Fly Fishing Hooks In Chiang Mai?

aeolion

Two years ago I bought an old van in New Zealand and fly fished the South Island for three months. The best three months of my life, and not all that expensive. After that, I married a Vietnamese girl and we are now in Chiang Mai. It is ironic that in Chiang Mai, a world-famous center of cheap fly production (Get your 1000 flies now for only $200, and we will send you 100 flies free!!!!!), we cannot find a source of trout fly hooks. I have all the tying materials, in GREAT variety, but I am out of anything under size 10.

I'm teaching my wife to tie and to cast -- those awesome little Asian hands, so quick, my god how I envy her. Casting is a bit more of a problem, but we just started. We might just hit New Zealand together one of these days

Any help on where in Chiang Mai we can get hooks? I know we can mail order them from the States, but us picking them out at a shop would be exciting for my wife. (Hey, she's a cheap date, what can I say?)

• 1 month later...

While I've been looking too and haven't seen any, they MK fishing store said he can order; but who knows what quality or quantity.

With so many fly tying manufactures here, have you though of nicely asking one them?

Why not fly fish in Thailand?

Sailfish, Trevally, Catfish, Mahseer, Jungle Perch....I enjoy fly fishing here also.