What should be going on in Chiang Rai?

tayto

No, i'm not Irish, if the last comment was aimed at me.

You got a duplicate image, too, Tayto! :D

Another (off-topic) try:

A village 'carnival' (june 2, 2005)

PS: Best part of an hour and only one edit! Works like a flash...

Bye,bye, pics. :o

zzap.I think your seeing double........lost the glasses or have you been at

the Saengsom

"2. By getting the photos URL, dragging and adding it into IMG above.

This is difficult and lots of times it doesn't work."

My answer to this is to upload your images to something like 'photobucket.com' and link to there.

But attachments are extremely slow on TV, I was browsing other threads without delay while waiting for this one to load. I don't think it's just my slow connection?

No, i'm not Irish, if the last comment was aimed at me.

You got a duplicate image, too, Tayto! :D

Another (off-topic) try:

A village 'carnival' (june 2, 2005)

PS: Best part of an hour and only one edit! Works like a flash...

Bye,bye, pics. :o

the Saengsom

Duplicate image='the secret meeting'. Remember? :D

I hate Saengsom, it's local potgin and betelnuts I am addicted too. :D:D

Limbo,

The new pinned topic about what's on in Chiang Rai....are we supposed to be only announcing stuff there or is this also the place to discuss the items? If a great deal of discussion happens then it seem like after awhile it will become really cumbersome and not a practical way to find out what's going on. Its all the same to me...I just want to be sure its ok to add sarcastic comments to other peoples posts...because if its ok then I'll be there soon.

Chownah

Dear Chownah,

I have problems with my back. I have been planting rice, yes, but after that I couldn't stand straight for a day.

The people of the village Ban Panjamorn know this and they seem to appreciate anyhow that a friend and I show interest for their work on the fields.

This 77 year old Dutch friend, who after having been living there for many years became part of the village, and I join therefore their happy moments when the work is done.

We contribute with some liquids mostly. They are happy and we feel happy to be able to share their satisfaction after a day of hard work. The atmosphere is great and the open and hospitable attitude of the farmers is characteristic for pleasant Thainess.

Personally I love happenings in villages, may it be weddings or cremations; the community feeling which we seem to have lost in the west, heartwarming.

About the 'happenings-topic':

Comments on news can add something. They can complete the picture.

Sarcasm doesn't add something.

Limbo.

Dear Chownah,

I have problems with my back. I have been planting rice, yes, but after that I couldn't stand straight for a day.

The people of the village Ban Panjamorn know this and they seem to appreciate anyhow that a friend and I show interest for their work on the fields.

This 77 year old Dutch friend, who after having been living there for many years became part of the village, and I join therefore their happy moments when the work is done.

We contribute with some liquids mostly. They are happy and we feel happy to be able to share their satisfaction after a day of hard work. The atmosphere is great and the open and hospitable attitude of the farmers is characteristic for pleasant Thainess.

Personally I love happenings in villages, may it be weddings or cremations; the community feeling which we seem to have lost in the west, heartwarming.

About the 'happenings-topic':

Comments on news can add something. They can complete the picture.

Sarcasm doesn't add something.

Limbo.

If they are planting rice in Chiang Rai then I suggest you post this information in the 'happaenings topic' since it hasn't been mentioned there and maybe people would like to know about its so they can go and enjoy the fun!!

Edited by chownah

and I join therefore their happy moments when the work is done.

We contribute with some liquids mostly. They are happy and we feel happy to be able to share their satisfaction after a day of hard work.

Dearest Limbo. Does the back problem actually arise from the liquid contributions and falling down water? Or, as I suspect, you have actually been in the paddy with your Taliban Headgear atop your head getting your feet wet and stuck many times. Been there, done that too, my friend. And good back breaking fun it is too.

I hope you didn`t mix the beer and lao kao. It`s usually goodnight Vienna after that. :D:o

Or, as I suspect, you have actually been in the paddy with your Taliban Headgear atop your head getting your feet wet and stuck many times.

No Mr. Chang35Baht, I never exaggerate these things.

On top of that I have a stamp in my passport which tells me 'working prohibited'.

And, as you certainly know, I am a law-obedient citizen.

I indeed got my feet wet, it was a horrible experience. I still get the shivers when I think about it.

No, I had a this kind of geniously designed and with superior craftmanship produced straw-hat om my head.

Because pictures were taken (look, daddy is planting rice in Thailand), I had to stand in a bowed position and then it suddenly 'went in my back'.

So my contribution to that years harvest was minimal.

But the party was great (Chivas Regal :D ).

And I actually planted rice, which I recommend everybody to do once, because it is a great experience.

You really, even if it is only for some minutes, become much more aware about the essence of Thai culture. I maximised this experience by having a Thai traditional massage afterwards (also for my back). It helped!

Dear Mr. Chownah, here in Chiang Rai the harvest is going on, but when the planting starts I will certainly mention it :o

Limbo.

Or, as I suspect, you have actually been in the paddy with your Taliban Headgear atop your head getting your feet wet and stuck many times.

No Mr. Chang35Baht, I never exaggerate these things.

On top of that I have a stamp in my passport which tells me 'working prohibited'.

And, as you certainly know, I am a law-obedient citizen.

I indeed got my feet wet, it was a horrible experience. I still get the shivers when I think about it.

No, I had a this kind of geniously designed and with superior craftmanship produced straw-hat om my head.

Because pictures were taken (look, daddy is planting rice in Thailand), I had to stand in a bowed position and then it suddenly 'went in my back'.

So my contribution to that years harvest was minimal.

But the party was great (Chivas Regal :D ).

And I actually planted rice, which I recommend everybody to do once, because it is a great experience.

You really, even if it is only for some minutes, become much more aware about the essence of Thai culture. I maximised this experience by having a Thai traditional massage afterwards (also for my back). It helped!

Dear Mr. Chownah, here in Chiang Rai the harvest is going on, but when the planting starts I will certainly mention it :o

Limbo.

I thought you said that you were planting rice just a couple of threads ago.

Limbo,

The new pinned topic about what's on in Chiang Rai....are we supposed to be only announcing stuff there or is this also the place to discuss the items?  If a great deal of discussion happens then it seem like after awhile it will become really cumbersome and not a practical way to find out what's going on.  Its all the same to me...I just want to be sure its ok to add sarcastic comments to other peoples posts...because if its ok then I'll be there soon.

Chownah

That was me, I apologise for my earlier off-hand remarks. Some of my comments aren't to be taken too seriously, specially at this time of year, when the RICE HARVEST celebrations are in full swing and I am not always completely sober... :D:D

BTW, where I live, it's small groups of people eating and boozing after the day's work, sponsored by the 'employer'/landowner. Not something I'd advertise to go along to and invite oneself, though everybody who happens to walk pass is welcome - Northern hospitality. :o

I hope I made it clear why I picked at your posts, Chownah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...