Don Muang Airport Clarifies Status Of Grounded Aircraft On Flooded Runway

webfact

Hallo guys,

first of all thanks for all the useful posts about Thailand and Bangkok, especially in these difficult times!

I have a question regarding accessing Don Muang Aiport:

I am a photo journalist and my agency has just sent me over to Bangkok next week and I have a couple of "places" I need to cover for them, one beeing Don Muang Airport. I am very well aware that the Airport is closed and the whole area of Don Muang district is flooded. From my previous visits to Don Muang I remember an highway running parallel to the Airport. Can anybody answer the following questions?

- Is the highway parallel to the Airport still open?

- Can the Airport terminal still be accessed? Any of the car parks maybe?

- I think there was a railway running below the highway. Is that railway still running (or running again?)

- Does anybody know other places to snap shots of Don Muang airport besides the highway or carparks?

Thanks for any help! I am also aware that the recent captures of Thai aircraft at Don Muang airport led to the impression that BKK airport is closed as well. dam_n media!

Cheers,

Tom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hallo guys,

first of all thanks for all the useful posts about Thailand and Bangkok, especially in these difficult times!

I am a photo journalist and my agency has just sent me over to Bangkok next week and I have a couple of "places" I need to cover for them, one beeing Don Muang Airport. I am very well aware that the Airport is closed and the whole area of Don Muang district is flooded. From my previous visits to Don Muang I remember an highway running parallel to the Airport. Can anybody answer the following questions?

- I think there was a railway running below the highway. Is that railway still running (or running again?)

- Does anybody know other places to snap shots of Don Muang airport besides the highway or carparks?

Thanks for any help! I am also aware that the recent captures of Thai aircraft at Don Muang airport led to the impression that BKK airport is closed as well. dam_n media!

Cheers,

Tom

Hmmm ... I take it that you will not be writing the captions for your photos.

Hallo guys,

Cheers,

Tom

- The express way is open.

- Don't know if you can access the airport from it easily, but I'm sure you can get onto the exit to the airport and then walk if you have to.

- There was no railway, and funnily enough, it isn't running again.

- It's not like there are any hills in the area, so unless you can find a tall building (which there aren't many out there near the airport) I don't think you'll have much luck.

Hallo guys,

Cheers,

Tom

- The express way is open.

- Don't know if you can access the airport from it easily, but I'm sure you can get onto the exit to the airport and then walk if you have to.

- There was no railway, and funnily enough, it isn't running again.

- It's not like there are any hills in the area, so unless you can find a tall building (which there aren't many out there near the airport) I don't think you'll have much luck.

Thanks for your help!