Crocodile Warning For North Bangkok

george

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of crocs are they?

Estuarine are really quite dangerous.

"Freshies" are fish eaters and would normally avoid humans - they don't eat things that big. - however if they've been kept in captivity then they might not fear humans - I wouldn't want to be bitten even by a freshie.

Presumably these animals are being farmed for the skin (and meat) - so they have a value to the owner and the reward will reflect this?

Perhaps you would care to explain why the crocs get to gorge on buffalo during the annual migration in the Serengeti. You can see a movie showing the event most weeks on the National Geographic channel. Have you ever been to one of the crocodile farms and paid to feed the saurians? Or even heard of such an attraction? Gharials feed on fish, crocs will eat anything.

I think you need to find out a bit more before you blurt out anything else on the subject.

"Freshies" are fish eaters and would normally avoid humans - they don't eat things that big. - however if they've been kept in captivity then they might not fear humans - I wouldn't want to be bitten even by a freshie.

Presumably these animals are being farmed for the skin (and meat) - so they have a value to the owner and the reward will reflect this?

Perhaps you would care to explain why the crocs get to gorge on buffalo during the annual migration in the Serengeti. You can see a movie showing the event most weeks on the National Geographic channel. Have you ever been to one of the crocodile farms and paid to feed the saurians? Or even heard of such an attraction? Gharials feed on fish, crocs will eat anything.

I think you need to find out a bit more before you blurt out anything else on the subject.

I know enough to know that the Orinoco, Zambezi, Limpopo, the Great African lakes and both of the Niles are fresh water - and they are all full of flesh eating crocs.

If anybody needs to know more about crocs it is you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile read it and learn. People will have noticed that you have nothing to say about the buffalo emigration phenomenon.

I know enough to know that the Orinoco, Zambezi, Limpopo, the Great African lakes and both of the Niles are fresh water - and they are all full of flesh eating crocs.

If anybody needs to know more about crocs it is you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile read it and learn. People will have noticed that you have nothing to say about the buffalo emigration phenomenon.

Sadly it isn't enough for this conversation - keep googling though, you might learn something. Try sorting out out the species of crocs farmed in Thailand first.

a croc caught in pattaya was over 400 kilos as reported in that other newspaper and the one in the above picture looks bigger , maybe 500 or 600kg

to say these things are not dangerous or usually only eat fish is a joke :whistling:

any crocodile that grabs you will drag you underwater and they have a bite force of a great white shark so if it grabs even an arm or a leg youre probably phucked

i understand the government not wanting to scare people but these crocs are not small and they are most certaintly dangerous , a half tonne croc can hide in a foot of water and surprise attack anything that comes close

they can go without food for weeks or months ,they are coldblooded so they dont have to move around much and 33% of thailand being under water is not going to make it easier to locate them

Just to clear something up... the African crocs hardly ever go for Buffalo... Zebra, antelope and so-on make better targets. Even the Lions prefer other prey to Buffalo... the Cape Buffalo is a ferocious animal not to be confused with the Water Buffalo.

Anyway, the migration in the Serengeti is Wilderbeast, not Buffalo.

However, I think fresh water crocs are to be respected as much as any other wild animal with big teeth.

Just got some interesting croc news. When reports first came out about the crocs escaping the farms, then number used was 300 small ones. Now the the news today, Oct. 24, is saying thousands. Also on the Thai broadcast news came out with the amazing information that apparently lots of rich Thais have crocs as pets in the back of their mansions. Those are now all loose. Guess the rich Thais are even zanier than we thought..... So the people wading around in the water, have to deal with fecal bacteria , toxic chemicals, and now apparently lots of crocs....

Sadly it isn't enough for this conversation - keep googling though, you might learn something. Try sorting out out the species of crocs farmed in Thailand first.

Estuarine crocodiles and hybrids are farmed in Thailand. Going on the reported size, some are too big to be Siamese.