Midnight Ban On Alcohol Now In Effect

george

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcohol ban? hmm how will lady farangs score?

Have another drink Nam Khao :D:o ######..............!!!!!

Geez........ the way TV is censored these days.... I can call Nam Khao all the swear words under the sun and it won't make any difference! :D My posts will all look the same........ ######################### & #### & #####

You big Creep!!! :D

ps. ur a real #### do u know that?

Edited by khall64au

Sigh! here we go again with the "we know whats best for you" bull***

Here is my theory : Thaksin has made a step further. From the "tycoon" (regular asian character), now he thinks that he has a "moral" crusade to do.

From the "making money" motto, he switches toward "i want to change my fellow citizen".

Don't you understand ? It's a clear sign that this guy is loosing his mind, and start to believe that he has a special mission to accomplish for his country.

Thaksin number 2 appears to be really different compare to Taksin 1 (first term).

He's going to become an autocratic ruler : a dictator in a word.

And the worst of them, historically, are the one who believe that they have "a mission", that they must change "life" etc.

Reminds me of Thatcher during the 80's. Initially made a few good decisions but became OTT after a term or so.

Roll on post TRT days ( but just mabe in 20 years it will be just like home :o )

I dont think it will effect the tourist trade a great deal.  Sure some people will not come here because of the drinking laws but the families that come over here every year will still come, maybe more if Thailand is seen as less of a nightime entertainment place. 

On the other hand the guys that come here for the women will still be able to get their women, just off to the hotel a little earlier.

I didn't notice a significant decrease in the tourist trade when the all night drinking venues all had to shut down at 2am, and then later in certain areas at 1am.

I dont think it affected the tourism revenue at all in fact.

I cannot think of any good reason to travel halfway around the world for a boozing holiday. There are places nearer to the UK where you can go without the cost of a ticket to Thailand.

Why do you equate drinking after midnight with a 'boozing holiday'? When people go on holiday they like to relax a little and have a good time - not to be ushered off to bed at midnight.

yeah I quite agree

when I came to LOS a couple of years back on holiday, our mixed group of F/M spent the day shopping, sightseeing, by the pool etc and at night it was to the restuarant and to the bar or club, and stay up as long as the bar would allow . I would think most tourists between 18-40 would have the same idea.It wasnt a boozing holiday, that would be stupid. We just wanted to maximise our days here and not be shut up in our hotel rooms!

This law would definately put the brakes on the partying but it wont stop drinking after 12 when you have graft.