Could Bangkok Floods Affect Phuket?

trigger571

Could be a problem getting a new Honda car which is not full of water

indeed, as if their 3 months waiting lists before flooding wasnt bad enough, a few hundred Hondas have drowned. 3.000 cars saved by moving to Don Muang

and all supplies to Phuket are effected, including cars of all makes.

Pepsi from Surat plant ok tho ;)

Fresh vegetables are going to be in short supply due to crop damage in the farm areas around BKK. A lot of local (Phuket) hotels and restaurants are already trying to grab as much frozen supplies as they can. That's going to cause shortages, particularly in the 'wholesale' outlets such as Makro.

Fresh vegetables are already short. Went to Tesco in Chergtalay and the new Tesco Lotus in Talang yesterday. Both had several empty crates. I also noticed eggs were lacking from both and couldnt find Chicken Breasts but not sure this one was due to the BKK floods.

Well I think it has started to. I went to buy a 20kg bag of dog food and my favorite red wine yesterday and they were out. I asked when she thought they might get more and she said it would have to swim from Bangkok. Also my internet has been pretty slow at times. Last week it got pretty bad so I had the tech come and check it. He said the signal is good to your house, but CAT is having problems in Bangkok and has chopped service to Phuket...

Edited by Jimi007

Can confirm that lots of things that have to be sent down from Bangkok are already in short supply: yesterday Tesco Lotus didn't have sugar, tea, big garbage bags and so on. Can only be hoped the situation will be back to normal when the high tourist season starts.

Main tesco lotus out of drinking water today, but more important they are out of beer also

Strangely, the Chalong Lotus had an offer on big jugs of Tesco water for only 22 baht (down from 26 baht) just 2 days ago. Good offer and we bought 16 jugs, they had plenty plenty of stock. I agree that Tesco shops are beginning to run short on many items, that's why we bought a lot of water.