Thaivisa.com Now In Top 5 For Most Influential Social Networking About Thailand

webfact

Thaivisa.com now in Top 5 for most influential social networkers about Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Thaivisa.com has been rated in the Top 5 for most influential social networking sites in Thailand according to Klout.com. The top 5 most influential social networkers about Thailand are @RichardBarrow (journalist), @georgebkk (Thaivisa.com) and @tulsathit (The Nation).

Check us out here: http://klout.com/user/georgebkk?n=tw&v=influential_about

The Klout Score measures influence on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the most influential, based on ability to drive action. Every time a website creates content or engages, they influence others. The Klout Score uses data from social networks in order to measure:

True Reach: How many people you influence

Amplification: How much you influence them

Network Impact: The influence of your network

Klout has announced that 100 million people now have Klout Scores. This means that there are now 100 million people across the globe who are looking to measure how their influence extends across the social Web using Klout. Millions of users of social networking services are being added to Klout’s index every few days.

Klout measures social influence across 10 different networks. In addition to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, Klout measures influence on LinkedIn and Foursquare, services it added support for in the last few months. Meanwhile, last month, Klout revealed that social activity on Tumblr, Blogger, Flickr, Instagram and Last.fm can count towards your Klout Score.

Back in April, Klout revealed that it was handling more than 500 million API calls per month, with more than 2,000 partner-developers using its API. Klout announced a way for brands to reward their Facebook fans based on their Klout Score in June, while it partnered with comedy website Funny Or Die to offer Klout Perks last month.

Thaivisa.com currently has 10,700 Twitter followers, 16,000 Facebook followers over several pages and around 1,600 people following on Google+. In October 2011 Thaivisa Forum generated over 7 million page views and had over 1 million unique visitors, according to Truehits.net and Google Analytics.

Thaivisa and The Nation are also delivering Breaking News SMS to more than 7,000 subscribers on AIS, Dtac and True Move networks.

Later this month Thaivisa will be launching apps for iOS, Android and GoogleTV to give access to its forum and other services from mobile devices and smart TV's.

Related links:

Thaivisa on Facebook: http://facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews

Thaivisa on Google+: https://plus.google.com/116866638430460700577/

Thaivisa on Twitter: http://twitter.com/georgebkk

tvn.png

-- 2011-11-12

Pantip.com and mthai.com even teenee.com are much more influential social networking sites about Thailand than ThaiVisa.com is. I don't agree with the figures at all. Why would you toot your own horn without including others. How is @@RichardBarrow a networking site anyway? don't you mean influential people? I'm confused by the story it's not making sense.

Pantip.com and mthai.com even teenee.com are much more influential social networking sites about Thailand than ThaiVisa.com is. I don't agree with the figures at all. Why would you toot your own horn without including others. How is @@RichardBarrow a networking site anyway? don't you mean influential people? I'm confused by the story it's not making sense.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/

I think a quick google will show the websites with the most traffic in thailand.

These stats will also show not a once a year spike during a time of crisis.

Tv is good I give the team lots of credit for what they do but there are fb pages in th with a lot more traffic than tv+twits+own affilliated fb /g+ pages.

Top 5 in english perhaps?

(Oops, there goes my free lifetime membership and set of tv steak knives I suppose).

I think a quick google will show the websites with the most traffic in thailand.

Tv is good I give the team lots of credit for what they do but there are fb pages in th with a lot more traffic than tv+twits+own affilliated fb /g+ pages.

(Oops, there goes my free lifetime membership and set of tv steak knives I suppose).

Correct, it's the English language websites that competes here.

Klout analyses the number of followers and fans you have in twitter and facebook and other socials sites, how many retweets/like you have to give you a score.

Thai websites would not use the word "thailand" since they are in Thai..

If they do not have Facebook or Twitter accounts they would also not be counted.

Finally an unbiased article ;)

The Klout Score measures influence on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the most influential, based on ability to drive action.

Not sure about this websites ability to DRIVE ACTION. Lots of talk, frustration, argument, debate..., but ACTION???

Correct, it's the English language websites that competes here.

Please....don't give him any knives george! biggrin.gif

The Klout Score measures influence on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the most influential, based on ability to drive action.

Not sure about this websites ability to DRIVE ACTION. Lots of talk, frustration, argument, debate..., but ACTION???

You must have missed the GOM thread! laugh.gif

Not sure how influential given many of the posters and their profanity laced nonsense posts, but the news information is good to keep up with. I do give a lot of credit to all the old hands on the blog who for many years do provide helpful information to those in need (i.e. Lopbury3, etc.)without bias to country or culture.

Not sure how influential given many of the posters and their profanity laced nonsense posts, but the news information is good to keep up with. I do give a lot of credit to all the old hands on the blog who for many years do provide helpful information to those in need (i.e. Lopbury3, etc.)without bias to country or culture.

Yes, if it really was influential, all the hate Thais /Thailand posters on Thailand News and General would have driven all expats away from the country.

But three cheers for the Visa section and the people who so diligently keep it up to date and correct, and Lopburi 3 is certainly one of the best.

Interesting indeed.

Try doing a simple google search of Thailand Social Networking, and I think a couple much more interesting sites come up. There's a lot of angry older hands on this site that get in the way of discussions imo. I'm not sure if you can name other sites, but there are definitely better Thailand sites with English forums and blogs out there.

I assume this has something to do with teaming up with the Nation. I'm sure that helped the reach.

Totally agree with this. Don't forget most of the farangs in Thailand still live in a shell ignoring everything Thai going on around them. Just being married to a Thai some think they are fully knowledgeable on everything Thai... 5555

You must have missed the GOM thread! laugh.gif

Classic! :lol: