Atm At The Krabi Airport?

malamala

Hello,

would you know if there is an ATM (and where) at the Krabi airport?

We will arrive to Krabi on an international flight, we will be picked up by taxi and driven to a Phanom Bencha Mountain resort directly so we have to withdraw baht at the airport. Also - we need to top our Thai Sim card, DTAC, can we purchase the extra minutes at the airport? Where?

Edited by malamala

Hi Malamala,

there's a couple of ATMs and currency exchange points at the airport so you'll be sorted. As for buying credit for the sim card I'm not to sure, there's a couple of small convenience shops there also -maybe, maybe not. You could get the taxi to stop at 7/11 on the way to your resort. I've dropped into that resort before and it's a beautiful, tranquill and peacefull location. Hope you have a wonderful time. If you are planning for the mountain hike to the summitt itself I would love to hear some feedback, I'll be definitely giving it a crack myself in the near future.

Edited by powerof1

Thank you.

I do not need the sim card, I have one from the last year's trip, I just need to top it up so that it does not expire (or so I was told by DTAC)

Phanom bencha top- well I am afraid that this may be lost for us, we were told that the park rangers allor people to go there in January and our trip will be in November.

On the other hand should you go there, would you mind to post or send me a pm with your experiences?

ATM in Krabi airport is located on the lower floor (arrivals). It is on your left side as you walk from the baggage area into the main area, keep going past the information counter and it is a few metres past the lady at the counter on the corner, on the left side of the coridoor with the shops to the exit doors.

I think the ice cream shop and cafe type shop is directly opposite.

If you take your time you can't miss it as the airport is pretty small.

By the way, if you want the toilets, either go before you pick up your luggage from the belts, or after that you can go in either the toilets near the belts (under the central escalator area), or on exit of the luggage area on the left side of the main wide open area before the exit corisoor with the shops. Just wheel your luggage cart to the left past the information counter and past the taxi drivers having a nap, past the car hire counters and is right at the end.

If you find your transfer driver just ask him if you can go to the toilet first, then by the time you are finished most of the other pasengers will have left and is easier to use the ATM once the crod dissipates a bit.