Daily Flood Locations Nov. 8Th

cdnvic

Starting today we are going to begin daily update threads so that info is current, accessible, and easy to find. The original thread was becoming too long to navigate for many so please post your current information here. We will start a new thread everyday at approximately 7-8 am Thai time.

A big thank you to Johnsnapo for starting the original thread that has had nearly a quarter million views, proving the worth of his original idea.

As before, please post flood info only, no general discussion, or politics. Off topic comments will be deleted without comment.

Remember to be as specific about location as you can. Your information may help many people in your area.

:Thaiflag:

Original thread for reference

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Minburi

Suwintawong (Highway 304), Minburi District past the Rat-U-Thit junction (to Nong Chok) has been rising slightly today. The water is between 60-80 CM's. Military type vehicles can pass, but as of yesterday, even a large city bus stalled.

It's best to avoid it altogether.

I am arriving at Swampy tomorrow and planning to travel to Prachinburi via motorway (7) to 314 into Chachengsao then 304/319 into Prachinburi.

Anyone know any reason why this route wouldn't be clear? I.e. is 314 from 7 into Chahchengsao, and Chachengsao itself, OK?

Thanks!

Since we are now starting afresh as it were, perhaps we can take on the suggestions of members for district related threads: West, East, Central etc.

It was discussed but ultimately we decided it would be confusing to have so many threads. The decision was for daily ones instead.

Since we are now starting afresh as it were, perhaps we can take on the suggestions of members for district related threads: West, East, Central etc.

It was discussed but ultimately we decided it would be confusing to have so many threads. The decision was for daily ones instead.

Fair enough...keep up the good work.

Hear, hear. Excellent work over the last few weeks from both Admins and TV members. This is a valuable resource for everyone.

Big golf clap all round....

:clap2:

Saphan Khwai

1745 8/8/11

The water is still north of Klong Bang Sue on Phaholyothin Rd and water coming from the Mochit direction is still flowing into the klong on the western side of the bridge over the klong.

Only trucks and buses seem to be coming southbound on Phaholyothin Rd north of Klong Bang Sue. Northbound small vehicles are being directed into the first soi on the left on Phaholyothin Rd after crossing Klong Bang Sue.

Today Klong Bang Sue has been up to 1.05 on the DDS website - this is 3cm higher than the highest level during the day yesterday and on Sunday.

Water is still seeping into Soi Nuan Keao, the last soi before Klong Bang Sue on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd. The amount of water does not seem to be increasing.

Phaholyothin Rd south of Klong Bang Sue does not have any water including the Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS areas. There is one manhole still leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood on Sunday near the temple at the end of the Soi (probably overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there was no water there at 1745 today.

Looking through the holes in the drain covers in the street in Phaholyothin Soi 15 the water level is much higher than normal and now only about 5cm from the bottom of the concrete drain covers.

north east

number 9 from fashion, clear to lam luk ka junction, when i came off to night , they was only letting big trucks carry on to the ransit toll , so yes the post of last night was correct,

lam luk ka road open going east from the number 9, not west as thats sai mai and to deep.

but here in lam luk ka road khlong 4 , going down about 2cm a day for the last 6 days

In the long flood thread,

"magmur" wrote:

"we have to go from Pattaya to Sukothai the day after tomorrow and the reports are very mixed, we don't have a clear picture"

If you can bypass the Rangsit to Ayutthaya run altogether, that might be your best bet. See my earlier response in the long flood thread.

Once you get past Ayutthaya, Rt 11 and Rt 12 north are in pretty good shape, although the Nakon Sawan area is still recovering. I was on Rt 12 between Nakon Sawan and Phitsanulok on Sunday and Rt 11 between Khao Sai and Phitsanulok on Monday and today.

Alternatively, you might want to take Rt 21 north up towards Phetchabun before cutting over to Rt 11 around the Tak Fa/Nong Bua area.

Good luck. Safe travels.

Edited by Spee

Suwintawong (Highway 304), Minburi District past the Rat-U-Thit junction (to Nong Chok) has been rising slightly today. The water is between 60-80 CM's. Military type vehicles can pass, but as of yesterday, even a large city bus stalled.

It's best to avoid it altogether.

Thank you for the information. I live close by Hatairat 7 Moo Ban Fanantawan. I am not in the LOS for the moment.

My wife is stuck up north, so I don´t know the situation in our soi.

To add a positive spin.

Bangkok Post are reporting that flooding in Pathum Thani is going down slowly. Confirmed by my wife in Bangkadi, approximately 30cm reduction at Bangkadi Industrial Park from a couple of days back, hope it keeps up.

Sorry that what's leaving us is heading for central BKK :(

Hear, hear. Excellent work over the last few weeks from both Admins and TV members. This is a valuable resource for everyone.

Big golf clap all round....

:clap2:

+1 :thumbsup:

Were checking out my perimeter early this afternoon. Here's the brief.

Going up ((westbound) on Thannon Lad Prao everything in sight all dry until Klong Lad Prao, just to be met by a completely flooded road and side sois right across the bridge.

Going up Chock Chai 4 (from Th. Lad Prao), all dry until 100 meter south of the intersection at Soi 37. Everything in sight, north, west and east of that point flooded perhaps 30-40 cm on average.

Going up along the Chalong Rat Expressway from Lad Prao to the Kaset-Nawamin Highway - everything in sight was dry. Made a u-turn and went over to the actual Kaset-Nawamin intersection via the northern-most main sois (south of the K-N highway). All main sois (including the one with the PM's house) were dry but som minor side-sois were flooded perhaps 5-15 cm.

The Kaset-Nawamin intersection was severely flooded - perhaps 40 cm near sidewalks and 20-30 cm near the center. Up about 20 cm since Sunday afternoon, While two days ago the flooded area didn't extend more than perhaps 100 meter to the south, it was now more like 3-400 meter. Flooding largely confined to the road itself and still about 3-4 km to go before reaching the Mall in Bang Kapi

Going east from the Lad Prao-Nawamin section near the Mall - all dry until the Seri Thai/Si Burapha intersection (about 1.5 km east of the Mall) which were flooded 10 cm according to a sign.

The latter flooding clearly was from Saen Saeb, checked it out and the u-turn under Si Burapha was blocked due to perhaps 30 cm water. However, it wasnt due to overflow via the embankments but from the drainage system. Around here - Saen saeb still has about 30 cm to go before overflowing the embankments, but only about 5-10 cm to go before overflowing the large drains which are at the end of most sois - at least at the evenumbered 122+ Lad Prao Sois.

Were checking out my perimeter early this afternoon. Here's the brief.

Going up ((westbound) on Thannon Lad Prao everything in sight all dry until Klong Lad Prao, just to be met by a completely flooded road and side sois right across the bridge.

Going up Chock Chai 4 (from Th. Lad Prao), all dry until 100 meter south of the intersection at Soi 37. Everything in sight, north, west and east of that point flooded perhaps 30-40 cm on average.

Going up along the Chalong Rat Expressway from Lad Prao to the Kaset-Nawamin Highway - everything in sight was dry. Made a u-turn and went over to the actual Kaset-Nawamin intersection via the northern-most main sois (south of the K-N highway). All main sois (including the one with the PM's house) were dry but som minor side-sois were flooded perhaps 5-15 cm.

The Kaset-Nawamin intersection was severely flooded - perhaps 40 cm near sidewalks and 20-30 cm near the center. Up about 20 cm since Sunday afternoon, While two days ago the flooded area didn't extend more than perhaps 100 meter to the south, it was now more like 3-400 meter. Flooding largely confined to the road itself and still about 3-4 km to go before reaching the Mall in Bang Kapi

Going east from the Lad Prao-Nawamin section near the Mall - all dry until the Seri Thai/Si Burapha intersection (about 1.5 km east of the Mall) which were flooded 10 cm according to a sign.

The latter flooding clearly was from Saen Saeb, checked it out and the u-turn under Si Burapha was blocked due to perhaps 30 cm water. However, it wasnt due to overflow via the embankments but from the drainage system. Around here - Saen saeb still has about 30 cm to go before overflowing the embankments, but only about 5-10 cm to go before overflowing the large drains which are at the end of most sois - at least at the evenumbered 122+ Lad Prao Sois.

This is the most informative post so far. Great job adding exact distances etc. Thanks

I wanted to clear up the different reports on Kallaprapruek Road from yesterday.

I just drove down the entire length on my way to Central Rama 2. While most of the side roads to the north are under water, and all low-lying parcels bring the water right up to the side of the road in places, the road itself is still dry until you get to the Kachanapisek intersection. There, at least on the south side, there is about 30 cm of water. This causes pretty bad traffic getting off Kallaprapreuk and onto Kachanapisek southbound as well as getting from Kachanapisek northbound onto Kallaprapreuk.

The southbound service lanes on Kachanapisek are sporadically under water up to Ekachai (the main center lanes are dry.) However, all the side roads and most stores look to be under water (the Makro is fine, though.)

Central Rama 2 parking is a zoo as I think many, many cars are parked there long-term. It certainly didn't seem to be that busy inside. However, the shopping center crew is frantically working to keep the lower parking levels dry. The drainage channels are running like crazy, and the connectors between the two parking areas are under maybe 70 cm of water.

Hey all. I have been following this story since the begining but have not posted anything until now. The thing is I am meant to be going home for a couple of months for xmas starting in the middle of this month, I am based in Hua Hin and am aware that Rama II is flooded up which may cause issues by road, but is it possible to get there by train still? Even if is, what would the conditions be like trying to get to the airport from there? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks Tom :)

Could posters consider if it's absolutly necessary to quote complete posts and their replies over and over again when making replies to previous post. Whilst I'n grateful to anyone taking the time to post, I am having to access this forum via my phone and having to plough way the same posts over and over again, I'm worried that may miss something.

Thank you all.

Mod Edit: Yes, please resist excessive quoting. Make this thread as concise as possible.

Edited by cdnvic

Yes, please resist excessive quoting. Make this thread as concise as possible.

Many forums successfully use:

^^^: to reference the previous post

@poster: to refer to an earlier post by 'poster'

Adopting these can cut down massively on quoting.

Edited by RickBradford

*deleted - that discussion is closed, DO NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD*

Does anyone have any info about Soi Onnut (Onnuch) near the Sukhumvit end?

Just came home via Expressway exit Sukh 62 and turned left, didn't go all the way to Onnut intersection but U-turned and then went into Sukh 93.

Not only is everything dry, but there was also little traffic - and if Onnut intersection were flooded, there would certainly have been a traffic jam.

Watcharaphon

Did a quick trip, won't go back til the weekend. Housed up in an apartment on Ekamai til I can get my car back in and things are cleaned up a bit. Have a month at this place, hope it is enough.....

Village management said water was down a centimeter from yesterday. Might be an insignificant fluke, but that's the first reduction so far. Hope it is a trend! Other than that, things are pretty much the same water wise...need a big truck or boat to get around.

Edited by tominbkk

*deleted - that discussion is closed, DO NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD*

Does anyone have any info about Soi Onnut (Onnuch) near the Sukhumvit end?

Just came home via Expressway exit Sukh 62 and turned left, didn't go all the way to Onnut intersection but U-turned and then went into Sukh 93.

Not only is everything dry, but there was also little traffic - and if Onnut intersection were flooded, there would certainly have been a traffic jam.

Thanks Tom, that's some good news in all of this mess.

Hey all. I have been following this story since the begining but have not posted anything until now. The thing is I am meant to be going home for a couple of months for xmas starting in the middle of this month, I am based in Hua Hin and am aware that Rama II is flooded up which may cause issues by road, but is it possible to get there by train still? Even if is, what would the conditions be like trying to get to the airport from there? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks Tom :)

It would be best if you can leave for Bangkok in the next few days and then stay there until your flight.

Rama 2 Road isn't flooded yet. It will be OK tomorrow, maybe still passable on Thursday.

If you wait until next week, you need to hope that the detour route through Ratchaburi and Nakhom Pathom to Route 340 is clear.

I don't know about the train, tho. A good part of Nakhon Pathom is already flooded. Then you'd need to get through Nonthaburi, also flooded.

Due to do a "run" up to Arunyapratate from I guess Morchit Mai. Anybody know if the coaches are running OK?

Dunno, but there are vans from the Victory Monument area that take a quicker route anyhow , and unlike Morchit the waters are still some distance away.