Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Why don't we have a topic regarding the latest flood information as it happens from Thai Visa members.I beleive our information can be more accurate , up to date , less confusing and more useful than the press releases we are receiving.Tomorrow it could be really important to know exactly what's happening and when.Maybe start here or TV start an official one

For up to date info please check the daily flood location topic:

Nov 8: http://www.thaivisa....ations-nov-8th/

Nov 9:

Edited by cdnvic
Topic now closed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean on the way to the airport from Ramkamhaeng?

Suwithawong minburi seems ok now. Heavy rain right now which isnt good. Klum khao rd just from suwithawong to latkrang/romklao is underwater, Thats a no go area if you have to drive.

No that rd is ok but everything to the left is flooded. Its like a back rd/short cut to lat krabang, romlkao and the airport.from suwithawong.

4 km down the road from Big King Bangjay the road is flooded more then the days before. Its a good 5 cm deeper. Only the middle fast lane (not sure how to call the seperate road in the middle) has not been flooded. It looks like i have been cut of from travel.

Suwithawong minburi seems ok now. Heavy rain right now which isnt good. Klum khao rd just from suwithawong to latkrang/romklao is underwater, Thats a no go area if you have to drive.

I'm in the Floraville estate on Suwittawong Road ( KM 43 opposite CP Food ) currently the water is 200 mm's outside our home front gate and rising slowly, other sections of roads in our area are deeper than that. The heavy evening downpours lately haven't done us any favours either. Access will be a real problem to our estate if the water continues to rise. The estates rear entrance is heavily under water and the road is severly damaged. Motorists moving in the opposite direction in our estate don't help either by making waves like jet skis because they can't show any control and slow down. I'm in two minds whether to move up to our holiday shack which is 50kms away on higher ground or sit it out here.

I'm in the Floraville estate on Suwittawong Road ( KM 43 opposite CP Food ) currently the water is 200 mm's outside our home front gate and rising slowly, other sections of roads in our area are deeper than that. The heavy evening downpours lately haven't done us any favours either. Access will be a real problem to our estate if the water continues to rise. The estates rear entrance is heavily under water and the road is severly damaged. Motorists moving in the opposite direction in our estate don't help either by making waves like jet skis because they can't show any control and slow down. I'm in two minds whether to move up to our holiday shack which is 50kms away on higher ground or sit it out here.

Im in the next village to you. Preecha soi 34. I noticed you have been flooded for a few days now as lots of cars are parked at the security entrance. We have been blocking holes in the permiter wall here with clay. Its stopped water coming in so far but if the water arrives here today or tomorrow i imagine there is no stopping it. Worrying for this area. I also noticed the new car sales garage has evacuted all most all of its call. That is slightly concerning as that garage is elevated a few feet from suwithwong rd and alot lot higher thatour villages.

Good luck mate.

Hi Rob, just to confirm your report re banglay ,, passed there at around 3 pm,, only 1 lane passable as you mention and only via pick up or larger vehicles, smaller vehicles are being diverted,, incidentally we travelled from Suphanburi into city this afternoon and the Suphan to Bang bua thong is closed at Sombat buri village,, no diversions in place at the time we arrived, just a barrier across the road saying road closed and many confused drivers wondering which route to take

4 km down the road from Big King Bangjay the road is flooded more then the days before. Its a good 5 cm deeper. Only the middle fast lane (not sure how to call the seperate road in the middle) has not been flooded. It looks like i have been cut of from travel.

Im in the next village to you. Preecha soi 34. I noticed you have been flooded for a few days now as lots of cars are parked at the security entrance. We have been blocking holes in the permiter wall here with clay. Its stopped water coming in so far but if the water arrives here today or tomorrow i imagine there is no stopping it. Worrying for this area. I also noticed the new car sales garage has evacuted all most all of its call. That is slightly concerning as that garage is elevated a few feet from suwithwong rd and alot lot higher thatour villages.

Good luck mate.

You guys are straight north of the airport. Looks like it is coming closer.

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=Thanon+Suwinthawong,+Bangkok&hl=en&ll=13.808076,100.824966&spn=0.615454,1.055374&sll=13.0376,101.491373&sspn=14.855181,8.296016&geocode=FWSy0gAdIHYCBg&hnear=Thanon+Suwinthawong,+Bangkok&t=m&z=11&vpsrc=6

Any personal experiences of driving from Suvarnabhumi to Korat (or vice-versa) ?

The little town of Khum Thong, is under half meter of water, from the airport to Bangkok is ok, the remaining road till Khao Yai is fine, not sure about Korat, the big problem is in that little place on the main road heading to Lat Krabang

How is Chaeng Wattana and Samsenai, Pathumthani doing?

Been to Chaeng Wattana the day before yesterday and it was dry there, no water, at least around the immigration area

I live near Impact, no problems here today. Was at The Avenue on Chaeng Watthana at lunch and traffic was running fine in both directions. I think they are opening the Government Complex up as an evacuation centre so it is still accessable. The car is on the second floor parking in case though.

Hi Rob and Jonny. Everything's OK in Amphur Sao Noi, Nonthaburi. No problems at all, well apart from a few puddles here and there. The local Khlong is like 8" above bank level, but the locals have sandbagged it pretty effectively. The local administration here seems to have its act together. I have to go to work tomorrow (well today, it's 3am), and my usual route takes me by Kheart, Bang Bua Thong onto Bang Yai Big King (basically the road you mentioned Rob). Any updates on that route. Anyway, the locals have told me of an alternative route into BangYai, skirting the problem areas, so I should be OK. I must admit I was expecting the problem to recede after the weekend, but now I'm not so sure, there's been some disturbing news reports.

Drove from Kanchanaburi to BKK to Saraburi and back yesterday. Major traffic jam at Future Mall Rangsit. Went to Thanyaburi and then via Amphur Ban Na in Nakon Nayok to Saraburi. Return journey my wife called the flood helpline and was told we'd have to follow the same route back. At the turnoff to Nakon Nayok the police had set up barriers and signs on Highway 1 sending us the way we'd came too to get to Bangkok. Going the usual way ( now flooded ) takes about 2 and a half hours. Yesterday Kan to Saraburi 7 hours.

Edited by mca

I don't get it

I remember it was reported that the city will be safe. The mass of floodwater has passed out to sea. The crucial days were over the weekend.

Now we here that the mass of water will arrive within 48 hours of a press conference held last night and further that bkk may not be safe.

Does anybody in the government have any idea what is really going on?

I really don't think so.

In the meantime it's still pretty much ok around thanon Samwa and Minburi.

Cheers

Jack

<br />Drove from Kanchanaburi to BKK to Saraburi and back yesterday. Major traffic jam at Future Mall Rangsit. Went to Thanyaburi  and then via Amphur Ban Na in Nakon Nayok to Saraburi. Return journey my wife called the flood helpline and was told we'd have to follow the same route back. At the turnoff to Nakon Nayok the police had set up barriers and signs on Highway 1 sending us the way we'd came too to get to Bangkok. Going the usual way ( now flooded ) takes about 2 and a half hours. Yesterday Kan to Saraburi 7 hours.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm driving to Pattaya from the north, and will be passing through Saraburi-Nakhon Nayok, using HW1 out of Saraburi and HW33 to Nakhon Nayok. Are there bad traffic jams along Saraburi-Nakhon Nayok stretch? Note that I'm not going through BKK but detour via Prachin Buri on HW319.