BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
krobert6

I Have The Land - How Much For A House

My wife to be has land near Yonok and I will be going back in a few months to talk about building a house.

She tells me that 600,000 Baht with get the house she wants, is that realistic?

She wants 3 bedroom with 1 toilet, I would prefer 2 toilets.. High roof and now zircon but with water filtration system?

My wife to be has land near Yonok and I will be going back in a few months to talk about building a house.

She tells me that 600,000 Baht with get the house she wants, is that realistic?

She wants 3 bedroom with 1 toilet, I would prefer 2 toilets.. High roof and now zircon but with water filtration system?

Depending on the size and materials 600k can easily cover materials. Water filtration systems here are not expensive at all.

I heard 10,000 baht per square meter is a good guide, but I haven't tested the theory myself; it seems too high.

If you are using standard materials, I think 600,000 could cover your needs. But it is really easy to spend more.

Maybe 100-200k less if you don't get cheated.

Edited by ludditeman

Using local labour it's quite possible.

As it has been said, it's easy to spend more once you get started.

Builders are currently quoting 8-10k per sqr mtr, including labour. A budget of 600k will therefore buy a house of around 60 sq mtr. This will be very cramped for a 3 bed house, presumably plus living room etc.

A decent sized 3 bed house will probably be over 100 sq mtr - over 1 million baht including labour.

Builders are currently quoting 8-10k per sqr mtr, including labour. A budget of 600k will therefore buy a house of around 60 sq mtr. This will be very cramped for a 3 bed house, presumably plus living room etc.

A decent sized 3 bed house will probably be over 100 sq mtr - over 1 million baht including labour.

Yeh, but you are a white guy.

Local Thais get quoted half what you are quoted.

The finished price (includes all fitting, tiles, sanitary ware etc) can be a long way away from the builders quote for unfinished, depending on personal tastes/ability to buy inexpensively, the difference could easily be the same again. We manged 83square meters unfinished for 400k but the finished price was closer to 700k.

Edited by chiang mai

Yeh, but you are a white guy.

Local Thais get quoted half what you are quoted.

Yes I'm white, but the quotes I am referring to were given to a Thai in the last 6 weeks. Also my FIL is a builder so he has a pretty good understanding of the market. And no, this isn't a veiled offering of services to OP.

The finished price (includes all fitting, tiles, sanitary ware etc) can be a long way away from the builders quote for unfinished, depending on personal tastes/ability to buy inexpensively, the difference could easily be the same again. We manged 83square meters unfinished for 400k but the finished price was closer to 700k.

So your finished priced was near the quote range I quoted earlier, slightly lower :-)

So your finished priced was near the quote range I quoted earlier, slightly lower :-)

Yes, but my figures are from seven years ago :(

I was merely trying to demonstrate the difference between the two figures and have no idea what current costs might be.

Edited by chiang mai

Yes, but my figures are from seven years ago :(

Also I'm not sure about any price differential between CM (where I'm assuming you live) and the north of CR province where I think OP lives. Anyway I`m sure OP has enough input collectively now. Have a good evening, I`m off to the klong to float my kratong.

Sorry, forgot to add, the house we built was in Sukhothai province, three and a half hours south of CM by road. As I recall the local builders fee was 120k and we bought all the materials, sometimes via our builder and some times direct from different suppliers. Despite having a plan we were sadly unable to get the builder to follow it, local builders will build what they know unless you stay on top of them every single day - having said those things, it all worked out well in the end but it was a much harder ride than anticipated.

;) 600000 wont get you much . bigger is better in thailand 3 bedrooms and one toilet sounds a bit cramped .sounds like a basic thai house i am spending 3000000 on a house in hat yai . 5 bedrooms 5 toilets lounge two kitchens one in one outside large entrance hallway . ducted air/con western electral fittings two car garage security system electrlc gates. marble floors . james hat yai