Aussies Deported Over False Phuket Robbery Claim

webfact

In stead of just moaning to each other about these shit bags, .. download the images, and copy the articles, and send to every media address in Australia. Email cost you nothing. Express your disgust where it may be heard.

Copy the emails to politicians, state and federal. Make it known that these scum are giving Australia a bad name. Name them, and shame them.

Send emails to Thai consulates expressing your concerns, and apologise on behalf of your country. Send copies to the Australian embassy.

It's easy, and more productive that sulking in front of your PC.

Hell, the first time I was waiting in line for a visa in Penang, I saw a bunch of identical looking shit bags. There used to be codes of dress enforced by border controls, which would have excluded scum like this.

But be careful how you push the racist thing. I grew up in an Australia when anyone with a non-Anglo name was collectively branded as "New Australian". The majority in this category were Italian and Greek. .. generally anyone with dark hair, couldn't speak English too well and ate a disproportionate amount of garlic. Then is was the "boat people" escaping the Vietnam war. I welcome them all because they work and have contributed to the cultural wealth of Australia. Of course they have all had challenges adjusting, as did the Chinese who came for the gold rush in the 1860s.

Insurance fraud is committed by people of all nations, even those with English names. I don't care what their names are. What we have is the ID of two Australians who have got off lightly and shouldn't, and that is the point you should hammer home.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good point!

Firstly, I am appalled at the rampant racism in this blog. Just because someone is not white & blond with an anglo-sounding name doesn't mean they are not Australian citizens. Wake up folks, its not 1950 and the world is not segregated anymore.

Anyway, re-read the details of this case -- it doesn't make sense. It seems quite clear that these people were victims, possibly of someone working at their hotel. When someone in the police called the hotel to arrange an inspection, the thief then quickly returned the stolen items. If this couple was doing this for insurance reasons, why would they report their passports stolen? They wouldn't get any money back for those. And if they were attempting fraud, why make up a report of just wallets & iphones? Why not claim jewelry, watches, laptops, as well? And surely they would know that their room would be searched.

What a pair! If you report your passport stolen then you can't travel, and the expenses, accommodation etc that you incur while waiting for a new passport or emergency travel documents is claimable.

Having genuinely had my passport stolen, I can tell you that it can take a while. Unluckily, my prior passport was in the same folder as the brand new electronic one. Though I was able to produce 2 earlier passports, going back some 30 years, a Birth Certificate extract and a current NSW Driver's Licence (and 2 Thai licences, all 3 photo and jobs), credit cards, etc, I still wasn't accepted as an Oz citizen for some time.

Mr Jack

I think it is a waste of time trying to explain this to Mr Red he just simply doesn't understand that you can't be legally guilty of thinking about doing something. I am a little concerned that a Global Moderator (LivinginKata) has trouble grasping it.

Unless you make a FAKE report to the Police in order to make the insurance claim!

It is not clear what actually happened as we know the Thai police can be very vague as well as the newspapers, all i see in the post comments as pure raciest remarks, so if they were white Aussies this would not have happen, well i lived in UK i employed plenty of WHITE AUSSIES, and sure enough they too did the same to claim on their insurance before going back home after their 6 month traveling in UK, and lets not forget that all Aussies are immigrant from all kinds of back grounds many who were criminals from Great Briton, and i can't believe all these raciest remarks are made and the moderator has not done anything about it. Also what the hell you raciest Aussies are doing here in Thailand get the hell back to the land of OZ....

And finally who is a real Aussie you whites and the multi-colors Aussies or the Aborigines

Edited by thaiphoon
Font changed to default for better reading

Travel Insurance fraud is pretty common... Especially among well educated backpackers on the last few days of their holiday.... But of course the Thaivisa racist bigots all come out the woodwork as soon as someone of colour commits a crime...

Only b600 fine, i thought it was a SERIOUS offence to dr-fraud an insurance company, let's hope they are charged when they arrive back in Australia.

And by the way they ARE NOT AUSTRALIAN, probably middle east, giving AUSTRALIA A BAD NAME--

No no. The police (not court) fine was was for filing a fraudulent police report. You have to realise that fines in Thailand are not so much, in comparison with home countries.

Check the names. They'e from an ethnic group that form a disproportionately high percentage of crime statistics in Australia.

I presume by "ethnic group" you mean that the two individuals are Arab. For your information, the Arab civilization far predates so-called Western civilization. They preserved the ancient texts from the Roman and Ancient Greek worlds that helped the Europeans out of the "Dark Ages" and into the Renaissance from which much of European and subsequently Western civilization and scientific ideas took root.

Before the Arabs invented the number system that we now use, calculation was almost impossible for larger numbers (try using Roman Numerals to calculate!).

The Arabs also had great philosphers and medics.

And what did Western civilizations do for them? Tried to enslave them, created borders which managed to both divide tribes and divide them up too. And now we have people like you referring to them as "an ethnic group?"

By the way, I am not Arab, in case you think this is some sort of nationalistic rant

Only b600 fine, i thought it was a SERIOUS offence to dr-fraud an insurance company, let's hope they are charged when they arrive back in Australia.

And by the way they ARE NOT AUSTRALIAN, probably middle east, giving AUSTRALIA A BAD NAME--

No no. The police (not court) fine was was for filing a fraudulent police report. You have to realise that fines in Thailand are not so much, in comparison with home countries.

Making a false statement to a Police officer is a very serious offense in Australia, what about Thailand?

Get used to it, people, I feel the same when gypsies are being called Romanians. Some idiots go as far as asking me how come I'm Romanian and white!?

I thought the Romanians were a race in Star Trek. Aren't they the enemies of the Klingons?

I have been a member on this site for 5 years..

so far i simply read the threads to catch up on the news.

in 5 years i have so far logged in and made 5 comments.

3 of those comments have been today.

I have never read such racist crap on a regulated news feed anywhere.

they committed a common minor crime and they trashed their holiday.. so what !

twice in thailand my life has been seriously in danger and it wasn't from an arab sounding name or from a thai.. it was from loud drunken white wanna be gangster trash !

and yes i am white if my colour is a definition of my race.

please can someone moderate this thread or delete it entirely.. it's a total f******* embarrassment to thaivisa!

I

In stead of just moaning to each other about these shit bags, .. download the images, and copy the articles, and send to every media address in Australia. Email cost you nothing. Express your disgust where it may be heard.

Copy the emails to politicians, state and federal. Make it known that these scum are giving Australia a bad name. Name them, and shame them.

Send emails to Thai consulates expressing your concerns, and apologise on behalf of your country. Send copies to the Australian embassy.

Hell, the first time I was waiting in line for a visa in Penang, I saw a bunch of identical looking shit bags. There used to be codes of dress enforced by border controls, which would have excluded scum like this.

But be careful how you push the racist thing. I grew up in an Australia when anyone with a non-Anglo name was collectively branded as "New Australian". The majority in this category were Italian and Greek. .. generally anyone with dark hair, couldn't speak English too well and ate a disproportionate amount of garlic. Then is was the "boat people" escaping the Vietnam war. I welcome them all because they work and have contributed to the cultural wealth of Australia. Of course they have all had challenges adjusting, as did the Chinese who came for the gold rush in the 1860s.

Insurance fraud is committed by people of all nations, even those with English names. I don't care what their names are. What we have is the ID of two Australians who have got off lightly and shouldn't, and that is the point you should hammer home.

Abdul Karim El Rajab, Zeidan Nouha

very Australian names

That is why Australians and other nationalities will get a bad name because of all the import that they let into their country.

Only punished by 600 bath is cheap much too cheap

I just went through an extortion attempt by an Aussie: a white guy. When he didn't get his extortion money, he threw shit all over the place. You don't just need a couple of nationalized Arabs (failing at a small time scam) to give Australia a bad name.

Lebanese Aussies are just as much Aussies as the convicts who were deported there between 1788 and 1868

Abdul Karim El Rajab, Zeidan Nouha

very Australian names

There's a similarity between America and Australia. The only difference is that the first 'white' Americans weren't prisoners....jap.gif

Ahhh … come'on sirchai … the first 'white' Australians were amongst the best in the world … because the best 'Judges' chose them in the first place!

It is our nature as Aussies to be not so serious about some things.

If the actions of this couple were proud and noble … we would claim them as our own.

But if they acted dumb-assed (as clearly this couple did) we would disown them.

Same as we (the Aussies) claim (or dis-claim as the case may be) Mel Gibson (maybe not the best example), Nicole Kidman (apologies to the Yanks), the Bee Gees (England), Crowded House/Dragon/Russell Crowe/Sam Neil (come on New Zealand … you are missing your opportunity here for some Aussie bashing here).

Even our current Prime Minister was born overseas in Wales and the opposition leader was not born on our shores (we are an island nation being 'girt by sea')

But we do hold true to our heart is a sense of 'fair play' and 'natural justice' and we do dislike others besmirching our reputation ... we do a good enough job of that ourselves!

Maybe what some writers here are trying to describe is that it takes maybe a generation or two for recently immigrated folk to develop an 'Australian Identity' and adopt our value set.

Actually we all came originally from a 'different place'.

The aboriginals 40,000 years ago came from Asia.

A lot of the Thai blood-line came from the Chinese.

The Poms English came from Normandy (Norman Invasion, Battle of Hastings, 1066 and all that)

So we all come from somewhere.

Just that this couple acted so half-assed we say … they're not 'true Australians' … Ahhh, wot the F*** pass me another beer wood ya'

Think you have missed 1,000 + years of English history there mate!

try looking up Romans,Vikings etc,

Invasion / Colonisation of England, before the Normans!

Edited by MAJIC

twice in thailand my life has been seriously in danger and it wasn't from an arab sounding name or from a thai.. it was from loud drunken white wanna be gangster trash !

please can someone moderate this thread or delete it entirely.. it's a total f******* embarrassment to thaivisa!

I

Kindly note what I said about all those so called "New Australians"

Me: "I welcome them all because they work and have contributed to the cultural wealth of Australia."

But here is a comment I do take issue with "they committed a common minor crime and they trashed their holiday.. so what !"

It is precisely the "so what" attitude that is at the core of the problem, and why so many do it. But additionally, whilst abroad on Australian passports.

Naming and shaming is a fitting penalty.

I have removed nearly 30 derogatory, racist & stereotyping posts, and replies from this topic.

Please note our forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Be warned. Repeat offenders may lose their posting privileges for posting contrary to above.

Making a false statement to a Police officer is a very serious offense in Australia, what about Thailand?

It's not that serious in Victoria 95% of the time the brief won't even get authorised if you charge someone with "Make False Report" so it's not even worth pursuing unless it is of a very serious nature.

Well it would be classed as fraudulent under Australian law and no doubt the insurance company would seek a prosecution if proven..The 600 baht 'fine' by the phuket police must be a all time record for how low it is...Tea breaks must have been very interesting by the looks of it with the local constabulary interviewing these two!!!

Well it would be classed as fraudulent under Australian law and no doubt the insurance company would seek a prosecution if proven..The 600 baht 'fine' by the phuket police must be a all time record for how low it is...Tea breaks must have been very interesting by the looks of it with the local constabulary interviewing these two!!!

If they had of made a claim it would be the offence of "Attempt to obtain a financial advantage by Deception."

Also in Thailand, it's considered a serious offense in Australia. :rolleyes:

Your post was the last on the list which is why i replied to you.

actually my frustration was with thread of this topic in it's entirety, not with yourself.

my 'frustration' is on 2 counts

1. with racism and why it should re-occur so persistently through-out the thread

2. with the importance given to this offence..

knowing the issues that exist in phuket and the crimes that take place there make this offence almost inconsequential.

If this was a provincial australian newspaper and some guy fraudiently claimed his phone had been stolen there i doubt it would even get in the paper...

yes so what! so what makes this such an important thread ?

they are messed up now and they will face the music on their return.. but did they hurt anyone? no.. did they steal from someone? no.. did they screw up .. yes.. they did and they have learnt their lesson..

the truth is the debate has become a racial rant that bears no relevance to the crime committed.it's simply a case of lets bash the '<deleted>'

Walter Lang wrote : Any concept of one person being superior to another can lead to racism.

well the question is are we better and who are we to judge..?

I

Kindly note what I said about all those so called "New Australians"

Me: "I welcome them all because they work and have contributed to the cultural wealth of Australia."

But here is a comment I do take issue with "they committed a common minor crime and they trashed their holiday.. so what !"

It is precisely the "so what" attitude that is at the core of the problem, and why so many do it. But additionally, whilst abroad on Australian passports.

Naming and shaming is a fitting penalty.

Also in Thailand, it's considered a serious offense in Australia. :rolleyes:

depends on the report, for something like this wouldn't warrant the time and effort in Australia, well Victoria Australia

depends on the report, for something like this wouldn't warrant the time and effort in Australia, well Victoria Australia

Well.... it's an offense and a very bad reputation for Thailand for sure because when I read the news "Aussie in holiday in Thailand had his personal goods stolen" it makes me think that Thailand isn't safe anymore.

Minor pedantic correction - The Indians invented the modern number system. It is often called Arabic numerals because it came to Europe through the Arabs. The Persians copied the Indian number system and then passed it on to the Arabs. Then an Italian mathematician named Fibonacci traveled to Algeria to study. When he came back home, he brought the Indian numerals with him. He wrote about the system in his book "Liber Abaci." This system soon gained wide acceptance throughout Europe. Today it is the number system used in practically the whole world.

Edited by BaaNahmLai

Australia is the most multi-cultural country in the world, but yes, we also have racists. :bah:

If you believe the theory of migration out of Africa, then we are all immigrants in our own countries.

In the scheme of things this minor crime would not get a mention anywhere else. While, yes, it is "bad form" to attempt to deceive, it is nothing compared to what many Aussies (and everyone else) try to get away with in foreign countries.