For Condo Owners And Agencies: Looking For Somewhere To Rent Long Term

Hi, I'm on the market to rent long term a place in jomtien, here are my requirements, if you or someone you know, have something on offer, please contact me for visiting:

- from 90 sqm and up

- very good sea view (closest to the sea front is the best)

- corner unit would be better but not essential depending on building location, but balcony needs to be enough to put a table and chairs... not too small.

- large lcd screen, one minimum but one in bedroom also wouldn't hurt at all!

- landline internet connection (not wifi from building)

- high floor

So that's my basic requirements, for the budget it's not an issue right now and will be discussed depending on the condo..

For long term contract, 6 months or 1 year, will be discussed as well as the price later on.

Start of rental can be from december or even november, maximum january.

First please send me your offers. Please note that I'm already living in jomtien, so I am available for visits.

Cheers,

Kola

Edited by kola

Why I sign as Kola? Well that's my username here.. I don't understand your point, as far as being an acceptable tenant or not it depends on everyone's opinion, but I pay on time and don't make noise, I don't bring prostitutes either since I'm living as couple and finally I'm moving out of this appartment because the 6 months contract will end and I want to find an even better one. This one is fine but there are better ones for sure, just for more money, and the problem is actually finding the owners to talk to.

Agencies and adverts are mostly for studios, and there's only a selection of bigger condos..

Ideally there should be a place online where one can put what he's looking for, and agencies and owners browse this place and offer what they have. I know this place is called a forum, but take thaivisa.com for instance, only a very small amount of agencies will read the forum and my post.. So that's not ideal, there should be a common place for all pattaya agencies to find customers..

Of course I'm also at the same time doing it myself by going to agencies and visiting, but that's long and boring, also there's a problem because of the high season and many things are rented for some weeks until end of march, so they can't cancel the bookings to put me in a 12 months contract instead.. Bad timing from my part..

Edited by kola

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I've found my condo, now maybe in one year I'll post again here, but honestly it was very useless.. I don't recommend thaivisa to look for a condo, I mean to post about you looking for something.. Surely there must be people posting their properties for rent, so you can use thaivisa to look for places to rent, but if you're looking for something other than a studio, then better not waste the time of posting here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, we're also meeting lots of so called "customers" who like to use agencies to do their research and then go behind their backs trying to make a deal directly with the owner. It doesn't pay give out free online research since most of those requesting detailed research don't intend to use agency services. However, those persons choosing to skip agency services need to also realize that there is no intermediary party to help them out when you have a problem with the owner refusing to return the deposit, fix appliances, or do any kind of followup. An owner who uses an agent to represent their property, then is willing to do a back door deal with a customer, tends to also be the kind of person who keeps the deposit after the contract is done.

Things tend to work themselves out that way. :)

Well actually, we did lots of free work for you and gave you a lot of condo choices and then you went and done the deal behind our back.

Yes you are very welcome.

Three Property

http://www.three-homes.com

Yes, we're also meeting lots of so called "customers" who like to use agencies to do their research and then go behind their backs trying to make a deal directly with the owner. It doesn't pay give out free online research since most of those requesting detailed research don't intend to use agency services. However, those persons choosing to skip agency services need to also realize that there is no intermediary party to help them out when you have a problem with the owner refusing to return the deposit, fix appliances, or do any kind of followup. An owner who uses an agent to represent their property, then is willing to do a back door deal with a customer, tends to also be the kind of person who keeps the deposit after the contract is done.

Well actually, we did lots of free work for you and gave you a lot of condo choices and then you went and done the deal behind our back.

Three Property

Problem for many renters is that prices asked through agencies tend to be far above what the renter will actually accept. I tried using an agency in the past but eventually found a private rental at 15k per month where agencies were finding me similar units at 25k. With that kind of differential you can afford to risk losing your deposit!

I saw the posts that were deleted (plus a 4th one that was deleted silently :unsure: ).

They put the agent in a rather different light.

My opinion of real estate agents is readily available via the forum search function, and I've seen nothing recently to make me change my mind.

The same usual suspects with the same drab antiquated comments......agents do not load...mark up or charge hgher prices, they offer a service and the owner pays commision from the advertised price.....The OP is an OK genuine guy so any comments against him should be ignored

Three Property

Problem for many renters is that prices asked through agencies tend to be far above what the renter will actually accept. I tried using an agency in the past but eventually found a private rental at 15k per month where agencies were finding me similar units at 25k. With that kind of differential you can afford to risk losing your deposit!

Exactly, there are many 'customers'..ha ha.... that expect agents to chauffer them round etc and then only to go behind their backs....had it a few times but my clients always inform me and on two occassions the customer has lost out on a bargain as they wanted to get one over on the agent and save a few quid....their loss.

Things tend to work themselves out that way. smile.gif

Three Property

That is not true, well not for us, most likely true for most of the non-sponsor cowboy agents you see on TV and this thread. They cannot afford TV advertising, let alone an office and qualified staff so how do you expect a farang to negotiate a good deal with a Thai landlord?

We do 90% of our business in Bangkok so I will explain what we do there. Developers build condos, housing estates and what not, and people buy the units for the sole purpose of renting and making money. It doesn't quite work out for them; the market is very over saturated and competitive, it's very hard to rent a unit these days without an Agent. Most landlords we deal with own multiple units in multiple condos, they know our Thai staff quite well and are on very good terms with us (we don't give them poor tenant’s period). We negotiate quite hard and can usually get a far better deal than other agents can get, let alone any non-Thai going at it independently.

Agents have a bad rep, yea for sure, but, I’ve never seen a complaint against us. Usually we get compliments from farangs and Thai customers, I’ve seen it all from compliments to offers to buy us drinks for our efforts.

However you do get the odd problem customer and these people exist in all business.

Three Property

Edited by ThreeProperty