Nakhon Sawan Flooded Today At 1015Am

nong38

Nong38 you can pull pretty much as much as you want with the Nationwide card for over the counter transactions, the thai banks call it 'cash advance' - copy and sign ya passport.

I took 120,000THB when last month from BBL

Also theres a AEON machine in Fairyland near SCB

Keep up the reports!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Immigration yesterday afternoon about1.30 and said that I would be down this morning, Thursday.

Ahhh said the helpful lady.

Actually the government has just said that Thursday and Friday are now public holidays, Saturday and Sunday we are closed and of course Monday is also a public holiday. Can you come this afternoon as we will be open until 6pm.

Instant headless chicken mode and whilst I am busy closing doors and windows and getting some riding clothes on Nong38 calls my mobile to say the same thing.

Got my gear together, grabbed some money and a passport and roared off on my Yamaha Virago. I have gone about 40 km when the bike coughs and loses power and starts vibrating a bit. I turn back to home and the bike seems to be working fairly well and the vibration is not always there and I get back home around 3.15 pm.

Dump the bike and phone Immigration and say that I will be there if possible.

Can't use the car as my wife,son and a few more went off to Phitsanulok this morning.

I drag out my trusty Honda Phantom slug and ride off again. 45 km up the road the low fuel light comes on and the Oh Sh1t syndrome comes into action. Whilst roaring along flat out at about 98 kph I calculate that the light comes on around 2 litres left in the tank and I am about 12km or 1/2 litre of gas from the PTT gas station on the route 1.

I get there and fill the tank with 9.5 litres of the best 91 red I can find and roar off again to NS.

That route 1 is usually in a bad state of repair but yesterday it was worse. I stood up a few times as I went over some holes and eventually got almost into NS and found that a south bound bridge was broken and a Bailey bridge was in use. Negotiate that and get to NS and get diverted down towards the town as the main road was closed and turn right onto the 117 and back up onto the main road again.

The local NS government are doing a fine job at clearing up but I didn't really have time for sightseeing.

Turn right at the BigC junction and up to Immigration by 5.15.

They were very helpful considering that I didn't have my usual completed forms, passport copy etc.

Stamped me up and I was on my way in10 minutes.

I met Nong38 who is neither a Nong or 38 for a can of beer (thanks for the beer) and then rode back home.

The route 1 north bound is as bad if not worse than the south bound.

In the daytime that road frightens me a bit, at night it scares me and at night in a thunderstorm (I did it once coming back from BKK) it scares me sh1tless.

I stopped at the same gas station and filled the tank again and ate at Chester's Chicken. The best I can say is that they couldn't ruin the Pepsi.

I got back at about 9.30 pm totally knackered but with another 90 report done.

I called Immigration yesterday afternoon about1.30 and said that I would be down this morning, Thursday.

Actually the government has just said that Thursday and Friday are now public holidays, Saturday and Sunday we are closed and of course Monday is also a public holiday. Can you come this afternoon as we will be open until 6pm.

Instant headless chicken mode and whilst I am busy closing doors and windows and getting some riding clothes on Nong38 calls my mobile to say the same thing.

Got my gear together, grabbed some money and a passport and roared off on my Yamaha Virago. I have gone about 40 km when the bike coughs and loses power and starts vibrating a bit. I turn back to home and the bike seems to be working fairly well and the vibration is not always there and I get back home around 3.15 pm.

Can't use the car as my wife,son and a few more went off to Phitsanulok this morning.

I drag out my trusty Honda Phantom slug and ride off again. 45 km up the road the low fuel light comes on and the Oh Sh1t syndrome comes into action. Whilst roaring along flat out at about 98 kph I calculate that the light comes on around 2 litres left in the tank and I am about 12km or 1/2 litre of gas from the PTT gas station on the route 1.

I get there and fill the tank with 9.5 litres of the best 91 red I can find and roar off again to NS.

That route 1 is usually in a bad state of repair but yesterday it was worse. I stood up a few times as I went over some holes and eventually got almost into NS and found that a south bound bridge was broken and a Bailey bridge was in use. Negotiate that and get to NS and get diverted down towards the town as the main road was closed and turn right onto the 117 and back up onto the main road again.

The local NS government are doing a fine job at clearing up but I didn't really have time for sightseeing.

They were very helpful considering that I didn't have my usual completed forms, passport copy etc.

I met Nong38 who is neither a Nong or 38 for a can of beer (thanks for the beer) and then rode back home.

In the daytime that road frightens me a bit, at night it scares me and at night in a thunderstorm (I did it once coming back from BKK) it scares me sh1tless.

I stopped at the same gas station and filled the tank again and ate at Chester's Chicken. The best I can say is that they couldn't ruin the Pepsi.

So it was for 90 day report, this can be done by mail or not?

Yes it can but what with the flooding and transfer of Immigration plus Monday's public holiday I thought that if I left it for a day or so there would be no problem as NakWan was less flooded and it would be easy.

Truth be know I am not sure about the Thai Post with the flooding plus I was getting a bit stir crazy as I haven't rteally been anywhere on the bike for a while.

Unfortunately (for me) the government declared today and Friday as a holiday as well as Monday of next week which was scheduled anyway.

Hence the headless chicken mode yesterday afternoon as well as that assault course known in NakWan and KhamPhet provinces as the route 1 or BKK/CM main road.

The motorbike problems were just down to me and nothing else.

They are open again on Tuesday as normal and back in the normal place.

Edited by billd766

Nong38 you can pull pretty much as much as you want with the Nationwide card for over the counter transactions, the thai banks call it 'cash advance' - copy and sign ya passport.

Keep up the reports!

You are right about the Nationwide,but, the bit that hurst is the 2% + £1 every time which is why I gave them the boot and went to Metrobank who will charge me nothing.

This afternoon 430 ish I rode out along the Sawanvittee 64 and down by the health centre as this morning, then I joined the 122 and headed south, my plan was come home by the 3005. PLan B happened after 1 1/2 kms down the road from the health centre. No traffic going north, everything going south, sometimes in the north bound carriage way (uh?). The road is flooded, ok for tankers, lorries and pick ups if you go slow and fancy your chances. I will try the 3005 from the Nakhon Sawan Tok end tomorrow.

On my way back I took a quick left to go down to the river bridge, but did not get far, the farmers are pumping from the fields and as I turned I was encouraged to leave the road and drop into a small collection of houses, these were some of my new friends who had been living along the road and had just got home, so we were all very happy. I speak a little Thai, but they all understand football, when we had got over the I am not German bit, it was Man U? NO NO NO............Arsenal........more smiles and no thanking you phet mat mat!! Still it was great to see them back in the houses again ( arrived to late for the LEO!!!!!!!!).

Little by little.

Almost forgot, they have taken the dam out of the entry to Depalm 1.

Keep up the reports!

You are right about the Nationwide,but, the bit that hurst is the 2% + £1 every time which is why I gave them the boot and went to Metrobank who will charge me nothing.

Yeah Nationwide sucks on the 2%

Starting use Kalixa £2.25 on any amount anywhere in the world, i'll have a look at metro bank

Have just returned from my ride along the 3005 to route 122, I got all the way, but there are things you all need to know about this road. Firstly anyone using the 122 to by pass Nakhon Sawan, they seem to be switching which carriageway is being used as in the distance I could see southbound traffic coming down the southbouns road but when they got to me they were in the northbound lanes! Only the northbound lanes are in use over the river, not traffic heading north. U turn is flooded. To get to Krok Phra they have cut a temporaryt cut through between the carriageways, single file. The water I told you about yesterday goes to the slip road from the 122 to 3005 and its going to be awhile before this water is gone.

Along the 3005 heading west from the last 7-11 I found the water on the bend as before on the westbound side a distance of maybe 100 yds total for me to worry about 25 yds and not deep. They have a cut under the road surface in several places to drain water from the south to the north of the road, what is holding the road up ? Who knows. The area which need your attention is between the 2 cement works if you hading back to Nakhon Sawan, the edge of the road is standing proud in some areas, there is nothing underneath and it could colapse at anytime. In several places it has and if you hit one of the gaps it can be up to 5' down, good chance the car would be a write off and cetainly need a crane to get you out, DO NOT DRIVE NEAR THE SIDE OF THE ROAD HEADING EAST.

I stopped at the 7-11 on the way back, still no bread. Always seem to have beer and spirits whatever disaster happens though!

Had a small conversation with a white bus driver, I dont speak much thai but managed to find out they are running to big C but not over the Route 1 into Nakhon Sawan. They are truning left and going the long way round underneath the panoramic tower.

Keep up the reports!

Yeah Nationwide sucks on the 2%

Starting use Kalixa £2.25 on any amount anywhere in the world, i'll have a look at metro bank

I reckon I will save almost £200 by moving to Metrobank, their site is www.metrobank-online.co.uk (not sure off the top of my head about the bit between bank and before online )

Only allow up to £300 a day so have to go twice a month which is fine for me and as have mentioned before I go in the bank with passport and avoid the 150 bts as well ( also get a cup of tea.)

Had a ride around this afternoon along the road that is a right turn off the Sawanvittee 64 for about 2 1/2 km s tot a T junction, turned right and headed back to the 3005 and then a right to go home. The farmers are still pumping the water across the road in 3 places from east to west, even on the west in places its muddy rather than water in places. When I got to the T junction and turuned right going back towards the 3005 I was really surprised how much drying out there was, although there was still water in the distance next to the road you would not have thought that there had been a flood. Lots more peole back in their homes, some by boat but surprising none the less. What a difference a day makes.

Just been out and the director of engagements has informed me we will now be going to Nakhon Sawan on sunday and not tomorrow ( T.I.T.) So sorry about that it will be sunday now, out of my control.

Edited by nong38

Have been out to the heath centre today and the road which had water in it a few days ago is easily passable so got another 400 yds, this road dose a triangle back to the Sawanvittee 64 but at the Sawanvittee end of the triangle its still to deep for me, otherwise the farmers continue to pump water and people slowly getting back into more houses.

Sorry its a bit late today but have been running in some class 50 locomotives on my model railway, 2 are running fine 003 and 045 but 16 if it does not run every other day it get tempremental and required some intense running this morning. Amazing house the humidity takes the shine off the tracks and they become sticky (leaves on the line?) at least I am thinking its the humidity.

Going to the market this afternoon I have been enlightened so unless I hear anything from the telephone there will be nothing later.

Looks like I have the visa for the trip tomorrow so will interesting to see what Nahon Sawan looks like 1 week on.

Just returned from the visit to town.

Good news, the crossroads at BIG C you can now go over in both directions, Sawanvittee and Kosi Road both clear of water as is Matulee and Atakavee. But, there is rubbish everywhere, its going to take time for it to be collected and cleaning to take place. Orange and white buses are running along the normal route and green also on usual route in town. There is very little open. Went past Fairyland and barriers to stop turning left ( motorbikes excepted?) they are turning, doors of Vitteethep open at 830 for staff cleaning is my guess I would not expect them to be open for a while, similar story at the Kosi Road market, few traders cleaning. I went to look at the river I would say its still 6' above the ground, just the wall keeping it back and pumping back into it.

A big difference to when I was wading down Kosi Road but we coulnot even attempt to clean up the shop in Sawanvitteee 9, no water, just piles of rubbish and still a little mud about amongst this as well.

So I reckon we will go and have another look to clean about wednesday, slowly things will happen but its a big job, if you are coming into town, ring your destination before you travel and check they are open for trade and be careful what you buy for a bit, could be cleaned up flood damaged stock.

Fairyland appeared to have a had a delivery of something as we went past, I could see pallets near the doors close to BOOTS.

Edited by nong38

Just to let you know, we got the motorcycle back, up and running again for 190 bts and I have just put some pics on the pc so if you want to see some, let me know your email and will see what I can do, depending on the response, send me your email address and will return marked flood.

Have been repairing a puncture today and trying, in vain to stop brakes binding so not much news today apart from the piles of rubbish on the streets and roads of Nakhon Sawan have started to be cleared up. We still expect to go and try and clean up on wednesday, I expect after a disinfectant clean we will just have to wait for the air to blow through and let it stand for a few days, i think we aim to start selling again next monday, I would think the market in Kosi Road the same, I would not bother trying this week. Whilst in the area I will go down to Fairyland and Vitteethep and get an idea whats happening there.

We have been to Big C today, the road across the route A1 into Nakhon Sawan closed everything being diverted north, looked like you gain access if you were travelling south on A1. Clearing of rubbish reported to be underway. Bread back in Big C, shelves are very low on stock, looks like whatever they have they have tried to put on shelves to make it look full, but things pulled to the front, fridges have virtually nothing in, nice displays of small tins of mackerel, thats about it! Plenty of beer and beverages of that ilk of course, get the priorities right!

Just got back from Nakhon Sawan. You can cross staright over from Bic C into Nakhon Sawan and vice versa today.

Cleaning is on going but progress is pretty good, from Atakavee/Kosi Road its not so good going towards the market, still a fair bit of rubbish around and drains to clear but the smell is not to bad.

Viteethep is open but much re-tiling of the floor to be done and powerful driers in operation. Fridges not working. I got the impression that they will be about 2 weeks before chilled items are likely to be on sale, ring if need to do before you go.

Several 7-11's in Sawanvittee and Kosi Road not open and look the worse for wear.

Traders, well some are open to assess the situation and trade a bonus. Furniture shops are hosing the mud off the outside and will then there be a FLOOD SALE or still charge the old price as if it were new?

Fairyland is open. The pallets I saw the other day were actually tiles and cement so you can imagine what it is like inside.

Tesco is not open, the shelves I could see were bare and the impression froma lady who selling in front of the entrance to Tesco was that they may not be open until the end of the month, she was saying 25th again ring if you need anything before you go.

Big C yesterday had bread, did not apparently last long, I saw people with trolley's full and the check outs probably let then buy it all too.

Have a friend arrived from town today and says there is a still a lot of mess and is suggesting a month before things are back to normal, yesterday Tesco saying 25th so maybe it will be a bit longer than we would like, will take a ride on the bike later ( front brakes only ) see if i spot anything, but anything from the fridge seems to be maybe a problem in getting at the moment, I will have a look in my nearest 7-11, they were getting deliveries of yoghurts and they like last time I looked so that maybe another of option.

Been to a couple of 7-11 today, found 2 staff behind the counter bending down, dont know what was going on there, eventually they noticed a queue whilst another member filled the fridge with liquid dairy products, no spreads. 3 Half loaves left at 11am in one shop only. As you might have guessed they put their prices up just before we had the flood, everyhting I wanted up 2 bts, so be aware, I dont expect they are profitering and liable to the 7 year in govt's hotel.

By all accounts not much has happened in town today. I will go again on monday and see what the position is then. Today most shops are not open, apart from the larger ones so I am told. I am also told that the Kosi Road Market might try and re open on the 10th LOY KRA TONG. If the g/f has ordered fruit then I will let you know as she has cleaned the shop ordered or replaced what was lost and she is in Sawanvittee 9 a block away from the market.

Today between Sawanvitte e33 and 45 in the area around the Commerce Building and Immigration and the riverside is a huge complex for free medical treatment, banks are there and if you can show proof of flood damage get some financial help. If this sounds as if it might useful go quickly it finishes today. If you come down from Big C heading towards the Krok Phra turn down by Immigration, as you pass it turn left. Parking is at a premium, might be worth walking a bit?

Edited by nong38

Thanks for all the updates.

I feel a little bit ashamed as up here apart from a lot of heavy rain a couple of months ago for the last couple of weeks it has been fairly dry, hot and sunny.

Pretty much the same as here, at least the weather is ok for clearing up now, so dont chastize yourself, get another Leo! They are coping down in the capitol now though and I cant help but wonder if it could all have been managed a bit better, just letting dams fill up and flood and hope it does not get to Bangkok seems to me the way the thinking was all along.. Well lets hope they can learn something about water release management for next time that will benefit Thailand, there thats my rant done!

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Nakhon Sawan bypass is open or is it still a crawl through the town centre to head north?

Thanks.

The last time I was out that way, check back at my posts, it was open southbound only, there was a lot of water near the 3005 junction, if I feel better I will have aride out tomorrow and report back to you if traffic is going in both directions, otherwies things were normal passing BIG C today.

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Nakhon Sawan bypass is open or is it still a crawl through the town centre to head north?

Thanks.

Last night on my way back from Pattaya to Chiang Mai I was surprised to see all the signs down and the bipass opened.

So I drove that way. The road is in very bad shape, areas washed out with no warning and still I found myself in water 60cm deep at times. much of it, about 3 or 4 km work is still under 10 - 30 cm water.

My advice is to stay clear for months unitl it is dry and fixed. I have to go that route monthly and will no be going that way

I have been out to the health centre this morning and onto the by pass, a little traffic going south and only saw one big lorry and trailer heading north. The advice given in the prior contribution would be appear to the wise one, the roads are in bad shape and under any depth of water you would not know what what was there. I bit of I did not want to hear that but that is what you are hearing, take the route through town by Big C and adjust your time if this is where you want to go and not be held up.

Whilst out at the health centre today I was able to turn left and left again and return to the Swanvittee 64, another dry road! Many of the roads that trun off south of Sawanvittee 64 going towards 3005 are dry at the end but I can still see water so these are taking time to clear and I would attempt them for a while yet.