American Fanelli Sentenced To 10 Years For Phuket Bar Girl Murder

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry but it was an accident"!Stabbed her ,broke both her legs and stuffed her in a suitcase..Was this the case where they found her with no head?<BR>As for only a 10 year sentence for murder..you can draw your own conclusion out of that and really touching at the end of the police video confession when the thai police officer behind to the right of him gives him a comforting pat on the shoulder..???

So he was a poker champion, no doubt making his money on the internet gambling sites...had the police found him guilty of gambling instead of murder, he probably would have got 15 years. Take logic, reverse it and you have Thailand

one thing you should know is that there is alot of people in the prison that dont commit any crime,1600 prisoners,Governments are spending alot of money taking care of this prisoners but why not check on the crime files to know what crime they really commit,like this murderer he need to be in the prison,but how about people that just smoke weed,or innocent people that this thai mafians put in jail without any course,why not bring them out and make space for other prisoners,they all human and about this american man,i dont know why he should kill that girl,maybe he or the girls have alot of problems,nobody is perfect but he do beyond what he shouldnt do

10 years, because?

she put herself at risk

it was a daytime crime, Thai law separates between daytime and night time crime

he claimed it was an accident

would really like to read this sentence

was in court a few weeks ago, and a young Thai drug dealer got 27 years. He smiled when they took him away

I guess he would have had more if it was in the US. But there, prisons are more comfortable... 10 years - 400 days is not too bad for taking someone's life, who has done nothing wrong and is the mother of a baby! But he will come out mad as everybody else... <_<

Sounds like to me that he already has mental problems & ten years in Prison he will probaly not get any mental help, He will probably develope symptoms of major depression, mania or psychotic disorders such as hallucinations or delusions too , we all just- Hope someone is taking care of his Son!!

In US depends on where he lives and how good his lawyer is..Now American jails are full of inmates with..all kind of problems...I am sure he will be in America jail as the same time he serves in Thailand..The juries can convict him for life but, since the US jails are so crowd he can be out after 10 years..at least he can get help such as proper health care, psychologists, doctors and lawyers. I am not sure he has support very much from the US Embassy and the Thai jail. Well I hope his son is taking care by the lady family who passed away..It is very sad and tragic story...sorry for such ugly thing Happened to a working woman in Thailand. I hope this will be the example of an abusive relationship that any woman needs to stand tall and fight for her equality. Unfortunately, there are so many incidents happen to many women and no reports...the abusers will not punish by laws.. The tide is changing and several women around the world will not allow any man or men to beat, slap and rape them. Right now the women in the developing countries as such India and Philippine are facing acid throwing to their faces when their personal relationships turn sour. Sad but, true..my take and opinion..I am standing tall.

10 years, because?

she put herself at risk

it was a daytime crime, Thai law separates between daytime and night time crime

he claimed it was an accident

would really like to read this sentence

was in court a few weeks ago, and a young Thai drug dealer got 27 years. He smiled when they took him away

Thanks for posting...

Amazing about this crime,... The crazy man who killed the lady can got away for 10 years..while the drug dealers would get 27 years...Thai law is different from other countries. The law sees that the drug dealer will kill more people while she is not in jails and sells drug on the street. You will not believe how many addictive people in Thailand who try so hard and unable to get over...it is a life and death situation...some are able to get treatment from the monks but some are dying on the streets. The families are suffering and there are very few help from the social services in Thailand..I may not live there but, I do have friends who told me so many things that happened in Thailand..my opinion and I am standing tall.

If it was Texas the guy would probably be on death row.

Instead he got 10 years in a Thai prison.

If everything we hear about Thai prisons is true , he'll be wishing after 6 months he was in Texas and it was execution day.

10 years, 20 years, life does it really matter? He killed a Thai mother and will be hated by other inmates for it

In principal yes it matters but in reality he'll probably be a vegetable by the time he gets out if he survives at all.

So he was a poker champion, no doubt making his money on the internet gambling sites...had the police found him guilty of gambling instead of murder, he probably would have got 15 years. Take logic, reverse it and you have Thailand

Thanks for posting...amazing Thailand... this man needs to be in jail for life o receive a capital punishment...if Thailand has it...my take and opinion.

If it was Texas the guy would probably be on death row.

Instead he got 10 years in a Thai prison.

If everything we hear about Thai prisons is true , he'll be wishing after 6 months he was in Texas and it was execution day.

10 years, 20 years, life does it really matter? He killed a Thai mother and will be hated by other inmates for it

In principal yes it matters but in reality he'll probably be a vegetable by the time he gets out if he survives at all.

Good post and agree with you 100%. Hope several women in Thailand report their abusive relationship to the policemen so, the crimes against women will reduce. It is about time women learn how to survive by themselves and earn their own livings in case abusive situation. My take and opinion.

What a hero killing a woman bet he will not pick on the thai men in prison

he would last about 5 seconds i reckon,

hope they give him what he deserves

I do not know too much about Thai jail but, in US this guy will be death at no time..as soon as he arrives in jail..a couple week someone will not allow him to breath...my opinion.

Crimes of passion I can almost relate to.

But breaking her legs and stuffing her in a suitcase and dumping her? Who does that?

I reckon he's bonkers and where he should be.

'Mad' is about right. These are not the actions of a sane man. One more loony off the streets.

only 10 years?

Yeah that was my thought - "Ten WHOLE YEARS?" Except that is even shortened by the over one year he already served...

Even with a reduction for an early confession I believe it should have been a longer sentence. I would have thought 20 which would still be better for him than execution.

Fanelli said that he came to Thailand for a holiday but was here for 3 years?

This I don`t believe.

More like he was working illegally, perhaps obtaining an income from his poker websites or even a behind the scenes bar owner.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Only 10 years to take a life . After his jail term, he can afford to murder another one or two, he is still young, have a few more ten years to go!

True.

Perhaps the police are holding a promotion, murder 1, murder another for free?

But it all fairness to the guy, we do not have knowledge of the full circumstances that led up to the killing of this women, or even how Fanelli was involved with her?

So I am saving my judgement until if and more facts become availible rather than speculating at this point.

Wanphen was the mother of two children that she had with a previous husband. Her daughter, named Farm, is 3 years old. Her son Iang is in the sixth grade (not sure how old but probably around 10 or 11). She was financially supporting her partially blind mother who is now charged with taking care of Wanphen's two children without any form of financial support since Wanphen was an only child.

Edited by LivinginKata
image of child removed

Whatever the reason was, it is still very cold blooded to kill a human being just like that. It surely must be something harsh involved, it's sure to be man or money. Too bad, this lady met a beast!!!!!

Only 10 years to take a life . After his jail term, he can afford to murder another one or two, he is still young, have a few more ten years to go!

True.

Perhaps the police are holding a promotion, murder 1, murder another for free?

But it all fairness to the guy, we do not have knowledge of the full circumstances that led up to the killing of this women, or even how Fanelli was involved with her?

So I am saving my judgement until if and more facts become availible rather than speculating at this point.

Wanphen was the mother of two children that she had with a previous husband. Her daughter, named Farm, is 3 years old. Her son Iang is in the sixth grade (not sure how old but probably around 10 or 11). She was financially supporting her partially blind mother who is now charged with taking care of Wanphen's two children without any form of financial support since Wanphen was an only child.

I guess he would have had more if it was in the US. But there, prisons are more comfortable... 10 years - 400 days is not too bad for taking someone's life, who has done nothing wrong and is the mother of a baby! But he will come out mad as everybody else... <_<

The best outcome will be if he never comes out ... alive.

Only 10 years for murder? What kind of justice is that? It's obvious that Fanelli is typical farang scum that you find in Phuket and Pattaya that live lives of complete debotchery with the Thai scum that accomodates these the low-life, working class morons from America, England, Russia and other western countries.

Regardless of whether or not she was a bragirl or a middle class professional - murder is murder. But then this is Thailand isn't it? Where life is cheap - and even cheaper for the lower classes.

They should lock him up for life!

Often, by this stage in a thread, one or two people speak up who know the guy. I'd like to hear some other views on him and the circumstances of the tragedy.

Not much related, but I almost sliced a boy's head one time: I was in a kitchen with friends, and had a large knife in my hands. I impulsively played at copying the John Belushi comedy sequence (Sat.Nite Live) where he plays a samurai working at a deli. I pretended like a was going to cut a piece of pepperoni with a giant whack with the big knife, and just at that moment, a 10 year old boy skittered by while ducking between me and the table. It was a close call, but thankfully no one was injured.

Often, by this stage in a thread, one or two people speak up who know the guy. I'd like to hear some other views on him and the circumstances of the tragedy.

Not much related, but I almost sliced a boy's head one time: I was in a kitchen with friends, and had a large knife in my hands. I impulsively played at copying the John Belushi comedy sequence (Sat.Nite Live) where he plays a samurai working at a deli. I pretended like a was going to cut a piece of pepperoni with a giant whack with the big knife, and just at that moment, a 10 year old boy skittered by while ducking between me and the table. It was a close call, but thankfully no one was injured.

Sorry maidu but I find your post sort of bizarre (much like Fanelli).

Circumstances of the "tragedy" are public record, he murdered a lady, chopped her up and stuffed her in a suitcase. Then discarded her like trash. Much different then an almost had an accident with a knife one time. People that know him aren't going to matter, he did what he did.

10 years is a farce, he'll be out sooner. Again, where is the U.S. Embassy? Why isn't this guy doing life in a U.S. prison?