The Girl With The Tattoo Behind Her Ear

grumpyoldman

In many parts of the world, I believe here in Thailand too, tattoos have certain meanings.

i.e. I understand what one friend refers to as "the Thai barcode" tattoo is actually some religious incantations.

If you ever run into a Latino, Central or South American with teardrop tattoos, steer way clear.

My question today is that is there any significance or meaning to the tattoos I see on Thai women behind the ear? It's typically on the neck sort of behind the earlobe. Also I have noticed typically a scorpion, spider or some other sort of nasty insect. Some sort of "Black Widow" club?

Edited by grumpyoldman

In gang culture the teardrop under the eye (usually left eye) can mean they killed someone, but it also can mean they spent time in prison. (like the spider web on the elbow) It can also mean they lost a loved one or one of their homeys, or if on a woman, that her husband is in prison.

No idea about the tattoo behind tg's ear

In gang culture the teardrop under the eye (usually left eye) can mean they killed someone, but it also can mean they spent time in prison. (like the spider web on the elbow) It can also mean they lost a loved one or one of their homeys, or if on a woman, that her husband is in prison.

No idea about the tattoo behind tg's ear

You forgot about the door hinge on the inside of the elbow.

It hides track marks well.

I met a Japanese girl with her name and passport number tattooed on her wrist.

She said her parents demanded it if she travelled so if she died, she could be identified.

Weird.

Friend of mine tattooed his social security number (as an bar code) to his ankle after experiencing the tsunami in Phuket.

She said her parents demanded it if she travelled so if she died, she could be identified.

Weird.

So what happens to the number when her passport is full or expires?????

Most of time the girls that have tats behind their ears very much know who they are and what they are about. Scorpions or spiders "black widows", both very venomous with unpredictable behavior. They are a force of nature to be reckoned with. Stay away, not to say they aren't a lot of fun every now and then ;). Once you start looking behind their hair and their ears be careful. Your getting a little too close. Indirectly they are telling you themselves what you are getting yourself in to. Be careful and don't get bit.

Edited by FlyByNights

6 off topic/trollish posts removed to prevent this topic about tattoos going way off the rails.

O.K. to keep this from happening maybe I can pose the question another way. Those with female Thai partners, see if they don't have an opinion:

Does the insect tattoo behind the ear have any meaning, or is it just a fashion statement?

Weird.

Friend of mine tattooed his social security number (as an bar code) to his ankle after experiencing the tsunami in Phuket.

I have read of many people who sadly had their social security number tatoed on their body.Some of them are still alive.

O.K. to keep this from happening maybe I can pose the question another way. Those with female Thai partners, see if they don't have an opinion:

Does the insect tattoo behind the ear have any meaning, or is it just a fashion statement?

My female Thai partner does't have one. If she did, she most likely wouldn't be my partner! Does your Thai partner have one GOM? I do have an opinion about them though. And I have to agree with FlyBy Night...

its sad though.. Most of the tattoo'd girl in the west(not the tramp stamp, really tatoo) are really faithfull girls and often look extremely pretty in their style.. Here.. well.. let's just say the western manager of the 5 star hotels are not allowed near by.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "bar girl branding"; the standard across the lower back tattoo that lots of bar girls seem to have. It's nice of so many girls to have made the effort to give you something to look at when having fun, but it really is a form of "branding". They might be better off just getting an "I'm a hooker flag" that they can carry around, but still be able to get away from in the future! laugh.gif

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "bar girl branding"; the standard across the lower back tattoo that lots of bar girls seem to have. It's nice of so many girls to have made the effort to give you something to look at when having fun, but it really is a form of "branding". They might be better off just getting an "I'm a hooker flag" that they can carry around, but still be able to get away from in the future! laugh.gif

The good old tramp stamp.

The western women drove that into popularity and more common on them than the thai's.

A scorpion tattoo, at least in the western hemisphere, can signify being HIV positive. I don't believe its placement is relevant.( behind the ear) This is a new trend. Supposedly it is to let a potential partner to beware/ aware of the condition with out it being spoken out loud. Certainly not all scorpion tattoos have this or any meaning. . . . . just sayin'

Edit :male or female

Edited by rucus7

Do you believe any girl with a tattoo at the lower part of their back (nicknamed a tramp stamp by the way!) is a 'hooker' (genuine question and not asked in an aggressive manner)?

Edited by womblejamie

Something I've observed with a sly smile whilst in certain entertainment districts is the woman who has a farang geezer's name tattooed somewhere on her torso, normally the lower back. If the guys name who tattoed her is John maybe she will have a good chance of finding another John. Ahem. If its a more obscure name like, Cornelious, for example, she might have a tougher time.

I've often wondered if the farang does this name tattooing as like a final goodbye present when he understands the realtionship is growing stale. But that is just mean and cynical. I'm sure it was an act of love.

Behind the ear. I'm not sure. Fashion? It can be hidden if she wears her hair down at least. If she has hair. I've asked around and nobody seems to know. One thing I can say is to avoid women with tattooed breasts. Imagine how that will look in twenty years?

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Do you believe any girl with a tattoo at the lower part of their back (nicknamed a tramp stamp by the way!) is a 'hooker' (genuine question and not asked in an aggressive manner)?

Interested to hear the reply too. I know quite a few Thai females with a tattoo on their lower back and none of them have ever been a bar girl so it's a shame that they'll be thought of as such by a lot of narrow-minded farangs! I saw a similar thread to this a couple of years ago so asked them about it and they said it was a popular place to have one as a lot of Thai superstars were having them. They were studying at university at the time and said a lot of girls were having them done and that they, nor Thai friends/family, never associated a tattoo on their lower back with being a bar-girl, obviously they can tell the difference while a farang can't. But people have always stereotyped and always will, whether it's about someone with a shaved head, a tattoo, a black person, a gay person, a muslim....

Interested to hear the reply too. I know quite a few Thai females with a tattoo on their lower back and none of them have ever been a bar girl so it's a shame that they'll be thought of as such by a lot of narrow-minded farangs! I saw a similar thread to this a couple of years ago so asked them about it and they said it was a popular place to have one as a lot of Thai superstars were having them. They were studying at university at the time and said a lot of girls were having them done and that they, nor Thai friends/family, never associated a tattoo on their lower back with being a bar-girl, obviously they can tell the difference while a farang can't. But people have always stereotyped and always will, whether it's about someone with a shaved head, a tattoo, a black person, a gay person, a muslim....

Yes, girls always tell the truth, especially the ones that sold themselves to get through college.

Yes, girls always tell the truth, especially the ones that sold themselves to get through college.

Way off topic ludditeman, and sort of a mean spirited post. If you don't have any idea if the tattoo behind the ear means anything, move on.

Think of it this way: a scorpion is venomous and deadly, and often thought to only be looking out for itself. The people who live in the Big House [aka the House of the Scorpion] are the same way. They are, for the most part, vile people and don't care much for others, only looking out for themselves

I found that on google^^^