Chiangmai Virgin

makavelli

hi everyone, I am planning on going to Chaing Mai next Summer with the wife for a few days before we hit Pattaya. I was just wondering where the busiest parts of Chaing Mai r with all the bars and stuff, we would like to stay in a nice hotel nearby the action, any got any ideas?

Thanks guys

hi everyone, I am planning on going to Chaing Mai next Summer with the wife for a few days before we hit Pattaya. I was just wondering where the busiest parts of Chaing Mai r with all the bars and stuff, we would like to stay in a nice hotel nearby the action, any got any ideas?

Thanks guys

Action?? If it's only the bar scene you are looking for, I suggest going straight to Pattaya. Don't waste your time up here.

Guest DragonStar

... There's a pretty good place down at Ratchapakinai. You have an exellent choise of Chang, Singha and Heineken (small or large, as you might prefer). You can sit outside and have an exciting guessing game on what color the next motor cycle may have or not may have....

Can we get back to seriously answering a question? I can't find much in the original post that warrants ridicule.. He's coming for a family holiday and looks for a decent hotel that's not out in the boonies.. that's it.

I'd look into Rydges Amora hotel for example.

Can we get back to seriously answering a question?  I can't find much in the original post that warrants ridicule.. He's coming for a family holiday and looks for  a decent hotel that's not out in the boonies.. that's it.

I'd look into Rydges Amora hotel for example.

now you are being silly!! :o

actually, he did mention going on to PATTAYA, fer crissakes

OK the best hotel to stay in CM...can search for several other similar topics

or go to CM Plaza, nice place as any, good value :D

> actually, he did mention going on to PATTAYA, fer crissakes

Hehehe.. yes, I suspected the mere mention of the P-word would be like waving a red flag to the Chiang Mai herd. :o

Keep in mind though you can have a perfectly nice, family oriented holiday in Patters is you know where (not) to go. :D

Keep in mind though you can have a perfectly nice, family oriented holiday in Patters is you know where (not) to go. :o

Very Troo. Go to Patterz and KEEP GOING....

Family like Rayong area. Cheaper, quieter and oh so much cleaner. Can even enter the water WITHOUT needing standby emergency vehicles. You keep your own skin when swimming and don't leave the water on a stretcher, retching black bile and bleeding from every pore.

Second thoughts, Patturz is to be heartily recommended - for some.

Joking aside (and I've done my fair share of the "stay south" joshing before now), take a look at the map on this link:

http://chiangmai.sawadee.com/chiangmai-map-flash.htm

From what the OP says, best area for him/his family is plainly around the Night Bazaar area - between the old city (west) and the river (east). The map shows the main hotels. Check out the hotel links at the bottom of the page for individual hotel pages (inc. rates, pics, reviews etc).

Not my thing, but each to their own.............. :o

Joking aside (and I've done my fair share of the "stay south" joshing before now), take a look at the map on this link:

http://chiangmai.sawadee.com/chiangmai-map-flash.htm

From what the OP says, best area for him/his family is plainly around the Night Bazaar area - between the old city (west) and the river (east). The map shows the main hotels. Check out the hotel links at the bottom of the page for individual hotel pages (inc. rates, pics, reviews etc).

Not my thing, but each to their own.............. :o

Man you guys are brutal up there LOL

Chiang Mai and nature = definitely

Chiang Mai and ethnotourism = yep

Chiang Mai and Miniature Golf = amen

Chiang Mai and Go-kart racing = youbetcha

Chiang Mai and temples = indeed

Chiang Mai and mall shopping = ja, ja.

Chiang Mai and souvenir shopping = oui, monsieur.

Chiang Mai and pumping nightlife = Go straight to Patters, Bangkok, Phuket or Samui.

Rydges Amora, Duang Tawan, Royal Princess and Chiang Mai Orchid are all ok hotels IMO. The first three are close to the Night Bazaar and the main tourist drags, whereas Chiang Mai Orchid is closer to Kaat Suan Kaew Department store and not too far away from the boutique shopping and arty/chic/slightly upper class crowd at Nimmanheimin Rd.