Nakhon Sawan Flooded Today At 1015Am

nong38

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My missus flies back into Thailand in a couple of days and has to get a bus from swampy to Chainat.

Any problems envisaged?

Any info much appreciated.

From what I understand the local mini buses from Nakhon Sawan which run to Democracy Monument ( and the mini bus station just south ) are or appear to be running as normal but may be taking a differnt route in between ( Don Mueang does not look good ) but that can all change daily and you have to get from BKK to Democracy Monument or to Morchit. It might be better for you arrange for a 4x4 to go directly to BKK for the pick up, I would explore that if I were you, costs more but as a one off you should consider it to be on the safe side.

Maybe you know someone who can provide the service? I pay 3000bts for a pick up to Nakhon Sawan.

The G/F has been up the route 1 today to the lower reaches of Kampheang Phet and reports seeing no flooding, not much new to tell here. Tomorrow I will go to Nakhon Sawan so will be able to tell you the latest position.

Thanks for all the info so far regarding the bus trip from BKK to Chainat.

Seems the water is starting at the terminal in BKK so will check in tomorrow if anyone has any updates.

Apparently if it reaches a certain height the terminal will be re located so any news tomorrow will be greatly appreciated.

She is being stubborn and doesnt want to catch private transport so bus it is.

Seems the water is starting at the terminal in BKK so will check in tomorrow if anyone has any updates.

Apparently if it reaches a certain height the terminal will be re located so any news tomorrow will be greatly appreciated.

Well it might be a boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tray and make her see sense, roll up with the transport and tell her to get in and .... " I LOVE YOU TOO":)

Well it might be a boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tray and make her see sense, roll up with the transport and tell her to get in and .... " I LOVE YOU TOO":)

I'm stuck in oz unfortunately so totally her call.She's going back home after 6 months here so for her its no big deal whereas i'm stressing whilst she's laughing at me. lol

I'm stuck in oz unfortunately so totally her call.She's going back home after 6 months here so for her its no big deal whereas i'm stressing whilst she's laughing at me. lol

Well I just see buses driving around Bangkok in water, so play it by ear and good luck to the both of you.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Nakhon Sawan bypass is open or is it still a crawl through the town centre to head north?

Thanks.

Last night on my way back from Pattaya to Chiang Mai I was surprised to see all the signs down and the bipass opened.

So I drove that way. The road is in very bad shape, areas washed out with no warning and still I found myself in water 60cm deep at times. much of it, about 3 or 4 km work is still under 10 - 30 cm water.

My advice is to stay clear for months unitl it is dry and fixed. I have to go that route monthly and will no be going that way

Just come through the B/pass about 9/30pm. Yes still a bit crappy road wise but my taxi had no problem's. So if you need to use go ahead load's of car's lorry's using it in both directions. N/B 50% single file.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Nakhon Sawan bypass is open or is it still a crawl through the town centre to head north?

Thanks.

Last night on my way back from Pattaya to Chiang Mai I was surprised to see all the signs down and the bipass opened.

So I drove that way. The road is in very bad shape, areas washed out with no warning and still I found myself in water 60cm deep at times. much of it, about 3 or 4 km work is still under 10 - 30 cm water.

My advice is to stay clear for months unitl it is dry and fixed. I have to go that route monthly and will no be going that way

Just come through the B/pass about 9/30pm. Yes still a bit crappy road wise but my taxi had no problem's. So if you need to use go ahead load's of car's lorry's using it in both directions. N/B 50% single file.

What is the water position, sounds as if a taxi can get through that it might clear or shallow?

Dont know the answer to Exeter's question, sorry.

Have been into town today. From Big C heading up Sawavittee the road is pretty clean but the further you go the more needs to be done, Kosi Road still has a lot of mud dried into the surface and more rubbish in evidence here esp the further east you go. The smaller roads have piles of rubbish still to be cleared.

I walked down to the riverside at the back of Bank Ayudyha the wall is about 9' high, from the top my estimate is that the river is still 3' above ground level.

All the banks appear to be open for business apart from Kasikorn in the Kosi Road area, they look to be having a full refit and are not open. The tide mark down the side of SCB is about 6'.

The shops in the area, maybe 30% open. The market the same 30% open but prices very high. Fish, meat, veg all available, but right now its a lot cheaper at the other market on the way to Krok Phra near the 3005. Not much business about.

Went into Vittheethep, stocks low but the fridges are working and being cleaned so maybe next week they will have some products in there.

Thats about it for now.

Good evening, this afternoon we have been back up to town, my g/f was unable to get a date from Vitteethep about when the fridges might be in action with products, from there we went up Atakavee, huge piles of rubbish on both sides of the road all he way down apart from near the hospitals. We went to Mistine, the ladys shop!:blink: Well it has had its problems but its shelves are full, less a lot of the prices, but ladys will not be dissappointed its business as usual, then we joined Matulee road where the temporary market flanks the road near the municipality/buddha hill, the smell is what I would describe as ripe.

We were heading for a seafood restaurant on the cut through road between route 1 (Tak) and the 1182 (Banphot Phisai) This road is in awful condition esp at the 1182 end and is prime example of something is very wrong here. Both sides of the road are obviously wetlands, yet some one continues to fill in, level and build, anyone who buys here is asking for trouble, I rejected in10 months ago, yet they continue and the new build along the road are 3m bts! Now if you like to view fly tipping this is the road for you, I have never seen such a collection and it comes in several forms, dry, smouldering or on fire, with plastic or with expanded polystyrene. Be awhile before we go back even the restaurant was good (May sea food I think ).

This morning I have been down Sawanvittee 64 to the by pass, 1km south and come back by the health centre.

Sawanvittee 64 is having somw quick patching up on the surface, I think they have been told to see what you can do by 1200! It better in parts, lots of holes they have missed, as flat as a cricket bat springs to mind ;) .

On my travel south down the 122 by pass, southbound carriageway only in use but all sorts of traffic in both directions, mostly the standard of driving was pretty awful, container lorries overtaking each other with cars hiding up the back of the lorries and this coming towards me on the hard shoulder! If anyone is using this road take care.

This afternoon we are going to town again and tomorrow I will try and get down one of the sois that link the 64 to 3005.

There has been no change in the rubbish situation in town that I can see and there is becoming a little bit of a whiff in the air. If this is not dealt with soon there might be health risk, same with all the fly tipping that has gone on, there might have to be a big bonfire somewhere to sort this out.It is a worry that there is no apparent rush to clear up.

This afternoon we went to Makro on 225 route. Not to bad here, stocks on the shelf pretty good. Bread was low, fridges almost empty but it looked a better stock position than Big C has been able to produce.

The walls and dams around Depalm have now all come down.

TMB Bank in Sawanvittee does not appear to be open. Tried going down what looked like the best bet from Sawanvittee 65 going through to 3005, got about 200 yds and had to turn back, not even cars are trying it, still a lot of water in between the 2 roads. We had a fair bit or rain last night and a few spots this morning. The 64 is again having its surface repaired with aid of a road roller, however, all 2 wheeled transport is avoiding the new surface, like a Thai's skin it most certainly is not, but it is a big improvement on what was there.

By pass same as yesterday, both directions, all forms of transport all going like there is no tomorrow!

Last night to Loy Kra Thong celebrations by the riverside. If you think of the bridge which carries the Route1 over the river ( north to south ) I was the western end of the promenade that runs from the bridge west for about 2km, not far from the large enclosed market on Sawanvittee. The water level here I estimate to be about 2' below normal ground level. This afternoon we will again go to town to see if the rubbish has been collected and I will let you know what the general situation is, wherever the driver takes me!

Edited by nong38

There is just a little more open but much, the rubbish in the main roads has virtually gone, the side streets no. We manged to get down Kosi Road to the new river crossing at the bottom of Tumvittee, the bridge is open. Kosi Road east from here had a barrier across the road.

Went round the south side of Sawan Park, the park is open and some of the usual traders around the side are open, but not all and again a fair bit of rubbish pilled up as well.

Government Savings Bank near Fairyland closed.

On our way back the crossing to Big C was closed so we had to do the U turn under the bridge then we went down by the riverside, there are some unexpected big holes in the road.

It seems slow to clear and they dont clear the bits that are important to us for trading but I dont know the size of the problems for the authorities so its tie yen yen !

Post Office is open as well.

Not much to tell today, a lot less pumps in operation around the flooded fields and we have just heard that the rubbish in the smaller side streets in town is starting to be collected, so we will go either tomorrow or monday and have a look how things have changed.

Not much to tell today, a lot less pumps in operation around the flooded fields and we have just heard that the rubbish in the smaller side streets in town is starting to be collected, so we will go either tomorrow or monday and have a look how things have changed.

Having read the daily report's for the last few week's it make's me even more certain that N/S has got to be if not the worst place to live in Thai a close second.

May I suggest that when all this mess is sorted if you have anything left to sell you do so rapid, and get out of that Buddha forsaken place. You don't have to go far about 100 km north. Very little flooding even at it's worst NO crap on the Soi's, NO heavy traffic, NO fume's, all the shop's open 24/7. Oh and please don't tell me this is the first time flooding has happened there I can remember 5 year's ago not as bad I admit as this year but the 32/1 was closed for over three week's. I know this as I couldn't get up north without a massive detour. So all you peep's have now been advised. Just wondered if anyone has noticed that ALL the Thai's that live there can swim big time, now you know the reason. There I have said my bit only a few more year's and you will have the same again. If you decide to stay on your head be it.

Edited by fredob43

Not much to tell today, a lot less pumps in operation around the flooded fields and we have just heard that the rubbish in the smaller side streets in town is starting to be collected, so we will go either tomorrow or Monday and have a look how things have changed.

Having read the daily report's for the last few week's it make's me even more certain that N/S has got to be if not the worst place to live in Thai a close second.

May I suggest that when all this mess is sorted if you have anything left to sell you do so rapid, and get out of that Buddha forsaken place. You don't have to go far about 100 km north. Very little flooding even at it's worst NO crap on the Soi's, NO heavy traffic, NO fume's, all the shop's open 24/7. Oh and please don't tell me this is the first time flooding has happened there I can remember 5 year's ago not as bad I admit as this year but the 32/1 was closed for over three week's. I know this as I couldn't get up north without a massive detour. So all you peep's have now been advised. Just wondered if anyone has noticed that ALL the Thai's that live there can swim big time, now you know the reason. There I have said my bit only a few more year's and you will have the same again. If you decide to stay on your head be it.

Nah Fredob it's not that bad and it does have a hell of a lot more shops including some that I can get me meds at whereas I can't get all of them at KhamPhet. It is only in the lasy year or so that KhamPhet has got better as it used to be a sleepy provincial town.

The Immigration people are very nice there and now I don't have to go to Mae Sot (which also floods).

The route 32/1 between the 2 places has a bad road surface and that got worse in the last couple of months and at night on a motorbike it gets to be really scary.

Thanks for your thoughts but selling and buying property in Thailand is not that is easy so I guess we are stuck here! Luckily where we live in NS Tok we had no flooding within a mile and we can both swim big time, taught her that free when we met, free!

Been up into the metropolis this morning, a lot more rubbish has been cleared, things slowly returning to normal.

Fairyland has been completely retiled but Tesco is still closed they have some small posters which says "your new store is coming soon." A quick look round the barrier showed no fixtures and fittings, look at least a week away from openeing so maybe the 25th was right. Over at Vitteethep they have no tiles on the floor at all but do have a thank you sale on! The fridges have a little stock in now.

The market at the end of Kosi Road was 80% open today but footfall not like as usual. Went to the market at the other end of town on the road to Krok Phra and it was noticeable that prices had gone up dramatically.

We will open, well Nong will open, for sales in Sawanvittee 9 tomorrow, so if you want some pineapple we would be glad to see you, although I will probably have gone back to bed!

Last thing the 2 7-11 near the market one in Sawanvittee and the one in Kosi Road near Kasikorn/Ayudyha are both closed and dont look like they open soon.

Thanks for your thoughts but selling and buying property in Thailand is not that is easy so I guess we are stuck here! Luckily where we live in NS Tok we had no flooding within a mile and we can both swim big time, taught her that free when we met, free!

Been up into the metropolis this morning, a lot more rubbish has been cleared, things slowly returning to normal.

Fairyland has been completely retiled but Tesco is still closed they have some small posters which says "your new store is coming soon." A quick look round the barrier showed no fixtures and fittings, look at least a week away from openeing so maybe the 25th was right. Over at Vitteethep they have no tiles on the floor at all but do have a thank you sale on! The fridges have a little stock in now.

The market at the end of Kosi Road was 80% open today but footfall not like as usual. Went to the market at the other end of town on the road to Krok Phra and it was noticeable that prices had gone up dramatically.

We will open, well Nong will open, for sales in Sawanvittee 9 tomorrow, so if you want some pineapple we would be glad to see you, although I will probably have gone back to bed!

Last thing the 2 7-11 near the market one in Sawanvittee and the one in Kosi Road near Kasikorn/Ayudyha are both closed and dont look like they open soon.

Metropolis so that's what you call the smoke, traffic, diesel fumed, and now flooded ridden place, well I never. One learn's something new every day.

Yep forgot about the selling bit who the hell want's to buy anything in N/S. Now in KPP if you put anything it up for sale it's gone in a trice, and at top price.

Bill if you want to know were to get any tablet's ect in KPP just ask. And by the way what's the road between the to got to do with it. If you want dodgy road's just try the bypass at N/S it was crap before the water got at it.

Now Bill you should know about the shop closures during the flood's in KPP now let me see ALL the bank's shop's post office's 7/11 were all open. Ya Ya I know some were closed on Sunday's forgot about that.

Then there's the immigration as we only have to go once a year thank Buddha there's no problem good job we didn't have to go in the last week or two as we would have been in the sh/t big time.

And how many shop's do you want Big/C Tesco's Makro's two post office's +++ there all in KPP. Oh and open. And the price's still the same, IE no increase. I must point out I was in N/S on the 7th and you should have seen it plastic bag's rubbish crap of all sort's, if anyone try's to tell me it's a nice place to be within 20 mile's of I'll will laugh, the pit's is a word that fit's the bill more appropriately. Sorry if I offend anyone but I speak as I find.

I don't know if anyone know's but KPP has won the cleanest city in Thailand award 8 time's in 15 year's. Just a bit of trivia.

Metropolis so that's what you call the smoke, traffic, diesel fumed, and now flooded ridden place, well I never. One learn's something new every day.

Yep forgot about the selling bit who the hell want's to buy anything in N/S. Now in KPP if you put anything it up for sale it's gone in a trice, and at top price.

Bill if you want to know were to get any tablet's ect in KPP just ask. And by the way what's the road between the to got to do with it. If you want dodgy road's just try the bypass at N/S it was crap before the water got at it.

Now Bill you should know about the shop closures during the flood's in KPP now let me see ALL the bank's shop's post office's 7/11 were all open. Ya Ya I know some were closed on Sunday's forgot about that.

Then there's the immigration as we only have to go once a year thank Buddha there's no problem good job we didn't have to go in the last week or two as we would have been in the sh/t big time.

And how many shop's do you want Big/C Tesco's Makro's two post office's +++ there all in KPP. Oh and open. And the price's still the same, IE no increase. I must point out I was in N/S on the 7th and you should have seen it plastic bag's rubbish crap of all sort's, if anyone try's to tell me it's a nice place to be within 20 mile's of I'll will laugh, the pit's is a word that fit's the bill more appropriately. Sorry if I offend anyone but I speak as I find.

I don't know if anyone know's but KPP has won the cleanest city in Thailand award 8 time's in 15 year's. Just a bit of trivia.

I guess you do not much like Nakhon Sawan then and KPP is great, well one day I must come up and have a look. I must say when I first came here I thought the same as you, no way can I live in NS, but overtime I changed my mind but I guess I will not be able to change yours.

Edited by nong38

To continue let me tell you why N/S in my opinion will never be a nice place to live. It is built either side of a major north south road to wit the 1 There are lots of big road's straddling it. You are greeted by several nice flower bed's as you enter a welcome sight as you peer through the smog to look down the up to 6 lane 1 road. As you venture down it there in lie's one of the problem the bridge that is just 2 lane's, you work it out if you cant it's a B/ll's up big time. I'll not go into how many set of traffic light's there are.

As you drift/crawl through town surrounded by bus's lorry's car's all belching out black smoke you will note the clock temp thingy that's there, that's if it's visible through the haze. We play game's while we wait in the traffic jams one is called who's the first to see across the road.

Water N/S has 2 major river's running through it it's a catastrophe just waiting to happen, and it does on a regular basis.

Dining just take Big/C as you exit the fume ridden car park and enter the food hall you are met by large open door's that butt onto the afore mentioned car park just imagine sitting there the aroma of your food wafting up and the gasses from the car park wafting down joy of joy's. I won't go into what it's like eating at any of the out side restaurant's. You can work that one out on your own.

To sum up as you will more than likely see I don't like N/S the place is the pit's as I have said before. Please add your comment's on why I'm wrong if you like or maybe what's so good about it. I'm always willing to learn. As some one once said the best thing about N/S is the bypass.

Edited by fredob43

I guess you do not much like Nakhon Sawan then and KPP is great, well one day I must come up and have a look. I must say when I first came here I thought the same as you, no way can I live in NS, but overtime I changed my mind but I guess I will not be able to change yours.

KPP has it's fault's like all town's/city's. But one of the best thing's is it doesn't have a major road running through the middle of it. Fume's almost none well that's a lie there are some but only about 1% of what you get in N/S. I had to stay there once some year's ago N/S that is and the next day my car was covered in dust. I can eat out without getting the smell of Diesel fume's wafting. I don't know if you know but KPP has the banana festival once a year every one come's from mile's around well 1km just one of the many high light's, I entered the wife in the miss banana comp last year and she came 9th out of a field of 6 she received a bunch of banana's as her prize she was thrilled. As you have not been here you haven't missed much. KPP mean's the diamond city used to be the Thai capital once many year's ago. Has a much slower pace of life than N/S, and a lot less traffic, you can also cross any road on foot. Another good thing is the cleanliness of the place you can always find fault but it's not half bad. I have lived in Thailand on an off for well over 25 year's, Holiday resort's BKK I've tried the lot. Then after a lot of searching I found my place and for me it's KPP I have lived here for over 5 year's loved the place the fist day I got here and there's not enough Bt to make me move out. As I'm tapping this out all I can hear through my open window's is the sound of bird's. As Bill (Build) said up to a few year's ago it was very quiet but now all the big boy's B/C Makro's ect have moved in it has got a bit more bizzy, all for the better I think, as I used to have to go to N/S for any big shopping that's why I know a fare bit about it. Please take my comment's with a bit of tongue in cheek but I really don't like the place.

If ever you feel you want to visit KPP I would be more than happy to take you round and show you the sight's such as they are. Might be a bit quiet for you but as it's only an hour away it might be worth a look if your at a loose end.

Edited by fredob43

I totally agree with about the road situation, not all the best and the bridge was ok when it was built but totally inadequate today, you right about the fumes. The fumes are not confined to NS alone they are everywhere. There are many other places I have come across where the volume of traffic is to much for the roads also, it was the same in England. This is Thailand, there are problems that need to be solved and planning that leaves a lot to be desired at times ( BIG C) but what you see as you pass through the busiest places is not where I live and I dont spend my time where the fumes belch ( if only the owners of these bits of transport would keep them in proper running order and serviced bu they dont in many places do they). I can show you many restaurants where you can eat fine food and not have to worry about breathing, we rarely eat in BIG C. To find the advantages of living here you have to live here and I can understandhow you feel trying to drive through. The traffic light sequencing is appualling and could be easily improved but it likely wont be, when I have have to use the bridge or anywhere else to get out of town I pick my time to travel and am never caught up in the endless queues, I live out on the west side by the way, near the by pass, we dont use it often for the reasons you have mentioned, but poor road surfaces are not confined to NS

I did wonder if you were employed by the KPP Tourist Association :D Anti-Nakhon Sawan dept!

I totally agree with about the road situation, not all the best and the bridge was ok when it was built but totally inadequate today, you right about the fumes. The fumes are not confined to NS alone they are everywhere. There are many other places I have come across where the volume of traffic is to much for the roads also, it was the same in England. This is Thailand, there are problems that need to be solved and planning that leaves a lot to be desired at times ( BIG C) but what you see as you pass through the busiest places is not where I live and I dont spend my time where the fumes belch ( if only the owners of these bits of transport would keep them in proper running order and serviced bu they dont in many places do they). I can show you many restaurants where you can eat fine food and not have to worry about breathing, we rarely eat in BIG C. To find the advantages of living here you have to live here and I can understandhow you feel trying to drive through. The traffic light sequencing is appualling and could be easily improved but it likely wont be, when I have have to use the bridge or anywhere else to get out of town I pick my time to travel and am never caught up in the endless queues, I live out on the west side by the way, near the by pass, we dont use it often for the reasons you have mentioned, but poor road surfaces are not confined to NS

I did wonder if you were employed by the KPP Tourist Association :D Anti-Nakhon Sawan dept!

I live here and i'm happy let this guy drive pass Nong38

Can't please everyone

I am keeping out of this other than saying where I live there is no pollution, no traffic jams, the roads are good as there is not much traffic.

KhamPhet is about 45 minutes one way and NakWan about 1 1/2 hours the other way.

On Saturday afternoon I was 15 minutes up the road from my house sitting in a clean fresh (and bloody cold) river with friends and the kids.

sounds like you ar

I am keeping out of this other than saying where I live there is no pollution, no traffic jams, the roads are good as there is not much traffic.

KhamPhet is about 45 minutes one way and NakWan about 1 1/2 hours the other way.

On Saturday afternoon I was 15 minutes up the road from my house sitting in a clean fresh (and bloody cold) river with friends and the kids.

Sounds like you live in a very nice place which suits you, good for you and that river sounds good, got a spare Leo?

Yes we look at life and places differently, so each to his own and let us all agree to be happy with that.

I am also sure we are happier here than we were in the country of our birth, another Leo anyone?:)