Information On Toyota Vios Lpg Conversion

thaicbr

Ok.. It seems that the Gf's family are getting a Toyota Vios to keep up with the Jones's. There is talk about an LPG conversion.

Having looked on the web i see that they have 58l capsules and 42l donuts.

My question is how far can you go on this amount of lpg. I know there are variables so lets say one figure for town driving and one figure for open road driving. what km per litre?

Also any one know of a website with all the lpg stations in Thailand on. Do Toyota have any recognised installers?

oHHH Lastly as it's going on one of the 5 year money back cars is there any long term problems with LPG conversions.

Thanks to all that answer.

Same, have a Vios with LPG, No problems and near same Km's with a3Tsw, Now looking to see how I can do this to a EVO-X, some advice is Fill up a few hundred baht on So-hol 95 and drive a few KMs as its good for the Engine. But the fuel will burn fast due to the extra weight of the LPG tank,

• 8 years later...
On 10/18/2011 at 5:15 PM, a3tsw said:

I have had lpg on my vios now for 3 years , so far no problems , 58lt tank , roughly 600km on a full tank , motorway driving.

My daughter's Vios which I'm using at the moment was running fine, but then yesterday refused to start.

Do you need petrol in the petrol tank as well? Because I noticed that it's on empty.

But plenty of LPG.....4 Green lights on the indicator. 

Any suggestions ?

I think I've figured the problem . Because it's a dual system it needs some gasoline in the tank to get it started from cold, then it switches over to LPG which would explain the loud beep that happens about 200metres down the road as the LPG kicks in.

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I think I've figured the problem . Because it's a dual system it needs some gasoline in the tank to get it started from cold, then it switches over to LPG which would explain the loud beep that happens about 200metres down the road as the LPG kicks in.

The system that I am familiar with needs a certain minimum engine water temperature and engine revs above 2000 to change over from gasoline to LPG. Some systems have a button that can be pressed, usually somewhere on the LPG tank, that will allow it to try and start on LPG' which it should.

I've had two systems.

One was a "taxi" manual system which sucked gas into the intake hose ahead of the manifold. That could and would start no problem on LPG if left in LPG mode

The second was a bit more complex and had individual port injectors. It , as stated, started on gasoline and switched as JAS21 stated. 

We don't get special tropical LPG control units here so have to make do with European ones which make sure the gas is vapourized before switching. Just in case you are in the Alps in winter. 

On 10/17/2020 at 7:46 PM, JAS21 said:

The system that I am familiar with needs a certain minimum engine water temperature and engine revs above 2000 to change over from gasoline to LPG. Some systems have a button that can be pressed, usually somewhere on the LPG tank, that will allow it to try and start on LPG' which it should.

Thanks for yours and everyone's helpful comments. 

Once I put B300 of 91 gasoline in the tank she fired up and runs perfectly. 

So it seems it needs this to start then once warm switches over automatically to LPG. 

19 minutes ago, Eddie Egan said:

The dash LPG indicator on injection systems has a button to switch it on/off hold that down will engaging the starter will start on LPG Cold/hot

Ah. Ok thanks for that. I saw the button and pushed it quickly.but only resulted in the green lights going off, so thought it was just a light switch. 

So if I run out of gasoline again, I'll try that!