Nakhon Sawan Flooded Today At 1015Am

nong38

The river burst through the defences near the Kosi Road market at 1015am today. Water covers a significant area all the way round to Wat Si Neah neading north riverside and way past Fairyland in the other direction. Big C junction on the Asia Highway appears to be unaffected. Along Sawanvittee 64 it is not possible to get too far out of town off the 3005, Depalm 1 has had a dam built today and the entrance to Deplam 2 has a concrete wall being built right now. Water levels on adjacent roads to the ones mentioned is also closing or enveloping them more each day. This may be obvious to some but I thought I should tell you what I see.:angry:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big C has water around it today 12th. Tried to get down the 3005, got to the PTT fuel station and had to turn back. Fuel station closed. 7-11's are almost empty- controlled panic buying, people are buying anything they can, probably a lot of stuff they would not normally be buying. There was a storm at 5am for about 45mins now the barometer is high, the sun is out and hopefully things will settle down. Saw the river from a distance near the market on the 3005, it not look like it was about to come over. Keep safe all of you.

I need to get back to Phayuha (nakhon sawan) Wednesday next week

Can anyone in the area tell me what chances of the buses running from Bkk to nakhon sawan ?

I can see how how bad the area is but my Thai boss just says "Its ok can come"

Can i have a western idea of a timeline for the roads and towns toopen please

I need to get back to Phayuha (nakhon sawan) Wednesday next week

Can anyone in the area tell me what chances of the buses running from Bkk to nakhon sawan ?

I can see how how bad the area is but my Thai boss just says "Its ok can come"

Can i have a western idea of a timeline for the roads and towns toopen please

I understand that buses are running but maybe not over the usual route, min buses from NS to Bangkok usually between 140-170 single are now reported as asking 200 as they are having a much longer journey. Hope that is of use to you. My nextdoor neighbour has to get to Bangkok for a flight to Kuwait, if he goes to Pitsanoluk and flies I will tell you and you will know its not good news. Water north of NS is reported to be lower by a local policeman who works that area.

Water up slightly today on my usual bike ride, had to return earlier than usual.

The 3 7-11 shops along the 3005 are almost impossible to get to, the carriageways are under water, passable with a high truck but not on my bike! Shelves are as good as bare anyway unless you want beer, still some left. Water coming alll the way up Sawanvittee 67 from the river to 3005, boats visible. If you were thinking of going to Ban Esaan or jar moo chum you might be disappointed, Jar Moo Chum being further west is higher and more likely to be open, the water there is not as high.

My barometer is begining to rise again now ( naturally goes down from 900-1500hrs and from then 2100 should rise, the natural rise and fall should be 3) but no precipitation is showing on the display, so some good news.

15th Oct. Went out on the bike today and managed to get further than yesterday, I reckon from looking at where the water has been and now ( damp but now no water ) that the level has come down in my area by about 2". I also went down Sawanvittee 64 as far as I could towards 3005 road, I got within about 100 yds, from what I could see as motorbike ploughed through the depth looked to be 6-9 inches, 3005 is still underwater but passable, it appears, will go and look further west soon. Baormeter reading at 830am was 1004.1 it then went up to 1005 but is now coming down as expected and at 1500 should be 1001 if everything is as expected. Sun and cloud,but looks like no rain again, at the moment.

I am due for a 90 day report in Nakhon Sawan on the 23rd Oct and I will come from Klong Lan and then either Pang Silathong to the route 1 or down the 1072 an across to Salok Bat and then down to NakWan.

Do you know if the Immigration department is accessible?

I am due for a 90 day report in Nakhon Sawan on the 23rd Oct and I will come from Klong Lan and then either Pang Silathong to the route 1 or down the 1072 an across to Salok Bat and then down to NakWan.

My guess is thaat today its underwater, but water is going down slowly. I am in Nakhon Sawan Toc and since yesterday three new dams, 2 on my estate and one near the 7-11 on the 3005. Would you belive it they are stock taking today :o . The water on the 3005 looks less that yesterday and is passable with care in that area but both carriageways are full of water to at least the traffic lights heading into town, lots of short measure high price fuel in bottles about. 1/2 litre of 91 prices range from 30-50 bts.

My guess is thaat today its underwater, but water is going down slowly. I am in Nakhon Sawan Toc and since yesterday three new dams, 2 on my estate and one near the 7-11 on the 3005. Would you belive it they are stock taking today :o . The water on the 3005 looks less that yesterday and is passable with care in that area but both carriageways are full of water to at least the traffic lights heading into town, lots of short measure high price fuel in bottles about. 1/2 litre of 91 prices range from 30-50 bts.

That is today, I would call them 21st and ask what the situation is, maybe they will be happy to give you a few days grace under the circumstances. If they are not able to get to work, try the police station, if someone can ask for a senior officer and get a quote and his name/number for when you go, eventually. Dont worry til Trafalgar Day!

That is today, I would call them 21st and ask what the situation is, maybe they will be happy to give you a few days grace under the circumstances. If they are not able to get to work, try the police station, if someone can ask for a senior officer and get a quote and his name/number for when you go, eventually. Dont worry til Trafalgar Day!

Thanks for the update.

I have another 7 days after that I can get there in and I can always say that it was due to the weather and floods.

I had to look up Trafalgar day on Google.

I am an ex crabfat and it was a little before mt service time though I do remember when Pontious Pilate was a sprog u/t.

15th at 1800hrs have been by motorbike to the middle 7-11 corner of 3005 and Sawanvitte 64, Ban Essan is open and water is going down although still in both carriageways. Most water is going into 64 then draining off to the left. Depth in this area is about 6". There is a crossroads just down from Ban Essan with traffic lights/ It is not possible to go straight over to the Tak Road unless you have a lorry type vehicle. Barometer at 1002 and it looks like another dry night. Barometer at 1500 hrs was 1000.9. Off to bed ( after the football !)

We had some rain last night but disappearing fast and the water level has still gone down a bit. We have cloud at the moment and 28C. In Nakhon Sawan today reports that water and electricity restored. More excavators arriving in Nakhon Sawan Toc to deal with water run off from Sawanvittee 64 at the Deplam end. Barometer went up from 1004.9mb to 1006.5mb between 700 and 930 am.

Had several showers today rather deluges, but water continues to go down a litle more. For the first time some water in the depalm estate but a drainage chanel has been opened to take excess water away to lake between the estate and road 3005. Unable to get 7-11 and road 3005 today as the relief channel has cut across a road and the temporary bridge is not yet in. Al in all good measures, water going down. Barometer now at 1002.6 begining to move up, but looks like dark skies and more showers heading this way.

We had a lot of rain last night, not heavy but over a long period so every where pretty wet and standing water. Surprisingly on my bike ride this morning the water has gone down again, road that were under water yesterday pm are now 1/2 dry. The channel to take the surplus water away from the Depalm estates is still flowing a rate of knots, just like last night, 2 concrete poles have been placed across but it is not in use so cannot get to 7-11 to see the position there, will try again later. Although it is now grey, cool and feels like there is moisture around the barometer is at the highest for ages and going up when it should be coming down at this time of day- 1007.8.

A friend has gone to Bangkok today, I have asked if he can tell me what conditions are like going towards Big C and on, so will see if I get a call, if I do then maybe get an idea what is happening re Immigration.

We had a lot of rain last night, not heavy but over a long period so every where pretty wet and standing water. Surprisingly on my bike ride this morning the water has gone down again, road that were under water yesterday pm are now 1/2 dry. The channel to take the surplus water away from the Depalm estates is still flowing a rate of knots, just like last night, 2 concrete poles have been placed across but it is not in use so cannot get to 7-11 to see the position there, will try again later. Although it is now grey, cool and feels like there is moisture around the barometer is at the highest for ages and going up when it should be coming down at this time of day- 1007.8.

A friend has gone to Bangkok today, I have asked if he can tell me what conditions are like going towards Big C and on, so will see if I get a call, if I do then maybe get an idea what is happening re Immigration.

My school tells me that immigration has moved to the labor office in Nakhonsawan on the road to the railway station

Hope this helps

You could find the nearest immigration office to Nakhon Sawan (i.e. another town) and make your 90 day report there. Then when things are back to normal but asap go to the immigration office in Nakhon Sawan and show them you made your 90 day report in another town.

I did this when I was in Phuket. Then went to my local immigration office when I returned and showed them I had made the 90 day report. There was no problem. As suggested you could phone your local office and ask them if you can do this when the floods are gone. but sods law says you will probably get fined anyway.

My school tells me that immigration has moved to the labor office in Nakhonsawan on the road to the railway station

Hope this helps

Got the information from wayned the tel number is 083-485-4833, hope that helps you too!

Dont forget Trafalgar Day, the Navy good be in town!

Hope this helps

Got the information from wayned the tel number is 083-485-4833, hope that helps you too!

Thanks guys

The next nearest to me is Mae Sot but I still have a few days to go yet.

On Saturday night up here we had a tremendous thunderstorm and heavy rain all night.

The route 1117 from my place back to Klong Lan was flooded just as you get to Klong Lan though I got through with my 4x4 pickup OK and there wasn't much water in the village.

Ah, the RN, rum, bum and baccy boys whuch is why the RAF walk like crabs when the RN is in town.

I have a bottle of Pussers Rum from NZ in my cupboard.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys

The next nearest to me is Mae Sot but I still have a few days to go yet.

On Saturday night up here we had a tremendous thunderstorm and heavy rain all night.

The route 1117 from my place back to Klong Lan was flooded just as you get to Klong Lan though I got through with my 4x4 pickup OK and there wasn't much water in the village.

Ah, the RN, rum, bum and baccy boys whuch is why the RAF walk like crabs when the RN is in town.

I have a bottle of Pussers Rum from NZ in my cupboard.

Pussers the original tot, you are in luck, best rum you can get £25 a bottle last time I saw it UK!

The White Ensign will flying in Nkahon Sawan on friday ( much to the astonishment of the locals!)

It been a typical British weather day to day, cloudy and showers, but, on my afternoon ride around the water level has gone down a little more. The 3005 is passable at least at the eastern end around the market, Sawanvittee 64 for 100 yds off the 3005 is knee deep. Unable to get to 7-11. The drainage of water through Depalm continues at a rate and a small bridge over the torrent is being constructed today, so maybe tomorrow I will be able to see further up the 3005 to the west, at the moment its a mud bath leading up to the temporary structure.

Fter what appears to have been another dry night, the water levels continue to decline, have been able to get another 300 yards down one road and 50 down another. Road 3005 has plenty of traffic, although the last part of the Sawanvitte 64 where it joins the 3005 is still about 12 inches deep by the look of it. The east side of Depalm is still draining like a torrent but the temporary bridge is now in place for motorbikes and on foot so I got to the 7-11 that is the furthest west, a lot less water in the road, some dry patches, if they can get supplies Baan Esaan and Jar moo chum (Policeman 3) should be open for trade.

Usual orange and white buses not running but higher lorries and tractor drawn trailers seem be operating a fair service into town, maybe as far as Big C, according to TV today the water levels in that area seem to have fallen well.

I dont know if anyone is aware of this but NBT channel has an English update "Bangkok Post Morning Focus" at about 740/745am so I find that useful.

Barometer stands at 1009.4 mb

No rain today, water down a little more. Road 3005 ok by pick up truck or larger, motorbike if you fancy your chances. From 3005 via Police station to Big C only possible with pick up or larger wheeled transport, not motorbike.