webfact

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes:

The post I initially responded to asked about the threat from cholera and typhoid. It was a daft question because most farang in Bangkok don't live in shacks without an electricity supply for boiling tap water. Consequently, they're unlikely to be forced to source drinking water from contamined flood waters . . . even in a worst-case scenario with the entire city under a metre of water.

I fail to see how the post in question post indicates that I'm unsympathetic to the plight of those worst affected upcountry. Perhaps you could elaborate ?

My perception is that you completely mis-read a simple post that said "what about Cholera and typhoid?" He isn't saying anything about HIS circumstances or any farang in particuar he's talking about the potential for disease on the whole farang and Thai alike.

Well put it this way - Some parts of the country have been under seriously high levels of water for MONTHS. . . have YOU heard any mention of a typhoid or cholera epidemic in the Thai media ? Have the 320+ deaths been attributed to an outbreak of water-borne diseases?

I love it when utterly gormless lemmings like Angeledge, Noahvail and Huk form a chorus of fools behind a lost argument.

I think these deads will be booked as normal deads. A high amount of deads due to the floods might scare international investors or tourists.

Personally, I think the point about 'robber-barrons' such as the one mentioned doing things contrary to the greater good is only too obvious - just as there's no apparent limit to their greed.

Might I suggest that, if you find 'inconvenient truths' such as the above upsetting or the lampooning of egotistical maniacs to be offensive, you take your cricket bat and go home.

Up until yesterday, water was being diverted away from Bangkok. Since when was Bangkok a part of 'Thaksin's land'? The argument you are trying to score political points over doesn't even make sense. A triumph of mindless Thaksinophobia over reason. Again. You give the Red/Thaksin/PTP bashers a bad name.

It's your rebuttal that's lost the plot. There is a big picture, look for it.

Word on the street is that the powers that be diverted the waters away from Thaksin's lands, and onto everyone else's. Ah, but of course. Not that it matters, the red slaves will not hear of it.

Are we to assume then that you concur with the 'word on the street', as presented above?

"All Singaporeans in Bangkok were ordered to evacuate to higher ground or areas that will be safe from the ravaging floods"

so folks the 64 million baht question is:

what areas will be safe from the ravaging floods?????????

If they are ordered does that mean the Singaporeans can send the gov't a bill for their trip to Chiang Mai?

TAN_Network

10.24 Muangthong 1 housing estate in Chaengwattana 14 sees flooding to chest level; residents said flood water started rising since 4am

Running low on supply of pins for the map...

Thailand Floods 2011

Red Pins:

Severely affected area: Urgent help needed

floodmap.png

Google Crisis Map: Thailand Floods

http://www.google.org/crisismap?crisis=thailand_floods_en

The organization that was providing the information for the red pins, thaiflood.com, has withdrawn from working with the government's FROC organization as the government was limiting information available to it.

Word on the street is that the powers that be diverted the waters away from Thaksin's lands, and onto everyone else's. Ah, but of course. Not that it matters, the red slaves will not hear of it.

Can you just give it a rest? Do you never, ever stop? I can't imagine what life must be like thinking that some evil master mind is behind every thing that happens here, so I have some amount of pity for you, but there is a limit!

Personally, I think the point about 'robber-barrons' such as the one mentioned doing things contrary to the greater good is only too obvious - just as there's no apparent limit to their greed.

Might I suggest that, if you find 'inconvenient truths' such as the above upsetting or the lampooning of egotistical maniacs to be offensive, you take your cricket bat and go home.

Up until yesterday, water was being diverted away from Bangkok. Since when was Bangkok a part of 'Thaksin's land'? The argument you are trying to score political points over doesn't even make sense. A triumph of mindless Thaksinophobia over reason. Again. You give the Red/Thaksin/PTP bashers a bad name.

All the premises you have cited are false and you should know that.

Bangkok residents given 24 hours to evacuate

A GRIM-faced Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has warned Bangkok's 12 million residents that they have until tomorrow to move their belongings to high ground before huge flood waters hit the capital. Several of Bangkok's northern suburbs have already been inundated as Thailand's army sent troops to protect industrial estates on the city's outskirts.

Bangkok officials are worried that up to 40 per cent of the city could be inundated with next weekend's peak tides.

The floods have killed at least 356 people, damaged the homes and livelihoods of 9 million and crippled key provincial transport routes and industry in what government officials call a looming humanitarian disaster.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/world/bangkok-residents-given-24-hours-to-evacuate-20111023-1mehi.html#ixzz1bbzbup8Q

The Age - 12 minutes ago

Bangkok residents given 24 hours to evacuate

A GRIM-faced Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has warned Bangkok's 12 million residents that they have until tomorrow to move their belongings to high ground before huge flood waters hit the capital. Several of Bangkok's northern suburbs have already been inundated as Thailand's army sent troops to protect industrial estates on the city's outskirts.

Bangkok officials are worried that up to 40 per cent of the city could be inundated with next weekend's peak tides.

The floods have killed at least 356 people, damaged the homes and livelihoods of 9 million and crippled key provincial transport routes and industry in what government officials call a looming humanitarian disaster.

Read more: http://www.theage.co...l#ixzz1bbzbup8Q

The Age - 12 minutes ago

FROC also just announced that Bangkokians should prepare themselves for up to one meter of water. The Thai family refuse to listen as there is nothing on Thai TV. "Just take it easy" "It will take days to come". We are on Thong Lor.

No one believes anyone now. There have been so many false reports.

Whereas a smidgen earlier:

The Flood Relief Operations Command Chief, Justice Minister Pracha Promnok, said in a televised press conference Sunday that people should not be too concerned about the river's spillover because it could be drained off.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20111023/thailand-flooding-111023/#ixzz1bc0pGlIr

CTV.ca - 1 hour, 40 minutes ago

A GRIM-faced Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has warned

Bangkok's 12 million residents

that they have until tomorrow

to move their belongings to high ground

before huge flood waters hit the capital.

This is way beyond the usual annual flood cockup.

Oh, and where IS high ground that is not expected to be flooded?

It would be nice to have a hint where she expects to house 12 million people....

And POTABLE water is already becoming an issue.