Aussies Deported Over False Phuket Robbery Claim

webfact

If you knew a little about history, you would know that Australia wasnt called Australia until the first white man got there, . So to state that only aboriginies are original Aussies is rubbish and not factual.

be a different story if they had won a few gold medals wouldn't it - you'd be painting your face with a southern cross wrapping yourself in a flag & running naked through the streets!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebanese Aussies are just as much Aussies as the convicts who were deported there between 1788 and 1868

Abdul Karim El Rajab, Zeidan Nouha

very Australian names

The convicts were transported to Australia and other places, not deported.

This pair have committed no crime (in this instance anyway) in Australia, so there is likely very little the Australian police can do. However I can almost guarantee they are now registered on insurance databases and will be watched very carefully in case of future claims or applications for insurance. They might even have any previous claims looked at again in light of their activities in Thailand.

Cheers

Amazing the numbers of posts teinted with racism in this thread. If i remember well the most profitables scams are made by guys like Madoff for exemple...not really a middle east name ...His scam made much more damage than an insurance false statment. Or the Viktor Bout case, who sold thousands of weapons,...

As soon as a name sounds arabian he is representative of a whole community for you?

Oh and by the way Lybia, Irak, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Indochina,...all those wars for oil or geo strategic positions in the name of "democracy".... So yes those two scums deserves to be deported..But not forget where YOU come from and WHERE you live right now....I am quite sure many thais think the farangs make a lot of trouble in their country too....

If you re racist please keep your poor comments for you

One thing I've never understood is why in the past, have I heard one or two of my fellow Brits and 1 or 2 Aussies moan about immigrants coming to live in their country and at the same time these same people are immigrants here in Thailand !!!!

What's the the Thai word for 'hypocrite'?

Edited by Hawkman

This pair have committed no crime (in this instance anyway) in Australia, so there is likely very little the Australian police can do. However I can almost guarantee they are now registered on insurance databases and will be watched very carefully in case of future claims or applications for insurance. They might even have any previous claims looked at again in light of their activities in Thailand.

Cheers

Wrong they attempted to defraud there Australian insurance company,which they did and where fined and deported for the crime .......who i should imagine are in Australia,how do you think these insurance scams are tracked down especially holiday insurance?

Many people are investigated by insurance company's on return from there travels after making claims to see if they are legitimate often many are not and the insurance company can prosecute.

Get used to it, people, I feel the same when gypsies are being called Romanians. Some idiots go as far as asking me how come I'm Romanian and white!?

That is a big problem!! In Austria, where I am from, a lot Roma (the Gypsies) come in and make big problems. But in the newspaper you don't read Roma, you read Rumaene. Which means Romanian. The political correct tell it would be racist to tell Roma did it.

So the usual Austrian (but same in France, Germany, Hungary) is very scared of Romanians. But in fact it is the gypsies which just happen to stay in Romania.

Wrong they attempted to defraud there Australian insurance company,which they did and where fined and deported for the crime .......who i should imagine are in Australia,how do you think these insurance scams are tracked down especially holiday insurance?

Many people are investigated by insurance company's on return from there travels after making claims to see if they are legitimate often many are not and the insurance company can prosecute.

Can you point to the part in the OP where it says they filed an insurance claim?

Oh, that's right - it doesn't.

Lebanese Aussies are just as much Aussies as the convicts who were deported there between 1788 and 1868

Abdul Karim El Rajab, Zeidan Nouha

very Australian names

There's a similarity between America and Australia. The only difference is that the first 'white' Americans weren't prisoners....jap.gif

Cheers

The weakness in your case is that they did not get far enough in the process; they reported to the police that they had been robbed in order to get a crime report as evidence in their claim. They didn't make the claim so there is no offence against the Australian company. The insurance company at best will "blackball" them

Can you point to the part in the OP where it says they filed an insurance claim?

The two Australian tourists on holiday in Phuket who were charged with filing a false robbery report last weekend have been deported, the Phuket Immigration Office has confirmed.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">The Australian couple, Abdul Karim El Rajab, 31, and Zeidan Nouha, 30, were arrested for filing a bogus report of being robbed in Patong last Sunday.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Police believe the couple filed the report with the aim of filing a fake insurance claim.

Always one pedant isn't there.rolleyes.gif

Read the original news report ..

"In their confession, the couple admitted to creating the bogus robbery in order to get the proper documents needed to file a claim with their insurance company, Lt Col Thammasak said."

Cheers

From the headline of the post we have "PHUKET: -- The two Australian tourists on holiday in Phuket who were charged with filing a false robbery report last weekend have been deported, the Phuket Immigration Office has confirmed"

Pretty clear that they failed at the filing police report step, and nothing mentioned about actually filing an insurance claim, though police surmising this was the plan is mentioned.

Cheers

The two Australian tourists on holiday in Phuket who were charged with filing a false robbery report last weekend have been deported, the Phuket Immigration Office has confirmed.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">The Australian couple, Abdul Karim El Rajab, 31, and Zeidan Nouha, 30, were arrested for filing a bogus report of being robbed in Patong last Sunday.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Police believe the couple filed the report with the aim of filing a fake insurance claim.

Always one pedant isn't there.rolleyes.gif

Gee ............. how does filing a report with Thai police translate into attempting to defraud an Australian insurance company?

If being a pedant means getting it right (rather than making wild assumptions) I plead guilty. :lol:

Edited by jackspratt

"In their confession, the couple admitted to creating the bogus robbery in order to get the proper documents needed to file a claim with their insurance company, Lt Col Thammasak said."

How does that translate into having filed an insurance claim?

Gee ............. how does filing a report with Thai police translate into attempting to defraud an Australian insurance company?

If being a pedant means getting it right (rather than making wild assumptions) I plead guilty. :lol:

Try reading my post above ..

http://www.thaivisa....-robbery-claim/

Is that a 'wild assumption'

No, the "wild assumption" is that they attempted to defraud the insurance company.

It is pretty clear (to me at least) they could not do that without first filing a claim with the insurance company, which is a quite separate act to claiming to the Thai police that they had been robbed.

They're both Lebanese. Firstly, for those who say "I bet they weren't born in Australia" clearly have never visited Australia or if you are from Australia, you've been living in Thailand far too long! :)

Whilst they are pretty dumb for thinking they could get away with it, it's no excuse for people here hating on them or anyone based on race, especially since it has absolutely no sentiment to the OP's story.

I would be more suspicious that they actually did nothing wrong and there is more to the story considering, you know, this is Thailand!

No, the "wild assumption" is that they attempted to defraud the insurance company.

It is pretty clear (to me at least) they could not do that without first filing a claim with the insurance company, which is a quite separate act to claiming to the Thai police that they had been robbed.

So you think it was a wild assumption that they attempted to defraud the insurance company.....when they have gone on record stating that this was why they filed the false robbery claim?

Check the small print on your travel insurance.

Obviously the mods have their hands full with all the flood postings, otherwise more than half of the posts here would have been deleted.

What a poor showing for the 'true' Aussies - calling these two 'boat people' is especially dimwitted as they are mostly descendants of boat loads of criminals themselves :unsure:.

Surnames have very little to do with their nationality, likewise their country of birth; if they are Australian citizens, they are as Australian as any blue-blooded criminal descendant.

And this is from an ex South African - calling you Australians racist xenophobes is particularly insulting. But just to be fair, not all Australians are racist cretins, I would say most are capable of using their brains far better than this bunch.:bah:

Guys,

Has the weather situation improved and is it a nice day to go outside, get away from your computers and do something meaningful or just relax?

Surely this thread is going to achieve absolutely nothing more and was probably at that stage after "Page 1"

Presumably the informal fine was a lot more than the official one. Otherwise why would the police go to so much trouble. In fact this is just a warning to insurance fraudsters to be more careful about the stories they concoct. The downside for getting caught is minimal. These two will probably come back and try and it again in another Thai resort.

So you think it was a wild assumption that they attempted to defraud the insurance company.....when they have gone on record stating that this was why they filed the false robbery claim?

If you are unable to make the distinction between an intention, and an attempt, I am unable to help you further. ;)

ps I never use travel insurance - waste of money.

Surnames have very little to do with their nationality, likewise their country of birth; if they are Australian citizens, they are as Australian as any blue-blooded criminal descendant.

And this is from an ex South African - calling you Australians racist xenophobes is particularly insulting. But just to be fair, not all Australians are racist cretins, I would say most are capable of using their brains far better than this bunch.:bah:

This! I was born and raised in Aus and with my surname, you wouldn't think I am Aussie either.

ParadiseLost, I love your willingness to put your country's history on the line like that! Much respect! And I couldn't agree more with what you said.

If you are unable to make the distinction between an intention, and an attempt, I am unable to help you further. ;)

ps I never use travel insurance - waste of money.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ,but thanks for all your previous help! laugh.gif

Why would someone report their passport missing for financial gain ? It will cause all sorts of problems

What normally happens in situations like this, is that they have items had stolen from them on the holiday but they know that insurance companies never willingly pay out unless there is a violent incident.

So they try to get a police report with a made-up violent incident in order that the insurance company cannot avoid it's obligations.

The problem is the insurance companies really, particularly in England and Australia never paying out

Edited by parmo1