1 Week In Chiang Rai In February

Danjel

Hi guys!

I'm heading to Thailand for a 4 week holiday in mid January next year. Much of the holiday is already planned, but I still have the last week open. My missus would love to go to Chiang Rai, and I myself would love to see another part of Thailand. I've spend most of the evening reading your forum, and it seems like a really nice laid back place.

I do have a few questions, I hope you can help me with.

I've looked on Agoda at hotels. Seems cheap and good, but my main concern is booking something to far out of the city, I'd like to stay in mid town, and not end up several km outside town. Could you please recommend some hotels/guest houses in that area? Neither me or the missus drive car or motorbike (I used to when I lived here, but that is some 3 years ago), so I hope to find something, were we can walk, without having to depend on tuk tuk or songtaews.

Another thing, I'm a total bodybuilding geek (even on my holidays), does Chiang Rai have a basic free weight gym? Or do I need to reschedule my planned 1 week off (planned for my Koh Chang trip the week before Chiang Rai).

I hope you can help me out.

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by Danjel

I stayed at the Diamond Hill Inn which is about two blocks away from the Night market. It is a basic hotel with air conditioning, and is spotlessly clean. There are no amenities like swimming pool, but the location is superb. The water pressure in the shower is one of the best I have had anywhere. The rate in September was 550 baht a night, and if you are staying two or more nights, you can ask for a discount (50 baht per night).