After The Water Resides.....Home Repairs !

Ayuthaya

Hopefully sometime (very) soon the mtere of water flowing through my house in Uthai Ayutthaya will reside and I will face the awesome task of assesing the damage to the structure and cleaning up the mess !

Not looking foward to the expense as my insurance doesn't cover this type of flood (so I'm told.....!). Hope the power will be back on so I can buy a Gerni or Karcher high pressure gun.

No doubt Ayutthaya Home Pro will be busy as I empty my bank account there. I'm not looking forward to this and I can't complain too much as I am not the only one in this position. Where to start ? Any suggestions ?

What a rotten time for you, sorry for your troubled time, can't be much fun, hope you were able to save your contents.

Firstly !!! what ever you do make sure your electricals, points, boxes etc are dry before switching your power on.

10 years ago in flooding our old house collapsed at the back end but it was old, so an easy decision for us, so we started from scratch.:)

I don't know what your house is like and you don't explain apart from it is flooded to a 1m height.

It would be very unlikely if our house could be flooded now with our deep reinforced foundations and the extra two metre height but you never know, I would say if your house has good grounded foundations, it will be just a dry out and clean up situation and getting ready for redecoration.

Once your cleaned up and dry look for any subsidence, any open cracking of walls, if everything looks sound your good to go.:)

I don't know what your situation was in the past with water levels in the rainy season and if I were you I would not take it for granted this has been just a one off and may well happen again next year.:ermm:

If take down and rebuild at a new high level is out of the question, then your alternatives are :-

To sell and move.

Build a waterproof wall around the house to the height required.

I don't know what your vehicle parking requirements are, within the house grounds or out in the road.

We have a slope to our parking area from the road rising to a height of 1.5 metre and our other entrance is steps.

It might sound daft but would be my solution anyhow, once you have your wall height say 1.5 metre slope up to a raised built parking area, and have steps down to the original house ground level, alternatively steps up and down each side of the wall if you on only need pedestrian use.

Best of luck anyway, K

Edited by Kwasaki