Passport Application For A 19-year-old.

I've been asked to post this question on behalf of a member who is looking to get a UK visit visa for his g/f but, obviously, needs a passport first.

The member's g/f is 19 years old and, apparently, needs parental permission to obtain a passport. Her mother is ill and cannot travel to BKK in order to support the passport application. Is it acceptable for just her father to accompany her? If not, can the mother simply sign a statement to the effect that she has no objection.

Scouse.

I've been asked to post this question on behalf of a member who is looking to get a UK visit visa for his g/f but, obviously, needs a passport first.

The member's g/f is 19 years old and, apparently, needs parental permission to obtain a passport. Her mother is ill and cannot travel to BKK in order to support the passport application. Is it acceptable for just her father to accompany her? If not, can the mother simply sign a statement to the effect that she has no objection.

Scouse.

I was under the impression that you could get a passport with just an ID card?? My g/f was 22 when she got hers, ID card and 3 days later a passport.

My buddy just helped his latest fling get a passport in Bangkok so he could take her to Cambodia with me and my GF for a week holiday/visa run. She had to get her father to come with her to get it.

She was 22...NOT. She was busted when I had her passport to I fille out her Cambodian visa and customs forms on the flight over. Birthday 14 Jun 87. Been working for over a year in Bangkok. My GF was pissed that she lied to her about her age. She could have passed for 25 though.