no system on their to uniquely reference a specific place to say within 10 meters.

I have recently bought the thinknet bangkok map and there doesnt seem to be any grid reference system on there.  Also I am in touch with the publishers and they dont seem to be responding to this query as quick (as in no response) as when i asked where i can buy !

Cheers

Do you have some special project in mind or is this just out of interest?

Best paper map with a comprehensive index in English & grid refs, is the "A 2 Z Bangkok Map" by Bangkok Guide ISBN : 9748352456 for only 100 bt.

The isbn number refers to the 1st edition, maybe there is a 2nd by now as a search on google drew a blank!

The same mob do an excellent bus route map.....

Enjoy !  :o

Agree, the Bus Route and Map by Bangkok Guide is excellent. It does have it's own reference grid. A deal at 50 baht!

Just to clarify I am using the 2004/2005 ThinkNet MapMagic Bangkok software, which cost 199 baht. It only covers Bangkok.

http://www.thinknet.co.th/product.asp

Hi - some great posts here... thanks all of you..

I'll checkout the bkk a2z at a local book store.

I'm a bit surprised there is a 2006 version of the think net map/software package - on the website and in email comms with them they didnt mention it.

Hi - some great posts here... thanks all of you..

I'll checkout the bkk a2z at a local book store.

I'm a bit surprised there is a 2006 version of the think net map/software package - on the website and in email comms with them they didnt mention it.

For some maps they have 2005/6 editions, for others 2004/5 editions...

Road Map of Thailand 2005-2006

Chonburi+Rayong 2005-2006

Phuket 2005-2006

Bangkok 2004-2005

Nakhon Nayok 2004-2005