Any Food, Beer, Wine, Water Shortages In Southern Thailand?

chickencurry

Hello. We're driving up from Malaysia to Phuket via Trang tomorrow. We're hearing that there's intermittent shortages of foodstuffs in Phuket (knock on effect from the flooding) and just wondering what the situation is in the South. Someone on the Phuket forum just said that the main Tesco is out of beer... mamma mia... what a disaster :(

I know there's a big Tops supermarket in Trang. Anyone know what the situation is like in the south? Thinking we might do a big stock up either just across the border at the new Tesco Lotus in Sadao, or even bigger stock up at Tops in Trang.

I live just outside Trang and as yet there hasn't been any major problems, a few small items seem to be in short supply (mama noodles) but everything else is okay and definitely no price hikes. I would have thought your best stop off point if you wished to stock up would be Krabi, you will be driving past Tesco, Big C and Makro on the way to Phuket.

The TOPS shop in Robinsons Trang isn't very big and in my opinion not worth the trip, the same can be said for Tesco Trang. My favourite would be Big C in Krabi and possibly Makro for some bulk items.

Tesco, Big C and Makro on the way to Phuket.

Went to all yesterday, Very short or empty on many items, but if you drink beer Makro has/had Leo or Chang + Chang Export only, lots of water.... Only soft drinks is orange or red Fanta... Tesco, Big C and Makro had many many empty shelves.

Appears 7/11 very few places sell ICE, Coke, Pepsi or water, as for Phuket 2 days ago most place to eat said NO meat, Pepsi was 35 baht [north BKK bormal is 22 baht !! water 1.5 lt @ 20 baht normal north pay 14 baht]