Korat Immigration Office

mussen

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you chaps must be going to a different imm office than me or something must be sliding under the table ( let me know how much please):whistling:

Got my first retirement visa extension in '97. Except for a Bt 800 late report fine a few years ago, and except for official fees, I have never paid immigration a baht.

Really a shame you would suggest corruption when you apparently have no evidence.

No evidence?, think what you want , i `ve seen it with my own eyes...but i would not risk exsposing it here on the board...

Also seen the one where 2000 bht has been passed over for a fee under that amount, and the person taking the money asking, Do you want any change sir??

I may be stupid (self certified), but one thing i aint is BLIND.:D

Some of you chaps must be going to a different imm office than me or something must be sliding under the table ( let me know how much please):whistling:

Got my first retirement visa extension in '97. Except for a Bt 800 late report fine a few years ago, and except for official fees, I have never paid immigration a baht.

Really a shame you would suggest corruption when you apparently have no evidence.

No evidence?, think what you want , i `ve seen it with my own eyes...but i would not risk exsposing it here on the board...

Also seen the one where 2000 bht has been passed over for a fee under that amount, and the person taking the money asking, Do you want any change sir??

The yearly visa extension id 1900 Baht. It is obviously priced that way so that the change from 2000 Baht will be given to the officer dealing with you. I never have any compunctions about giving this amount unless the service is bad, which at Khorat office I have never experienced After all it's only 3 dollars or two quid for Christ's sake.

Careful Rizla they'll be saying your me next. Good post by the way. You've shown that it's not just me that goes to Korat immigration with his eyes open.:lol:

And I learned to simply ignore him, he has nothing to add to anything except argumentative BS. It wasn't easy ignoring him at first, but each day it got a little easier, until finally...he just simply disappeared from my thoughts.

I like most of the rest of you though!

:rolleyes:

Hypocrite, if you 'simple ignore' me then why are you still reading my posts and remarking about them ? Duuuuuur

"I like most of the rest of you though! ", sorry Mario299 I didn't realise English wasn't your first language.:lol:

Edited by sinbin

He's not blind - I have met him.

I always wanted to ask for a receipt for the 500 baht for the certificate of residence - never quite had the balls to do it because the exchange of money always takes place before the stamp goes on any documents.

And I learned to simply ignore him, he has nothing to add to anything except argumentative BS. It wasn't easy ignoring him at first, but each day it got a little easier, until finally...he just simply disappeared from my thoughts.

I like most of the rest of you though!

:rolleyes:

Hypocrite, if you 'simple ignore' me then why are you still reading my posts and remarking about them ? Duuuuuur

"I like most of the rest of you though! ", sorry Mario299 I didn't realise English wasn't your first language.:lol:

Nothing wrong with either my written or spoken English. I do like your newest avatar, imagine it looks just like you. Now, once again, please go away you keep proving you have nothing positive to add and are just looking for an argument.

Bye-Bye

:annoyed:

He's not blind - I have met him.

I always wanted to ask for a receipt for the 500 baht for the certificate of residence - never quite had the balls to do it because the exchange of money always takes place before the stamp goes on any documents.

Me too,

but as they have quoted to me in the past (last time at their previous office down the road)...this is not our work, "the residencey certificate SHOULD BE OBTAINED FROM THE EMBASSY , we only issue it as a favour to them....."

So the 500 bht is as we know a figure fixed by korat themselfs...another money making trick, as they know you would need to travel to bkk to get one..hence another donation to their xmas fund (if they believed in it):angry:

As a side note, i dont really see many complaints on they board about other immigration offices....Korat seems to be the most mentioned, wonder why :unsure:

Edited by rizla

Me too,

but as they have quoted to me in the past (last time at their previous office down the road)...this is not our work, "the residencey certificate SHOULD BE OBTAINED FROM THE EMBASSY , we only issue it as a favour to them....."

So the 500 bht is as we know a figure fixed by korat themselfs...another money making trick, as they know you would need to travel to bkk to get one..hence another donation to their xmas fund (if they believed in it):angry:

As a side note, i dont really see many complaints on they board about other immigration offices....Korat seems to be the most mentioned, wonder why :unsure:

So it must be you that is blind. Khorat one of the better offices in the country.

I really dont think that 1 hour 40 minutes waiting time per year is enough to spoil your stay here. I have had to wait 24 hours for a document from the British Embassy.(that cost 2500baht for a single page) Makes the Thai immigration offices look quite efficient to me.

Careful Rizla they'll be saying your me next. Good post by the way. You've shown that it's not just me that goes to Korat immigration with his eyes open.:lol:

It seems to be better going there with your eyes shut???

Nah, I've met Riz, a few times, nice bloke.

Thankyou Thad,

i`ve always found yourself a pleasant chap..regards :jap:

As for the 1.40 hr wait that is only part of the story, 2 trips to the consulate in pattaya and a 3 month wait 2 years in a row with all the expenses of hotels, travel and notorised pension certificates, and all because Korat cant read their own rule that the part and part method does not req the money part seasoned..please dont get me started...

Careful Rizla they'll be saying your me next.

Subtle, Thaddeus, way too subtle!

Careful Rizla they'll be saying your me next.

Nooooo.

I spotted the lightly veiled insult.

Run off and mallard backs come to mind though.

Nooooo.

Thanks guys, glad some got it..... well, I already knew which ones would.

Joking aside, Riz had a rough ride in Buriram a few months ago, I was there to get a re-entry permit for an up an coming trip to Cambodia, in front of us there were a couple of farangs who, what's the best way to say it, acting like complete tossers..... the most obvious thing I spotted was they assumed that because their wives had limited command of the English language so did every other Thai in the room, which we all know is not the case, especially one of them. But that set the tone for the day.

It's wrong, it shouldn't happen, each case should be judged in its own right..... and that is probably the sole reason why complete prats should be shown the door, it just makes life harder for the incomplete prats like me, you and Riz.

Nooooo.

Thanks guys, glad some got it..... well, I already knew which ones would.

Joking aside, Riz had a rough ride in Buriram a few months ago, I was there to get a re-entry permit for an up an coming trip to Cambodia, in front of us there were a couple of farangs who, what's the best way to say it, acting like complete tossers..... the most obvious thing I spotted was they assumed that because their wives had limited command of the English language so did every other Thai in the room, which we all know is not the case, especially one of them. But that set the tone for the day.

It's wrong, it shouldn't happen, each case should be judged in its own right..... and that is probably the sole reason why complete prats should be shown the door, it just makes life harder for the incomplete prats like me, you and Riz.

Just how far short of being a complete prat are you ?

(now offence intended by the use of the word 'short')

I recon MOST of us know what the level of competence to expect from MOST Thai officials is. The staff at Korat imm. follow this general rule. Even meeting the Thai legal requirements is no guarantee of progress, EVERYTHING is "at the discretion of the Imm officer". I was told once that even though I met all requirements I would have to return in two days. When I mildly protested, I was told that I wasn't a Thai Imm officer, that she was; and that was that! I will need to attempt my first renewal of 1 year retirement visa in 11 (or 12?) weeks. The 800 grand is in place, and I will get the misses to call them a week before we go to see if that's still enuf (?), and what else they think I will need on the day. One thing I have learned is not to say too much, just sit there with a slight smile and see what happens next. At 1900, or even 2000 TB it's my best option of staying here for a further 12 months, or is it 90x4 days?? nearly right, ha ha.

Over fifty, 800k in bank for 3 months...you should be ok, just photo copy all your docs 3 times incase.

I`ve found it`s the part an part method that they can`t get their brains around, they even told me that all falangs who go to korat office req to season the baht part for 3 months....EVEN when it states on their form, on the date of application (i`m sure most of us have read it too)...

Good luck, and dont take you`re other half in if i were you, my thoughts are they try to look superiour in front of thai (all) women and therefore get a hard on trying to make it more difficult.....chok dee.

Edited by rizla

Over fifty, 800k in bank for 3 months...you should be ok, just photo copy all your docs 3 times incase.

I`ve found it`s the part an part method that they can`t get their brains around, they even told me that all falangs who go to korat office req to season the baht part for 3 months....EVEN when it states on their form, on the date of application (i`m sure most of us have read it too)...

Good luck, and dont take you`re other half in if i were you, my thoughts are they try to look superiour in front of thai (all) women and therefore get a hard on trying to make it more difficult.....chok dee.

Cheers rizla, and interesting point about not taking the misses with me.

Now I go a bit off topic.

Yesterday I popped into the driving licence issuing place near choho, korat to enquire about getting my 5 year driving licence; as the 1 year temp one runs out in 2 weeks. Loads of people have told me I can not get the 5 year one untill the day the 1 year job expires.

I went on my own, just to see; and the rather nice lady at enquiries who spoke good english (although she didn't let on straight away) offered to do me the 5 year one there and then !

Sadly, I hadn't brought all the docs needed; proof of residence, medical cert etc; with me- so no go, She told me I could come back anytime with them, and get the 5 year licence issued.

What are the odds that when I go back again later this week I'll be told to come back when the 1 year licence has/is about to expire !

I'll go alone again, and hope the lady is there again.

Flowers or chocolate?

Ha Ha

Cheers rizla, and interesting point about not taking the misses with me.

Now I go a bit off topic.

Yesterday I popped into the driving licence issuing place near choho, korat to enquire about getting my 5 year driving licence; as the 1 year temp one runs out in 2 weeks. Loads of people have told me I can not get the 5 year one untill the day the 1 year job expires.

I went on my own, just to see; and the rather nice lady at enquiries who spoke good english (although she didn't let on straight away) offered to do me the 5 year one there and then !

Sadly, I hadn't brought all the docs needed; proof of residence, medical cert etc; with me- so no go, She told me I could come back anytime with them, and get the 5 year licence issued.

What are the odds that when I go back again later this week I'll be told to come back when the 1 year licence has/is about to expire !

I'll go alone again, and hope the lady is there again.

Flowers or chocolate?

Ha Ha

I got my 5 year one before my 1 year one ran out , BUT who knows what will happen if you try it..no way to predict if i`m honest...give it a try..

It just shows you how stupid the law is in this country....You have a car, with insurance ( class 1 cover ) you have the road tax and goverment insurance....you have a one year license..THEN they tell you to come back when it is expired for your 5 year license..so if you live alone, dont have a motorcycle license (valid) and/or no bike, no friends to take you, no taxis or bus .....they fully expect you to take the car...CRAZY...

I would give it a shot, or you might have to pay the brown leotards (BIB) their karaoke money for the day..

Flowers or chocolate.? i now know where i`m going wrong :(, i would suggest flowers as all can enjoy...chocolates, she might just want to see you after work..LOL

Edited by rizla