Mae Sot Visa Run

mhortig

Hello,

Is the mae sot border crossing now open for visa run. The visa is a type "O" that requires a stamp every ninety days. If is is not open can you suggest other nearest open border crossing for a Phitsanulok resident. Thanks for your help.

If you have a type ' O ' visa already surely you mean you have to report every 90 days ??? , there's an immigration dept in Phitsanulok. :blink:

Its possibly a multi entry Non O Visa which means leaving Thailand and re-enter when the 90 days are up.

Nong Khai would be a better choice. Some folk used to do the crossing near Loei, mentioned a lot on TV but not for some time now.

If you have a type ' O ' visa already surely you mean you have to report every 90 days ??? , there's an immigration dept in Phitsanulok. :blink:

Its possibly a multi entry Non O Visa which means leaving Thailand and re-enter when the 90 days are up.

Nong Khai would be a better choice. Some folk used to do the crossing near Loei, mentioned a lot on TV but not for some time now.

Have done the run to Thali which is close to Loei and it is as easy as Maesot.

Thanks, thought there was only one type of non-immigrant ' O ' visa, which I had to get for 1 year extention aplications.

You forget the visa cost! Mae Sai is still 10 USD , if you're lucky or 500 B.

The Laos commies want at least 1500 B at the border. Don't go to the consulate in Khon Kaen, those a@@holes charge even more AND you have to wait 2 days , or pay even more to get it right away!!

Cambodians 20 USD but via online visa , 25 or more at the embassy and 2 to 3 days wait.

At the border you pay more unless with one of the "travel agencies" which are not cheap either.

Mai Sai is the best, quick , easy , friendly.

Hello,

To cross the border at MAESAI do you need to get a Visa or can you go shopping few hours without stamping your passport ?

And the visa for Myanmar is the "on arrival" kind that cost 500 thb ?

Thanks.

I only go every 3 months to get a stamp , and then it is sort of visa on arrival , 500 B or 10 $ . You can go shopping there , but as I understand it,

you can't go further in to Birma than the village.

Hello,

To cross the border at MAESAI do you need to get a Visa or can you go shopping few hours without stamping your passport ?

And the visa for Myanmar is the "on arrival" kind that cost 500 thb ?

Thanks.

For a non Thai it's a stamp in passport jobby 500bt and a 15 day visa on re entry unless you have an O visa or such like then you get another 90 day's, or what ever your visa allow's.

• 2 weeks later...

News has it Maesot open Dec.5.

It's not been confirmed yet. The bridge open's up again on the 5th for traffic, but no mention of visa run's. Might have a run out there in the next few day's for up to date info. N/B it's never been closed for Thai's or Burmese only Farang. Edited by fredob43

Ok Fred keep us up to date, my visa run is due next week and this would save me a day, could be a day on the Isle of KPP :)

[/quote Might go tomorrow if I feel up to it. But definitely sometime during the next week. Update to follow. Don't know how you'll get on in K.P.Phet it's a bit upmarket. T. T. A. K.P.Phet.

Edited by fredob43

Fred, I have no earings and no earings and in no way could I be considered riff raff would I be allowed in to KKP?

We get a bit of low grade riff raff here in Nakhon "Heavenly" Sawan, usually around the Park in the early hours after the beer has run out. I stress this is very low level riff raff and cannot be compared to the top totty riff raff that manifests itself in the those tourist centres further south, such as that gem of the Chon Buri coast Bungalow-BumpBumps.

Fred, I have no earings and no earings and in no way could I be considered riff raff would I be allowed in to KKP?

We get a bit of low grade riff raff here in Nakhon "Heavenly" Sawan, usually around the Park in the early hours after the beer has run out. I stress this is very low level riff raff and cannot be compared to the top totty riff raff that manifests itself in the those tourist centres further south, such as that gem of the Chon Buri coast Bungalow-BumpBumps.

Dave. And anyone that it might be of interest to.

First the good news Mai Sot is now open 100% was there today 6/12/11 and spoke to the emigration peep's and they were very helpful. Their word's were we are glad to be back.

Now the bummer, I asked if all Farang's could use the Border/Bridge and it seem's everyone's welcome. Then I ask about peep's from N/S that's when the sh/t hit the fan, lot's of muttering and sputtering from inside the kiosk. Sorry but I didn't quite get the full meaning as my Thai's not great, but the upshot was I think that if you get a pass note from The Tourist Association of K.P.Phet all will be well.

As luck would have it I happen to know the right peep's and for a "large" Tiger beer all I'm shore can be sorted.

Your post Dave threw me a bit I got very confused with the Heavenly bit thought you had moved here for a moment. The earrings, as my wife wear's them I suppose that's all right.

Your very welcome to pop in on your way to M/S. Well you'll have too to pick up your pass.

I also live in NS and dont do the earings and no tattoos, I use to be known as riff raff when I was young but thats along time ago, I am welcome in Big C and Makro and 7-11 ( sundays only). Do you think I might also get a pass for a visit to this KKP place, where is it? Is it a giant brewery and I can get a tour with lots of free bevys?

I also live in NS and dont do the earings and no tattoos, I use to be known as riff raff when I was young but thats along time ago, I am welcome in Big C and Makro and 7-11 ( sundays only). Do you think I might also get a pass for a visit to this KKP place, where is it? Is it a giant brewery and I can get a tour with lots of free bevys?

As luck would have it T.T.A K.P.P. does do trip's. Sorry to relate though that there only on every other Sunday, so you might have to forgo the jaunt's to your local establishment's. All are welcome. Glad to say that FREE ROOT BEER is available on the 4 hour delux trip that depart's at 10am sharp. First port of call is to the local church that at this time of year include's the carol sing along. If you are still interested please send a letter with up to date photo to the T.T.A K.P.Phet. They will be only to pleased to send by return the application form. Just a thought why not bring a friend.

Fred for and on behalf of T.T.A.K.P.Phet.

Edited by fredob43

Now the bummer,

Then I ask about peep's from N/S that's when the sh/t hit the fan, lot's of muttering and sputtering from inside the kiosk.

Just curious Fred what's problem with N/S (Nakhon Sawan) do they not come under that border crossing or something.??

Now the bummer,

Then I ask about peep's from N/S that's when the sh/t hit the fan, lot's of muttering and sputtering from inside the kiosk.

Just curious Fred what's problem with N/S (Nakhon Sawan) do they not come under that border crossing or something.??

No problem with N/S it's an in joke/friendly banter that has been going on through several post's. Sorry if you haven't seen them. In hindsight must be a bit confusing.

Now the bummer,

No problem with N/S it's an in joke/friendly banter that has been going on through several post's. Sorry if you haven't seen them. In hindsight must be a bit confusing.

OK. :D

So it's OK for a shaved headed guy, tattooed with ear-rings, wearing a string vest with a bottle of Heineken in hand to border-cross but he has to leave his Rottweiler behind.:D

Now the bummer,

OK. :D

So it's OK for a shaved headed guy, tattooed with ear-rings, wearing a string vest with a bottle of Heineken in hand to border-cross but he has to leave his Rottweiler behind.:D

When I first read your post I thought that you had seen me at the check point the other day. Then I spotted the Heineken bit, I had a Tiger. Come on now own up, how do you know my wife's name is Rottweiler.

Nakhon Sawan is known as the "Heavenly City" I think this started in the 1970's, apparently that number 1 showband of the time Showwaddywaddy (KAP) were touring the Kingdom and were due to play the Stadium at Nakhon Sawan they decided that this was to be the first time they played their new release "Heavenly" live, ever since then the name has stuck. I expect there will now be a run to get this downloaded and before the weekend, probably not this one though, this will be adopted as the song that will be forever linked to Nakhon Sawan, it may even become their anthem as loudspeaker vans tour the metropolis reminding locals of how wonderful it is to live and die here.

The similarity between showwaddywaddy and showady kap is purely conincidental!

Edited by nong38

Nakhon Sawan is known as the "Heavenly City" I think this started in the 1970's, apparently that number 1 showband of the time Showwaddywaddy (KAP) were touring the Kingdom and were due to play the Stadium at Nakhon Sawan they decided that this was to be the first time they played their new release "Heavenly" live, ever since then the name has stuck. I expect there will now be a run to get this downloaded and before the weekend, probably not this one though, this will be adopted as the song that will be forever linked to Nakhon Sawan, it may even become their anthem as loudspeaker vans tour the metropolis reminding locals of how wonderful it is to live and die here.

It just show's you how low Showwaddywaddy stooped anything for a few bob A. I can see their lead singer now with his hair cut.

Having been through there N/S just after the flood I would have thought that Lonnie Donegan's my old man's a dustman would have been more appropriate for the Anthem

Just to let you know that K.P.Phet is known as the Diamond City, it's to do with the Farang's that live here, it's I think that we are all Diamond's. Allegedly.

I have left out remark's on the Dying bit, that remind's me of yet another tune a Foggy day in London Town. I think the word's go something like this a foggy day in Nakhon Sawan had me low had me down. I viewed the morning with much alarm has this place now lost it's charm. ECT ECT. Franky boy sang it.

T.T.A. K.P.Phet.

Edited by fredob43

It just show's you how low Showwaddywaddy stooped anything for a few bob A. I can see their lead singer now with his hair cut.

Having been through there N/S just after the flood I would have thought that Lonnie Donegan's my old man's a dustman would have been more appropriate for the Anthem

Just to let you know that K.P.Phet is known as the Diamond City, it's to do with the Farang's that live here, it's I think that we are all Diamond's. Allegedly.

I have left out remark's on the Dying bit, that remind's me of yet another tune a Foggy day in London Town. I think the word's go something like this a foggy day in Nakhon Sawan had me low had me down. I viewed the morning with much alarm had this place lost it's charm. ECT ECT. Franky boy sang it.

T.T.A. K.P.Phet.

Diamond City, are you trying to tell me that all the Farangs are a bit rough in K P P?? Surely not! Frankie Boy mmm, remember the fogs but Frankie Boy is that Vaughan or Frank Lampost (Chelsea FC). Yes Loonie Donegan was here a few weeks ago, 2 a couple of weeks of one night stands then someone put him in wheelie bin! Cant think why.

Edited by nong38

I have left out remark's on the Dying bit, that remind's me of yet another tune a Foggy day in London Town. I think the word's go something like this a foggy day in Nakhon Sawan had me low had me down. I viewed the morning with much alarm had this place lost it's charm. ECT ECT. Franky boy sang it.

T.T.A. K.P.Phet.

Diamond City, are you trying to tell me that all the Farangs are a bit rough in K P P?? Surely not! Frankie Boy mmm, remember the fogs but Frankie Boy is that Vaughan or Frank Lampost (Chelsea FC). Yes Loonie Donegan was here a few weeks ago, 2 a couple of weeks of one night stands then someone put him in wheelie bin! Cant think why.

A diamond when referring to some one mean's there top notch. ROUGH well I never.

The great Lonnie died about 5/6 year's ago must have been an impostor you had. No wonder that they put him in a wheelie bin.

Enough of this frivolity.

Any Idea what day you are going to M/S.??? How are getting there.??? Do you want a K.P.P Pass or are you going to wing it.???

T T A K.P.Phet.

T.T.A. K.P.Phet.

A diamond when referring to some one mean's there top notch. ROUGH well I never.

The great Lonnie died about 5/6 year's ago must have been an impostor you had. No wonder that they put him in a wheelie bin.

Enough of this frivolity.

Any Idea what day you are going to M/S.??? How are getting there.??? Do you want a K.P.P Pass or are you going to wing it.???

T T A K.P.Phet.