Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tung Song Hong @ Wat Welunarm Rd (connects Song Prapa Rd, Don Mueng to Chaengwattana Rd, Tung Song Hong and Laksi, the lower parts of the road are under at least 2-meters of water. Water is flooding into residences and businesses. We're going to lose a lot of furniture. Don't have anywhere to put the motorcycle either :( .

Edited by somchaismith

http://imageshack.us...loodbkk001.jpg/

Wow! This is terrible. We're going to have live off Mama noodles, that's all we managed to buy. As one can see in the pic, we're totally flooded out and the water's still rising. Earlier today a Thailand Post worker crashed his motorbike, trying to outrace the flooded road and was sucked into a submerged drain that had no cover.

A crazed taxi driver raced down our soi and caused a wave which knocked two cats, that had been sheltering in a roadside tree, into the water. I don't know what became of them.

My son blew up the inflatable li-lo, which we should have right now been using using on a beach side holiday. We plan to use it to try and float out of here, if the need arises. Just disposed of 2 1-1/2" cockroaches that tried to run up the computer table's legs. Mozzies are becoming bad, too.

A military worker just waded by and said that the electricity will blackout shortly.

Edited by somchaismith

Wow! This is terrible. We're going to have live off Mama noodles, that's all we managed to buy. As one can see in the pic, we're totally flooded out and the water's still rising. Earlier today a Thailand Post worker crashed his motorbike, trying to outrace the flooded road and was sucked into a submerged drain that had no cover.

A crazed taxi driver raced down our soi and caused a wave which knocked two cats, that had been sheltering in a roadside tree, into the water. I don't know what became of them.

My son blew up the inflatable li-lo, which we should have right now been using using on a beach side holiday. We plan to use it to try and float out of here, if the need arises. Just disposed of 2 1-1/2" cockroaches that tried to run up the computer table's legs. Mozzies are becoming bad, too.

A military worker just waded by and said that the electricity will blackout shortly.

That is bad, here i am in a similar situation, i got more food then you but once electricity goes things will turn bad.

This all because Bangkok residents want to keep completely dry. They should share in the burden then it will all be over sooner.

Last night all night pulling up sandbags, installed 3 motor pumps and blocked the sewers so no water can come in from the canal. This morning the water is rising. Some parts of the road get flooded about 10 cm. Village still dry ad at this time about 30 com above the waterline. On the outside of the village a small dam did break and water is floating in the land behind the village in a high tempo.

This morning the house locked with silicon kit, foam and sandbags. Bring most goods up to the 1th floor.

Attached some photos from in and around the village at present time.

Village located between Bangbuathong and Bang Yai about 5 kilometers from the main road in the direction of Sai Noi.

Regards

post-48670-0-63993200-1319166797_thumb.j

post-48670-0-68630100-1319166847_thumb.j

post-48670-0-40515900-1319166888_thumb.j

post-48670-0-38306300-1319166955_thumb.j

That is bad, here i am in a similar situation, i got more food then you but once electricity goes things will turn bad.

This all because Bangkok residents want to keep completely dry. They should share in the burden then it will all be over sooner.

There was no vote in Bangkok on who want to be dry. It is just the prime-chicken and her red friends messed it up.

Doing something 1 month ago and we might have done it with 0.5-1 meter water instead of 1-2 meter.

There was no vote in Bangkok on who want to be dry. It is just the prime-chicken and her red friends messed it up.

Doing something 1 month ago and we might have done it with 0.5-1 meter water instead of 1-2 meter.

I said it in anger, but if they had allowed BKK to flood a lil or take in more water then the problems would not be so bad now.

yes, the individual residents have such a say in the matter. get over yourself.

I said it in anger, but if they had allowed BKK to flood a lil or take in more water then the problems would not be so bad now.

Actually starting 1-2 month ago it wouldn't have been more than a small inconvenice.

As well they would had time enough to clean out all klongs, even make a few new ones.

But they were to busy replacing key positions with Thaksins relatives

Shut up about the government and or previous government and post about what this thread is about, SHARING INFORMATION ON WHERE THE FLOODED AREAS ARE!!

I would really like to know if anyone has any real information about flooded locations and clogging this thread with opinions about the government is totally defeating the purpose of it.

Earlier this afternoon Song Prapa Rd at Seegun was completely flooded making it nearly impassable and the road was filling up with water nearly all the way to Tops, Don Mueng. The water here is still rising. Army trucks were evacuatingTung Song Hong residents, who wished to leave.

What is really needed is a first post listing reported locations, with time-stamp next to recent sightings.

To be able to predict my areas coming water I need to scan several pages of sightings and political debates...

(Huay Kwang, close to Vibhavade, dry.)

Srong bra pa rd as of about 4:30 was under about 8" (20cm) to 12" (31cm) coming from the Klong bra pa rd nearly past the military base going towards the klong bra pa it was about 2' (61cm) but further up the road and only high pickups or 4x4 to enter. The houses are under water of course, the klong that runs parallel to Srong bra pa rd was about .5 meter from the top still but higher then it has ever been.

My wife just said that on NBT right now they are having a press conference and have said they are closing the klong bra pa sluice gate to control the level better and stop the progression in to Don Muang.. I'll try to get back up the road in about an hour or so and get back to give an update..

Edited by WarpSpeed

What is really needed is a first post listing reported locations, with time-stamp next to recent sightings.

To be able to predict my areas coming water I need to scan several pages of sightings and political debates...

I agree, news from other sources seems to be so varied.

there's already so much info on Thai visa, much more than most other web sites.

21/10, 10:25pm - ratchada 100% dry, all shops/stalls seem to be normal. No more traffic than normal.

Posting from Pra Khanong (Suk 71, Soi 14) still dry here and the nearby klong has been at the normal level all day (1m below walls). Strangely. it also appears to be flowing upstream for some reason...! (Based on watching water weed movement.)

Many sandbags and breeze-block flood walls covering drive entrances have gone up around here today, hope to have our defences in place tomorrow morning. Interesting to see the comments earlier in the thread about expected flooding of around 1m in some parts of in PK that has convinced me to get the defences in place.

All the best to those currently having problems and fingers crossed for those waiting to see their fate.

OT quickly- Nagatus- I too am having major issues with TV access, pages are taking 2-3 minutes to load and when they finally appear they are in a 'basic' format only. I guess there is a lot of traffic ?

Don Muang update:

Flood waters to the PTT station closest to the main business and residential area just after the military base on the side coming from Klong bra pa direction is up to the top of the center median which is about 8" (20cm) to 12" (30cm). Up the road on the side heading towards Klong br pa only a few meters further up the water gets deep very quickly from that point on, on both sides and is really impassable for anything less then a high pick up or 4X4...

I'm really miffed now at the road system more then ever as the long distance

between u turns and intersections to escape and turn around is now a real issue as if it wasn't before.

Now you get up the road into these areas and there is no way to turn around before potentially getting yourself into a real crap situation without good advanced notice..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Ratchada / Ladprao 100% clear, big road in Rangsit heading south to Dindaeng is flooded but bus's are still moving. Reports are saying parts of Phahon Yothin road but not confirmed.

No water anywhere near Phahon Yothin around Soi Ari, and no real rain either.

Samwa Tawantok in Klong Samwa (to the west of Safari World). Still not seen any flooding here despite being in one of the 7 districts that were warned to expect floodwater within 24 hours on Wednesday. (All that succeeded in doing was panic the wife).

Brother-in-law in Pathum Thani (west of Future Park) did get flooded out on Wednesday. His home wasn't damaged (when he left), but that's because his house was on built up land. When he exited his moo ban, the water on the road was waist deep.

He said the water first came up from the drains on the road, presumably water entering the drains in flooded areas is bypassing walls/obstructions above ground by travelling through the storm drain system. (Am I right in thinking this would NOT be tied into the sewage system?)

found this thread by accident.. thank you for starting this thread!

Thaivisa as a news source is useless. Maybe mods could place this thread under Thailand News? events related to flood is news, actually it is THE most important news.

This is a great idea :)

Ratchada- Ladprao is still as dry as a bone, despite my neighbors saying that we would be 1 meter deep in flood water by now.:ermm:

They did say that the warning said that water would be coming up from the drains, not from the klongs or overland. We'll see what actually happens.