Urgent Help Please

danielr

Is the Man partly Japanese or is the establisment half Japanese?

What is a "Backpackers" A hostel , hotel?

Is it inside the moat our outside or in it?

I gather teh man is actually part japanese. but I am not sure so will try anything. I have called two already (Thai Way, Banana Guesthuose). but they fobbed me off, so who knows if she is theer or not.

Yes a hostel. i know nothing more

:o

Daniel,

Slow down and take a breath. This is all quite abrupt and vague. Who is the "she" you are looking for and who are you and why are you concerned and looking for her? What is the connection with the half Japanese owner of a backpacker hostel? If you are a bit more clear and forthcoming with information then perhaps someone can better help you. If there is something urgent then maybe even someone would be willing to make some calls for you.

seeker

I apologise seeker. I know. I only know that the place this is staying is run by a half Japanese man. That is all I know. I am fearfull of giving her name out here. I was told it would not be a good idea.

What is the Thai for please? Sorry, I have not been. I will use it on the phone to the hostels.

I am sorry to do this posting but I wouldn't do it lightly.

Thankyou for you help.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. If this is urgent, then by depressed, I guess you fear she is feeling suicidal.

When did you get this last message from her? Has she said anything else that would give a clue as to what part of town she is in?

I am currently not in Chiang Mai, but maybe one of the other gents here could PM you and get the name and some description from you and would then be willing to contact the tourist police to enlist their aid.

Anyone else have any other thought?

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.  If this is urgent, then by depressed, I guess you fear she is feeling suicidal.

When did you get this last message from her?  Has she said anything else that would give a clue as to what part of town she is in?

I am currently not in Chiang Mai, but maybe one of the other gents here could PM you and get the name and some description from you and would then be willing to contact the tourist police to enlist their aid.

Anyone else have any other thought?

Yes I fear that she is suicidal. I got last email from 4pm, West coast of Australia time (as I post this is is about 9pm).

No she has not given any clue where she is in more detail. I think she arrived there today.

It has happened suddenly, although I am not suprised at her behaviour since she seemed that way inclined while not showing real depression before.

I thankyou all for your time and pray it is a false alarm. But I can't sit and do nothing when I have this fear.

Two more thoughts. If anyone is willing to call around a bit to hostels, etc., then also PM danielr for the needed info. Also maybe someone can post here contact info for the tourist police.

Daniel, as soon as someone does PM you and says they are willing to contact the tourist police for you, then please post here so that multiple calls are not going out to the TP.

seeker

If your friend's Australian, then the Australian Consulate in Chiang Mai may be of help (though perhaps not over the weekend, I don't know).

The Australian Consulate, Chiang Mai

165, Sirimungklajarn Road, Tambon Suthep, Chiang Mai 50200

Tel: (053)221-083

Fax: (053)219-726

You'll find some other consulates in Chiang Mai if she's not Australian. In any event, you should contact the consulate of her citizenship, not yours (if different).

Chiang Mai Tourist Police: Tel.(053) 248130, 248974, 699

I am not sure, but those last 3 digits may be for local use (like 911 in the states?)

Good luck Daniel. Maybe they can help you to find where she is staying and you can talk to her. Be patient and polite when dealing with the police. They probably have rules about how much they can tell you. Maybe they could track her down and ask her to call you. Or maybe they can tell you of any hostels owned by Japanese.

Hopefully your friend is fine, but just feeling a but low.

seeker

I have made email contact. I think it may be ok, at least I know it is not so late.

I thank you all sincerely and I am sorry for the fuss, but i had to do as i hope you understand.

I know posts like this can raise a yawn from many, but i appreciate those with energy to reply.

thankyou again.